HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voynov Assigned To Manchester - Roster is Now Complete

Old
10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
As other have said, these are moves we're gonna have to get use to. The Kings have drafted very well and now we're overstocked with great defensemen prospects.

So this really shouldn't be surprise to anyone. Voynov didn't make the team because he wasn't good enough, he didn't make it cause there isn't any space for him. I mean come on? the 7th d-man spot? No. That's ridiculous.

If Voynov has an once of intelligence in his brain he'll stay in Manchester. If he bolts for Russia he's as dumb as Moller and Holloway (Which I'm not even sure he can bolt to KHL this year). If that's his plan, I say go enjoy the KHL and their commitment to play safety....Otherwise play your butt off in the AHL aim to win the defense men of the year, aim to win the Calder Cup and next season that spot will open be open for both him and Loktionov.

With Stoll and Mitchell being UFA's next off-season it's very likely that both Voynov and Lokti take those roster spots.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

trade bait for Parise

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChoseTheKings View Post
As other have said, these are moves we're gonna have to get use to. The Kings have drafted very well and now we're overstocked with great defensemen prospects.

So this really shouldn't be surprise to anyone. Voynov didn't make the team because he wasn't good enough, he didn't make it cause there isn't any space for him. I mean come on? the 7th d-man spot? No. That's ridiculous.

If Voynov has an once of intelligence in his brain he'll stay in Manchester. If he bolts for Russia he's as dumb as Moller and Holloway (Which I'm not even sure he can bolt to KHL this year). If that's his plan, I say go enjoy the KHL and their commitment to play safety....Otherwise play your butt off in the AHL aim to win the defense men of the year, aim to win the Calder Cup and next season that spot will open be open for both him and Loktionov.

With Stoll and Mitchell being UFA's next off-season it's very likely that both Voynov and Lokti take those roster spots.
Agree with you on Holloway, not Moller. Holloway threw away a nearly guaranteed 4th line role that now resides with Hunter/Moreau IMO.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

also this isn't suprising, in order to win a spot, he had to outplay A-Mart, which he didnt. Even though it was only pre-season, A-Mart was far superior to VV in the defensive zone.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Who do you want to replace Penner?
Personally I would have waived Drewiske and Parse. Kept Loktionov and Voynov. When Muzzin & Penner come back, L & V go back to Manchester but in the mean time got a taste for their good play in camp, and Muzzin is the #7.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:49 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

A very tough decision I'm sure.

Bottomline is, 44DD is a better player than a lot of us give him credit for. Not saying he's better than VV or that he deserved the last spot. Just that he's a big dman with solid potential.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

"I have changed the roster. Pray I do not change it any further."

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
outofrange

The thing that sucks most about this is the fact that we are clearly keeping two less talented guys over two guys that have looked good. Lokti & Voinov>Parse & DD

Parse hopefully gets sent packing as soon as Penner is good to go.

It just doesn't send a good message to the kids, though. Outplay your competition and pay your dues, but we'll still keep the older, less skilled players up here despite it.

Lokti and Voinov deserved to at least start the season up with the Kings and get a few games in like that, even hanging out with the team would be a good pro experience for them. I just hope that they don't bolt since that will be a huge blow to this organization. Even though I can definitely see one of them (most likely Voinov) taking his chances in Europe.

Tough.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
A very tough decision I'm sure.

Bottomline is, 44DD is a better player than a lot of us give him credit for. Not saying he's better than VV or that he deserved the last spot. Just that he's a big dman with solid potential.
Agreed. If this was 2006-2007, I'd be for him getting more icetime. He's just not one of the top 7 d-men in our organization as it currently sits, and Voynov doesn't need anymore seasoning.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:16 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
The thing that sucks most about this is the fact that we are clearly keeping two less talented guys over two guys that have looked good. Lokti & Voinov>Parse & DD
Parse and Drewiske can easily be healthy scratches, as they are what they are in terms of development(so they don't need to play), they're cheap(better for the cap), and they won't complain about sitting(or else they won't be around very long). Voynov and Loktionov need playing time, and lots of it, which isn't going to happen with the Kings right now.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

I think this is a move that was only made because we are starting our season in Europe. If they waived DD we would be screwed if one of our D went down. Im sure VV is still going to travel with the team for the rest of this trip and then hopefully a move is made next week.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
bobafettish*

why am i not surprised...

