HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Night Roster Announced

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
  #26
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
This team has outgrown Bouillon.
While I'm not nearly as critical of Frankie as you are. I do agree with this statement. Despite what I think though I expect him to be in lineup when he is ready to return. But with all the depth and talent I hope he isn't rushed.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
  #27
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lines from practice this week (per Cooper):

Kostitsyn - Spaling - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Smithson- O'Reilly - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist
Stortini - Fisher - Bergfors

Looks like Stortini and Bergfors are the scratches right now...
Looks like Poile wasnt bullsh***ing about Spaling being considered top 6 material...

interesting that Smith is on a wing as well

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
  #28
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
I'd expect Hillen on the bottom pairing ith Laasko and Ekholm rotating in and out
is Hillen on a two way deal?

if so, he certainly becomes expendable when Cube is ready, even if he would only be the 7th D

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:47 PM
  #29
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Looks like Poile wasnt bullsh***ing about Spaling being considered top 6 material...

interesting that Smith is on a wing as well
Honestly, that lineup to me says that we don't have last change in either game, that we are going against teams with good center depth, so we're stacking our most offensive players with a young top-9 forward who doesn't skimp on defense, and our least defensive center with our most defensive wingers.

Love the Legwand line. Think the Geoffrion line can work too. Would prefer to switch Cal and Nick in this lineup though to be honest...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:51 PM
  #30
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
is Hillen on a two way deal?

if so, he certainly becomes expendable when Cube is ready, even if he would only be the 7th D
Yes, Hillen has a two-way contract. I don't think he'd clear waivers to be sent down though...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
  #31
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Honestly, that lineup to me says that we don't have last change in either game, that we are going against teams with good center depth, so we're stacking our most offensive players with a young top-9 forward who doesn't skimp on defense, and our least defensive center with our most defensive wingers.

Love the Legwand line. Think the Geoffrion line can work too. Would prefer to switch Cal and Nick in this lineup though to be honest...
I agree, I thought the Smithson, Spaling, Tootoo line had really good chemistry last year.

What do you see happening when Fisher comes back?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Yes, Hillen has a two-way contract. I don't think he'd clear waivers to be sent down though...
yes, but I can also see that being OK if both Laakso and Ekholm prove to be fully ready and Frankie is healthy as the spare.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:44 PM
  #32
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lines from practice this week (per Cooper):

Kostitsyn - Spaling - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Smithson- O'Reilly - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist
Stortini - Fisher - Bergfors

Looks like Stortini and Bergfors are the scratches right now...
With current roster this is how I would try opening night..

Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Kostitsyn-O'Reilly-Erat
Bergfors-Geoffrion-Hornqvist
Tootoo-Spaling-Smithson

Weber-Suter
Blum-Klein
Laakso-Ekholm

Rinne

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM
  #33
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,312
vCash: 500
Hey,
Rangers fan here.
I'm doing fantasy hockey and wanted to inquire about Colin Wilson.
I saw he had a sick preseason.
What do you think his chances are to breakout and what kind of player is he?

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:31 PM
  #34
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Looks like Poile wasnt bullsh***ing about Spaling being considered top 6 material...

interesting that Smith is on a wing as well
Trotz says he likes to start with two guys that have chemistry together, then add the third piece. I think that Smith and Willy are the two with chemistry. But neither have earned Trotz's trust to handle the Center position. So he adds Leggy with tons of speed who is a veteran, defensively responsible player.

But Spaling with Erat and SK74??? Why not O'Reilly? To me, Spaling just kills any offensive creativity on this line. Maybe I am unfairly type-casting Spaling because of his role last year playing on a shutdown line and a PKer. At best, I see him as a poor man's Goc offensively. I know Goc worked well with Erat and Kostityin, but Spaling may very well kill this line. I know, I know, it's Predator hockey. Sometimes it makes me batty!!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:12 AM
  #35
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,067
vCash: 500
it'll be hilarious if Spalling tears up his top6 role. he showed he could dominate the defensive side of the game and if he can do the same on the offensive side, then damn.

Realistically though i dont see him putting up any substantial numbers, hope he proves me wrong tho.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:19 AM
  #36
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Looks like Poile wasnt bullsh***ing about Spaling being considered top 6 material...
That's what I was gonna say. I don't believe it though. O'Reilly should be up there and given that chance first, imo.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:20 AM
  #37
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Hey,
Rangers fan here.
I'm doing fantasy hockey and wanted to inquire about Colin Wilson.
I saw he had a sick preseason.
What do you think his chances are to breakout and what kind of player is he?
We expect this to be his year to either prove to everyone that he is indeed awesome, or to take a step back and fall into oblivion. I think he steps up, bigtime.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:55 AM
  #38
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lines from practice this week (per Cooper):

Kostitsyn - Spaling - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Smithson- O'Reilly - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist
Stortini - Fisher - Bergfors

Looks like Stortini and Bergfors are the scratches right now...
I think I like the way that looks. When Fisher comes back he goes in for Spaling then it's between Spalling and Geoffrion for the 4th line spot. All 4 lines have some scoring potential (some more then others).

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
  #39
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lines from practice this week (per Cooper):

Kostitsyn - Spaling - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Smithson- O'Reilly - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist
Stortini - Fisher - Bergfors

Looks like Stortini and Bergfors are the scratches right now...

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
  #40
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
With current roster this is how I would try opening night..

Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Kostitsyn-O'Reilly-Erat
Bergfors-Geoffrion-Hornqvist
Tootoo-Spaling-Smithson

Weber-Suter
Blum-Klein
Laakso-Ekholm

Rinne
I like it.

Keep Wilson and Smith together. Spaling on either 3rd or 4th line.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:11 AM
  #41
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
I think I like the way that looks. When Fisher comes back he goes in for Spaling then it's between Spalling and Geoffrion for the 4th line spot. All 4 lines have some scoring potential (some more then others).
with Spaling waiver exposed that will likely be an easy call unless Geoffrion tears it up.

not sure what to think about Oreilly on the Smithson/Tootoo line though

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:29 AM
  #42
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
with Spaling waiver exposed that will likely be an easy call unless Geoffrion tears it up.

not sure what to think about Oreilly on the Smithson/Tootoo line though
That's my frustration as well. In preseason, we were seeing lines with true identity for the first time in a long time -- two scoring lines, a grinding line with some offense, and a pure grind. It's been something that's bugged me about the way Trotz puts lines together for some time, and I think it's behind how ineffective these lines can look, at times. Now...regular season, and we're right back to that.

I understand trying to balance your lines, but if you've got two guys on a line that can make plays--and then one that will miss the pass or cough the puck every time, and you replicate that over 3 or 4 lines, what have you really got?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
  #43
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn - Spaling - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Smithson- O'Reilly - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist
Stortini - Fisher - Bergfors

Looks like Stortini and Bergfors are the scratches right now...




NO GOD NO

of all the jackassery what is with these lines?

Spaling Smithson Tootoo were FANGTASTIC last season. Why break them up?
Spaling is NOT A TOP SIX FORWARD.
Bergfors is NOT a scratch.
O'Reilly will not be anything with Tootoo and Smithson on his line
Smith is not ready for those kinds of minutes
Bergfors had great chemistry with Wilson and Legwand why change it
Poor Hornqvist!

Kostitsyn O'Reilly Erat
Wilson Legwand Bergfors
Spaling Smithson Tootoo
Halischuk Smith Hornqvist

That is my line up.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
  #44
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Stortini IMHO is the next one sent down, he has a 2 way deal.

I like the

Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist

line.

Too much energy....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
  #45
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I think Spaling is out of place there, but I think the hope is that it is for just the first two games...depending on when Fisher gets back. Trotz used the Spaling-Smithson-Tootoo line in the preseason and I'd bet it was going to be reunited again.

Bergfors was impressive early in camp, but seemed to fade a bit down the stretch. I'm hoping this is a wake up call to him that says you're on the roster because we saw your talent, but a consistent display of that talent is what's needed to play here. Welcome to the Predator Way...

Honestly, this lineup to me says roll four lines and match up against the Jackets and Blues. Gonna need special teams to help us in both games, but the key here is that I think we're going to see an early dose of Predator Hockey this weekend with tight defense and hard work.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
  #46
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
One thing also to consider is that our defense have a green light this season to join in the attack. I think we'll see a lot more offense in transition this year develop because of that...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
  #47
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think Spaling is out of place there, but I think the hope is that it is for just the first two games...depending on when Fisher gets back. Trotz used the Spaling-Smithson-Tootoo line in the preseason and I'd bet it was going to be reunited again.

Bergfors was impressive early in camp, but seemed to fade a bit down the stretch. I'm hoping this is a wake up call to him that says you're on the roster because we saw your talent, but a consistent display of that talent is what's needed to play here. Welcome to the Predator Way...

Honestly, this lineup to me says roll four lines and match up against the Jackets and Blues. Gonna need special teams to help us in both games, but the key here is that I think we're going to see an early dose of Predator Hockey this weekend with tight defense and hard work.
that would make sense... when fisher returns he goes between SK and Erat, Smithson/Spaling/tootoo is recreated and Oreilly centers Hals and Horns with Geoffrion back to Milwaukee

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
  #48
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,956
vCash: 500
The problem is that sometimes when you have guys who are similar in skill set they bump into each other and don't know their roles. When you have a defensive center with offensive players it frees up the offensive players to do their thing, score. Also tells me we are going to see the defensemen in the offense more. People have been saying that the Preds will be easier to cherry pick on because of this.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
  #49
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Stortini IMHO is the next one sent down, he has a 2 way deal.

I like the

Halischuk - Geoffrion - Hornqvist

line.

Too much energy....
I hope so also, but it is very "unTrotzian" not to have that enforcer here. I heard him mention Stortini and what he did in Winnipeg and how much he liked having a person like that and it was necessary... sigh.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
  #50
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I hope so also, but it is very "unTrotzian" not to have that enforcer here. I heard him mention Stortini and what he did in Winnipeg and how much he liked having a person like that and it was necessary... sigh.
Stortini isn't a Belak or Grimson type enforcer though, he's Tootoo without the skill.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.