HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After tough exit interview hard summer has paid off for Zuccarello

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
  #1
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
After tough exit interview hard summer has paid off for Zuccarello

Quote:
Hard summer has paid off for Zuccarello
Wednesday, 10.05.2011 / 10:30 AM / 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere
By Shawn P. Roarke - NHL.com Senior Managing Editor

STOCKHOLM -- Mats Zuccarello can't lie. His exit meeting with the Rangers at the end of last season was not a pleasant experience, to say the least.

Coach John Tortorella and his staff picked apart Zuccarello's game in a way that few before had. A star wherever he had played in Europe, Zuccarello now was hearing that he had huge holes in his game.

Just like that, one of Norway's biggest sporting stars was uncertain about his immediate future in the sport he loved. He was about to enter the final season of his contract with the club and the idea of spending another long winter in the American Hockey League was not an appealing one.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594480


Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-05-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: no full articles please
NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
  #2
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Great find. Zucca-smash!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
  #3
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!
 
Ruotsalainen29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
I love the kid's determination. I am a fan.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
  #4
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,727
vCash: 910
Awards:
Good to see him working hard. I think he's going to have a big year for us.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
  #5
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
admittedly was never this guys biggest fan, but after seeing what hes done with his offseason and the improvements hes made in preseason im expecting big things from him this season and am confident hell produce.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:09 PM
  #6
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,486
vCash: 500
Nice article. I think this is a perfect example of why so many who've seen him play are so high on him, despite his struggles. He's not only skilled and has great ice vision, but shows great heart and character. His work ethics is great. He takes critique the right way and doesn't sour.

Zuccarello is certainly a breakout player to have on the Rangers watch list. He and Anisimov look really interesting by their improvements. Who knows where he'll end up in the lineup as the season progresses? Top 6 is not out of the question, despite the murdering competition. PP time is almost a certainty.

I much rather see Zuccarello in the top 6, than Wolski for example.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
  #7
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,048
vCash: 500
Count me as one of those who is skeptical, but pulling for the guy. After reading that article, I'm pulling for the guy even more now.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:24 PM
  #8
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Nice article. I think this is a perfect example of why so many who've seen him play are so high on him, despite his struggles. He's not only skilled and has great ice vision, but shows great heart and character. His work ethics is great. He takes critique the right way and doesn't sour.

Zuccarello is certainly a breakout player to have on the Rangers watch list. He and Anisimov look really interesting by their improvements. Who knows where he'll end up in the lineup as the season progresses? Top 6 is not out of the question, despite the murdering competition. PP time is almost a certainty.

I much rather see Zuccarello in the top 6, than Wolski for example.
Agreed. At least MZA leaves it all on the ice every shift. I don't think the difference in talent is that severe, so if he can produce at or above Wolski's level, I'm sure he'll get a good chunk of the ice time that's up for grabs.

He's definitely a dark horse candidate for a big season. If he and AA can both pump out 50 points I think we could have a really good chance in the playoffs.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
  #9
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
They should try him with Anisimov and Callahan.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
  #10
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Its great to hear a kid have this kind of attitude. Its never easy to hear you are not good at anything (like in Torts exit interview) but instead of pouting he went and worked on those aspects of his game. He could take the easy way out and be a star in Europe but the kid is determined to make it in the NHL. I really like the kids attitude. He always seems like a team first kind of guy.

I also think its great to see guys like Boyle and Zooks working with Barbara Underhill to improve their skating.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:34 PM
  #11
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,762
vCash: 500
MZA, like Boyle and Prust, will flourish under Torts. He has the right attitude where he gets challenged and he faces it head-on.

I am calling 50+ points for MZA this season and a new contract by years end.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
  #12
Poozer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Uh oh, the article mentions Barb Underhill, noted skating instructor!

She solves all our woes

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
  #13
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MZA, like Boyle and Prust, will flourish under Torts. He has the right attitude where he gets challenged and he faces it head-on.

I am calling 50+ points for MZA this season and a new contract by years end.
That is a huge prediction (Gabs and Duby only had 48-54 points last season) for a guy who has only played around 40 NHL games but if he gets some legit PP time I could see 40-50 points being possible as well.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
  #14
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
That is a huge prediction (Gabs and Duby only had 48-54 points last season) for a guy who has only played around 40 NHL games but if he gets some legit PP time I could see 40-50 points being possible as well.
On pace last season for about 40 points. It was his first season in NA and on the smaller rink. He has looked much better this pre-season and with his defensive side getting better Torts will use him more.

I would think 35-40 assists is not out of the realm of possibility for MZA.;

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
  #15
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
On pace last season for about 40 points. It was his first season in NA and on the smaller rink. He has looked much better this pre-season and with his defensive side getting better Torts will use him more.

I would think 35-40 assists is not out of the realm of possibility for MZA.;
I see your logic and I agree with you if MZA gets legit ice time and some legit PP time. I'm very optimistic about Zooks. I see him as the 2nd or 3rd best passer on the team.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
  #16
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,565
vCash: 500
If he gets a lot of PP time (which he should) I think 50 points is attainable. However, I'd be happy with 40. If he sticks with the team, he still has to adjust to a full 82 game season.

Hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
  #17
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
I'd be extremely happy if he scores 40 points.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:20 PM
  #18
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,577
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If he gets a lot of PP time (which he should) I think 50 points is attainable. However, I'd be happy with 40. If he sticks with the team, he still has to adjust to a full 82 game season.

Hope he proves the doubters wrong.
His left handed shot from the RW on the PP is going to help make this years PP dangerous.

Richards at one point, Gaborik shooting from the other, if the shot is not there, a one-timer from MZA or the ability to make passes like the pass he fed Boyle at the door-step in the preseason game.

He's going to get alot of looks from the wall on the PP.

50 points is attainable.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
  #19
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
His left handed shot from the RW on the PP is going to help make this years PP dangerous.

Richards at one point, Gaborik shooting from the other, if the shot is not there, a one-timer from MZA or the ability to make passes like the pass he fed Boyle at the door-step in the preseason game.

He's going to get alot of looks from the wall on the PP.

50 points is attainable.
Not to mention the chemistry between Del Zotto and Zuccarello. Del Zotto is one of our better pinchers at getting himself open, while Zuccarello is a master at finding the open man.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
  #20
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Great read, I hope he flourishes this year.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
  #21
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quick thought on the 5 forward PP.

Point- Richie, Point - Gaborik, LW- Callahan, C- Boyle or Dubinsky, RW- Zuccarello

*orgasm*

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
  #22
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Here's a video of a post game interview with Dubi and Boyle after that loss, in their final pre-season game.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/96...boyle-postgame

I could be wrong, but early in the Dubi interview, EC walks by with a pink bag (no surprise there, ) in his hand and........ then (who I believe is) a shirtless Zuccer walks by, carrying a Rangwers blue bag (with red broder stripe). If that is in fact Zuccer, he certainly has been working out like a mofo. He's looks beefed up. That should go a long way in helping him in his battles and overall strength.

Good to see Zuccer focused and ready to go!!

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
  #23
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
I really hope he becomes a big time player for us.

With the state of our D we are going to need to get as much offense as we can muster.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
  #24
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Here's a video of a post game interview with Dubi and Boyle after that loss, in their final pre-season game.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/96...boyle-postgame

I could be wrong, but early in the Dubi interview, EC walks by with a pink bag (no surprise there, ) in his hand and........ then (who I believe is) a shirtless Zuccer walks by, carrying a Rangwers blue bag (with red broder stripe). If that is in fact Zuccer, he certainly has been working out like a mofo. He's looks beefed up. That should go a long way in helping him in his battles and overall strength.

Good to see Zuccer focused and ready to go!!
I think that is Bickel.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:54 PM
  #25
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Quick thought on the 5 forward PP.

Point- Richie, Point - Gaborik, LW- Callahan, C- Boyle or Dubinsky, RW- Zuccarello

*orgasm*
Until the puck goes the other direction and they have to play in their own end.

One mans fantasy is another mans nightmare.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.