HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JM: Budaj to start 22 games

Old
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Budaj will only play back to back games. That's all I want him for.
This.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Plans are fluid, in practice they are useless in October. The relative play of the goaltenders, matchups, where the team is in the standings, etc. will dictate how many starts each get.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs D wasn't good as well (they were decent in the first quater of the season when Quincey and Hannan played, later on they weren't good because of Quincey's injury and Hannan getting traded), but I can assure you as someone that saw all the games he played for Colorado that Anderson didn't play with the same level of commitment as he did the season before. He sulked from the get go and it was obvious he didn't care about the team.
So why the hell are you calling me fooling, when all I said was that Budaj bad number's last year wasn't just based on his play but the team as a whole?!?!?!?

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
So why the hell are you calling me fooling, when all I said was that Budaj bad number's last year wasn't just based on his play but the team as a whole?!?!?!?
You've said that Anderson was bad just because of their defense, which isn't true. Budaj's stats got hit during that stretch when they lost 20 out of 21 games, his bad stats have nothing to do with Anderson (in terms of compairing their stats), infact he was better of the two when they were on the team last year, due to lack of effort from Andy.

If you saw some Avs games last season you would know that as well.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:03 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
These are the kinds of things that coaches always say before the season starts. Then when you're in the thick of a playoff hunt, suddenly resting your star goalie seems like a less appealing idea. How many times have we heard the same about Kiprusoff, Luongo, Lundqvist, Brodeur, etc...
For the record, JM NEVER said this last year. He only said it after he seen Price play 72 games in the regular season, then seen his play in the playoffs after playing 72 games.

Teams like Vancouver and NYR actually have gone out and gotten better backups so Luongo and Lundqvist could rest more. Last season Luongo only started 60 games. Lundqvist was on a similar pace until Biron was injured for the season and Henrik was forced to start every single game from that point.

Brodeur only made 56 starts and was on record saying his back up should be playing more.

Gone are the days of the 70+ game work horse goalie year in year out. There is a much better supply of goalies now, there is no reason to overplay a goalie and burn him out before the playoffs. Some teams are 3 goalies deep in #1 potential goalies.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:26 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
You've said that Anderson was bad just because of their defense, which isn't true. Budaj's stats got hit during that stretch when they lost 20 out of 21 games, his bad stats have nothing to do with Anderson (in terms of compairing their stats), infact he was better of the two when they were on the team last year, due to lack of effort from Andy.

If you saw some Avs games last season you would know that as well.
Wait, what I'm basically saying that the Avs team in general was struggle all season, injuries etc, and that is why Budaj numbers are not that great was a reflection of the team as a whole not his play. I used an example of Anderson because his numbers improved when he was dealt. Now forget the Anderson part, but you just said "Budaj's stats got hit during that stretch when they lost 20 out of 21 games". Which is basically what it was a reflection of the team as a whole not just solely him.

Old
10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Ok he didn't exactly say that but if you do the math he did.

He talks about Price only starting 60 games. I'm glad that he's actively thinking Price really needs to rest more. I think he sees that Price played well in the playoffs but he didn't step up and steal games like he did during the regular season.

I don't think Price will get as low as 60 but I think his thinking is in the right spot and if it ends up 62-68 games, its better than 72 imo.

He does seem pretty high on Budaj though:
I don't know why he was high on Budaj. I was unimpressed, if not actually troubled.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Wait, what I'm basically saying that the Avs team in general was struggle all season, injuries etc, and that is why Budaj numbers are not that great was a reflection of the team as a whole not his play. I used an example of Anderson because his numbers improved when he was dealt. Now forget the Anderson part, but you just said "Budaj's stats got hit during that stretch when they lost 20 out of 21 games". Which is basically what it was a reflection of the team as a whole not just solely him.
The only part of your post I disagreed with was the Anderson part and your statement that his bad stats were heavily influanced by bad defense infront of him, I agree with you on the Budaj part and I've said that before, so I don't see where's the problem.

For the record I like Budaj and I want him to be a success in Habs jearsy, since I like him as a person (every Avs fan will tell you he's a great guy) and Canadiens are my favourite eastern conf team, since I grew up listening to stories about Richard brothers, Jean Beliveau and Frank Mahovlich.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
The only part of your post I disagreed with was the Anderson part and your statement that his bad stats were heavily influanced by bad defense infront of him, I agree with you on the Budaj part and I've said that before, so I don't see where's the problem.

For the record I like Budaj and I want him to be a success in Habs jearsy, since I like him as a person (every Avs fan will tell you he's a great guy) and Canadiens are my favourite eastern conf team, since I grew up listening to stories about Richard brothers, Jean Beliveau and Frank Mahovlich.
We'll I guess there were other factors (no effort) for Anderson poor numbers, but I was simply trying to say that the Avs D wasn't the greatest last season with all their injuries/rookies in the line=up.