HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2011-12 line up

Old
10-04-2011, 11:09 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
no we have too many 6/7th dmen, we need to free up contracts not add more
Yeah I guess...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:49 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
I'm going to guess this

Voracek - Briere - Simmonds
JVR - Giroux - Jagr
Read - Couturier - Hartnell
Rinaldo - Talbot - Nodl

Carle - Pronger
Meszaros - Timonon
Couburn - Lilja

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky
Lavy said having Meszaros paired with Timonen is because Walker is a right handed shot. I think if Walker clears, he starts with Coburn.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Thanks everyone! I'll check back later on.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Lavy said having Meszaros paired with Timonen is because Walker is a right handed shot. I think if Walker clears, he starts with Coburn.
poor Coburn, really must have pissed Lavy off

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Prongo
Beer

with what is being said on twitter....

Simmonds-briere-voracek
JVR-Giroux-jagr
Hartnell-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nodl

Prongo-Carle
Mez-Kimmo
Coburn-Walker

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
On a somewhat hopeful note, at least Coburn and Walker could be a bruising pairing?

10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
livewell68

From http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...04&feedID=6572

It seems like the top 2 lines will be (and they are interchangeable between what the 1st and 2nd lines are).

One line will have JVR playing on the left side, centered by Giroux and Jagr flanking the right side.

The other line will have Voracek playing left wing with Briere centering and Simmonds playing on the right side.

livewell68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
with what is being said on twitter....

Simmonds-briere-voracek
JVR-Giroux-jagr
Hartnell-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nodl

Prongo-Carle
Mez-Kimmo
Coburn-Walker
Just a question, why is everyone assuming that the Giroux-Jagr-JVR line will be the 2nd line? Is it because Jagr is on that line so he couldn't possibly handle 1st line minutes?

Old
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Broad Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Just a question, why is everyone assuming that the Giroux-Jagr-JVR line will be the 2nd line? Is it because Jagr is on that line so he couldn't possibly handle 1st line minutes?
Lines are always interchangeable, we don't have a true 1st line more along the lines of 1a and 1b

Broad Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Yes. Yes it is.

Seriously, not everything relates to Jagr.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Yes. Yes it is.

Seriously, not everything relates to Jagr.
I was asking a simple question. A simple "yes" would have suffice.

Old
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
From http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...04&feedID=6572

It seems like the top 2 lines will be (and they are interchangeable between what the 1st and 2nd lines are).

One line will have JVR playing on the left side, centered by Giroux and Jagr flanking the right side.

The other line will have Voracek playing left wing with Briere centering and Simmonds playing on the right side.
I like Simmonds playing with Briere and Voracek instead of Hartnell there. Hartnell should be a solid third liner and when Schenn eventually comes back that line could be interesting (even without Schenn it could be interesting).

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
like someone else said i think i believe the first two lines are 1a and 1b. That was just the way i typed it.

Whatever the line who has Giroux at their center will become the clear cut number one line this year i believe

Old
10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Doyle

Flyers Roster Finalized for Opening Night in Boston
http://nhlhotstove.com/flyers-roster...ght-in-boston/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Quote:
I was asking a simple question. A simple "yes" would have suffice.
You are unbelievable!

You turn everything into Jagr, everything. I personally tend to put Giroux's line first because I believe him to be our #1 C. Some people have Briere in that spot. Or maybe, people just interchange them because they are quite interchangeable.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
You are unbelievable!

You turn everything into Jagr, everything. I personally tend to put Giroux's line first because I believe him to be our #1 C. Some people have Briere in that spot. Or maybe, people just interchange them because they are quite interchangeable.
I didn't intend on making this about Jagr, I want to apologize. I was just curious as to why so many had that line as the second line. My own conclusion was that I assumed most thought Jagr couldn't handle the first line minutes and by default his line would be the second line.

I do however think that our first two lines look pretty good on paper. Best case scenario, we have the best top 6 forwards in the league. Worst case scenario, the chemistry isn't there and changes have to be made.

Again, I apologize if it seems like my intention was to make this about Jagr because that wasn't my intention at all. I have always kept a slight interest in the Flyers even in years past and I have to admit that with Jagr joining them, I have become far more interested now but I see things about this team that are very promising and even the casual fan would have to take notice.

I think from the get go I might have rubbed certain Flyers fans the wrong way on here, I have to admit my liking of one particular player makes me look like a bandwagon fan but I come asking you Flyers fans to accept me as a Flyers fan.

I realize that Jagr's time in the NHL is numbered and once he retires it leaves me with a team to pick. So far the Flyers as a whole are growing on me.

Last edited by livewell68: 10-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
haha your posts are the best.... and imo whatever line giroux centers will be the #1 line... although it is still kind of like years past where we have a 1a and 1b line, followed by a 2nd type line(skill of the players) and a 4th.

So basically we are rolling 3 scoring lines again, although our 3rd line this year will have more grit, speed, and shutdown ability.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:11 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Harts - Hobbit - Voracek
JVR - Roo - Jagr
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Couts - Talbot - Nodl
Rinaldo

Pronger - Carle
Kimmo - Mez
Coby - Walker
Lilja

Bryz
Bob

edit: I have a feeling Couts may be sent down after his 8-9 games

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Harts - Hobbit - Voracek
JVR - Roo - Jagr
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Couts - Talbot - Nodl
Rinaldo

Pronger - Carle
Kimmo - Mez
Coby - Walker
Lilja

Bryz
Bob

I don't know they cleared a contract with betts getting snagged off waivers. I'm thinking the probabilities of him staying have increased with Betts gone

Old
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
mirimon

Quote:
I didn't intend on making this about Jagr, I want to apologize. I was just curious as to why so many had that line as the second line. My own conclusion was that I assumed most thought Jagr couldn't handle the first line minutes and by default his line would be the second line.

I do however think that our first two lines look pretty good on paper. Best case scenario, we have the best top 6 forwards in the league. Worst case scenario, the chemistry isn't there and changes have to be made.

Again, I apologize if it seems like my intention was to make this about Jagr because that wasn't my intention at all. I have always kept a slight interest in the Flyers even in years past and I have to admit that with Jagr joining them, I have become far more interested now but I see things about this team that are very promising and even the casual fan would have to take notice.

I think from the get go I might have rubbed certain Flyers fans the wrong way on here, I have to admit my liking of one particular player makes me look like a bandwagon fan but I come asking you Flyers fans to accept me as a Flyers fan.

I realize that Jagr's time in the NHL is numbered and once he retires it leaves me with a team to pick. So far the Flyers as a whole are growing on me.
At least you come with a fair amount of self awareness. It's not nearly as bad as when wolfy was here. Also, your guy is a helluva lot better.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Harts - Hobbit - Voracek
JVR - Roo - Jagr
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Couts - Talbot - Nodl
Rinaldo

Pronger - Carle
Kimmo - Mez
Coby - Walker
Lilja

Bryz
Bob

If Couts ever played on the 4th line, he would center, but I highly doubt he will play that low. 3rd line would probably be the lowest he would play.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:34 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If Couts ever played on the 4th line, he would center, but I highly doubt he will play that low. 3rd line would probably be the lowest he would play.
Same goes for Read, I assume.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
BK201

did schenn make the team?

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
VanSciver

Quote:

Who or which line gets the most icetime will be the same as it always has been. Whatever line has the most jump that night. And also taking into consideration matchups. Not to mention game situations

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
BK201

never mind my question i just read :/

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote