HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal @ Toronto OCT 6th 7:00PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
WTF Martin, are you kidding me!?

You get Cole for 4 years this summer at 4.5 per, but you make him play on the 3rd line with nobody's and not even on the PP? Sigh
I fail to understand how Kostityn managed to get into the top 6 considering his training camp was a reflection of his entire career.... Inconsistent!

I'm really hoping that Martin stabilizes the lines once Eller is back and moves Cole to PLeky's line and AK- inconsistent to the 3rd line with Eller and DD.

Old
10-05-2011, 03:21 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I fail to understand how Kostityn managed to get into the top 6 considering his training camp was a reflection of his entire career.... Inconsistent!

I'm really hoping that Martin stabilizes the lines once Eller is back and moves Cole to PLeky's line and AK- inconsistent to the 3rd line with Eller and DD.
13 - 14 - 46 has been our most consistent and dangerous line for the last 2 years. Hope this helps.

Also, inconsistent AK had 1 less point than work-horse Captain Gionta last season. With far less minutes played.

Old
10-05-2011, 04:06 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
13 - 14 - 46 has been our most consistent and dangerous line for the last 2 years. Hope this helps.

Also, inconsistent AK had 1 less point than work-horse Captain Gionta last season. With far less minutes played.
lazy russian...

Old
10-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
We tend to make use of players better then other teams, especially on special teams. Its hard to think a guy like Cole wouldn't be a better player to stand in front of the net on the PP for tips/screens then someone like Darche, who got a decent amount of PP time last year.

Doesn't really matter to me if he only had 3 goals on the PP for Carolina last year, unless the role he was playing is the role I discussed above. If it was fine; I just have a hard time believing a tough, grind-em-out guy with hands like his couldn't be a good PP screen/tip type player.

Edit: As far as the 3rd line goes, I could care less. We'll have 3 scoring lines. As long as he's on one of them, who gives a ****?
Fortunately Montreal has Pacioretty and Kostitsyn for that job now in addition to Darche so Darche isn't going to see it often. Strange that Montreal now has more power wingers than the league average after the fanbase has been complaining about that for so long.

Old
10-05-2011, 05:27 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post

The reason he plays far less minutes is because he plays at the same intensity in the preseason and in the playoffs.

And he's inconsistent!

Old
10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:

The way I see it, Martin is becoming even more inconsistent than AK...

Old
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Seriously I don't agree with what's going on here.

I thought pretty much everyone agreed that the lines should be

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
DD - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - White - Darche - Blunden - Engqvist - Weber

These lines make the most sense, they're balanced and they offer some real scoring threat. If you put Cole on a line with Darche and Moen or whatever, he's not going to score 30 goals for us this year, he's gonna score 14.

Old
10-05-2011, 07:41 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Seriously I don't agree with what's going on here.

I thought pretty much everyone agreed that the lines should be

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
DD - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - White - Darche - Blunden - Engqvist - Weber

These lines make the most sense, they're balanced and they offer some real scoring threat. If you put Cole on a line with Darche and Moen or whatever, he's not going to score 30 goals for us this year, he's gonna score 14.
I think you missed the part where Eller is likely out for the opener. By necessity you have to move Darche up to the third line at that point. Could go with Darche-DD-Kostitsyn, but that is a bit risky so JM has swapped Akost and Cole. At least temporarily. We know AKost will do okay with Pleks and Cammy, and maybe Cole can help stabilize DD & Darche. It's not like those two are total plugs. Darche developed a bit of a scoring touch last year and DD is an excellent passer, so I still expect Cole to do quite well with those two.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:11 AM
WeberStreit

Some swiss newspapers report Weber will be waived.
Does anybody know more about it?

If so, I think he'll play in the AHL, because nobody will pick him up. He's just not a NHL defenseman.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Aeneas

AK is pretty consistently inconsistent...perspective

Old
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberStreit View Post

If so, I think he'll play in the AHL, because nobody will pick him up. He's just not a NHL defenseman.
Don't think he will be waived. We have 23 players right now including Weber, with Eller, White and Markov on IR.

Woywitka will likely be waived before Weber when White or Eller comes back. Next in line would probably be Palushaj.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

If waived, I think someone will take a chance on him as their 7th Dman due to his age and upside.

I don't see him waived though, I would think Woywitka would be waived first.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

Lol, he will get claim that's for sure. If the Habs didn't have an overload of bottom pairing dmen, he would be great for that spot and he's most likely going to become a top4 dman a la Wiz, without the toughness.

Old
10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

3-1 Habs

Cole with the empty netter.......

Old
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Guys, whats up with Markov? The same injury from last season?

Any idea on his return timeline?

Here's to a good game

Old
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
Guys, whats up with Markov? The same injury from last season?

Any idea on his return timeline?

Here's to a good game
Still re-habbing his injury from last year..."late October" seems to be the tentative timetable for now.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:

If that's the case, he'll be claimed which is a win for Weber. He needs a team to give him a shot... a real shot.

He is a decent player but a victim of the numbers game most likely.

I think he is an NHL d-man but he is too far down the depth chart in Montreal. He would be a good fit on a developing team where he can get assigned more responsiblities.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

There is no way the Habs place him on waivers, they will let Woywitka go first. I'm sure we could also get a prospect or late pick for Weber

Old
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
cheerupmurray

Is Andreas Enqvist going to make the team from the start? I can see he is not very popular around here, but he was a favorite of mine and other fans when he played for Djurgården in SEL.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Is Andreas Enqvist going to make the team from the start? I can see he is not very popular around here, but he was a favorite of mine and other fans when he played for Djurgården in SEL.
It seems that way; the Habs don't really have any other options for a fourth-line centre. Looks like it'll be Engqvist's to lose. And contrary to opinions around here, the coaching staff seems to like him quite a bit.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I support Engqvist. He does what he needs to do. He'll only get better at it with experience.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It seems that way; the Habs don't really have any other options for a fourth-line centre. Looks like it'll be Engqvist's to lose. And contrary to opinions around here, the coaching staff seems to like him quite a bit.
Ok, nice for him, never thought he would play in NHL. He was a latebloomer (never got drafted, never played in the wjc). He was great for Djurgården in the SEL-playoffs and apparently also for Hamilton. So if he manage to stick on the team you will have a pretty clutch guy.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Its in the Habs best interest to have a motivated and involved Kostitsyn...he's a pending UFA whose unlikely to return, making him likely trade bait at some point in the season

I don't think the Habs want to move Kostitsyn while he's languishing in an obscur role and not putting up numbers.

just my theory

Last edited by 417: 10-05-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I support Engqvist. He does what he needs to do. He'll only get better at it with experience.
Exactly.

I don't think it will be very hard for him to become a very good 4th liner.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Ok, nice for him, never thought he would play in NHL. He was a latebloomer (never got drafted, never played in the wjc). He was great for Djurgården in the SEL-playoffs and apparently also for Hamilton. So if he manage to stick on the team you will have a pretty clutch guy.
Good to hear. I like him too, hopefully he does well for us. Seems like a smart player.

Closed Thread