Please don't trade him.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Agreed. If this was 2006-2007, I'd be for him getting more icetime. He's just not one of the top 7 d-men in our organization as it currently sits, and Voynov doesn't need anymore seasoning.
I don't agree with that mentality at all, players of his age and upside can always learn more. I doubt Voynov is as good as he's ever gonna be playing in the minors, he can get better still. Besides, he looked quite rough out there in my opinion. Not that Drewiske looked any better mind you, but having a prime prospect just sitting there watching games doesn't feel right to me. He should be playing and if he can outplay one of our regulars he deserves to be here. In my opinion, he didn't do that so he should go back to Manchester and try to improve himself.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:30 PM
santiclaws

The writing has been on the wall for a while. He would fit into AMart's slot, but AMart is the better player at the moment. It also makes little sense to have a talented prospect sitting in the pressbox for 70 games. He's likely the first call-up if there's an injury. That said, he's going to ask for a trade and if the Kings can find a suitable return, he'll get his wish and likely get a regular job in the NHL this season which he can't get with the Kings.

The team is full up with puck-moving defensemen both in the NHL and in the minors. If they can good a talented scoring wing in return, which is an area of weakness for the team, it's a win-win.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
"I have changed the roster. Pray I do not change it any further."
LOL!

Never underestimate the power of the Parse side of the force.

Last edited by Flour Child: 10-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Drewiske is going to be lucky if he gets in 10 games with the way Martinez has played, so everyone would prefer Voynov plays those 10?

No way. Not how Lombardi works and I agree.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Drewiske is going to be lucky if he gets in 10 games with the way Martinez has played, so everyone would prefer Voynov plays those 10?

No way. Not how Lombardi works and I agree.
Agreed. VV is not a 7th defenseman. He's entitled to nothing and with Mitchell off the books he could have a spot next season if he earns it. If he wants to go to Russia rather than earn an NHL roster spot then I'm sure Dean would be happy to send him a limo to take him to LAX.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Johnny Utah

It's not the end of the world for him. Last year when people thought of call up's it was Muzzin, Martinez, and Hickey in that order...Now, it's Voynov first. He should feel confident about that.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Voynov is still only 21, he has a long future in the NHL ahead of him, but right now just doesn't appear to be the right time given the current state of the Kings' blueline. I still think he has a lot of room for improvement in his defensive play and reacting to what is happening on the ice (got caught a few times in the Frozen Fury game), but I think he can really polish up his game by getting lots of minutes in Manchester. Should anyone get hurt on the blueline, Voynov will be the first player called up.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the lovefest with Parse is? The guy is garbage.
He will show you dressed in Red-White soon

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:18 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Couple of things:

1. I don't know where some of you guys are coming up with giving only 10 games to VV. Where did that number come from? As I have mentioned before, VV can split time with Greene and AM:

Green-70 games
AM-50 games
VV-40+ games

2. I don't buy into the notion that VV will eventually uproot Mitchell. Think about it. We're gonna be contending for a cup again next year (most likely) and you want to replace a first pairing dman with an unproven rookie? Sorry, can't see that happening.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
LOL!

Never underestimate the power of the Parse side of the force.
There are 15 goals in Parse. I can feel them.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Couple of things:

1. I don't know where some of you guys are coming up with giving only 10 games to VV. Where did that number come from? As I have mentioned before, VV can split time with Greene and AM:

Green-70 games
AM-50 games
VV-40+ games
You're not just going to split time between players for the heck of it. Greene is in as long as he's healthy. If Martinez plays well enough to be a top 6 defenseman for 50 games, why sit him for the other 30? We're not talking goaltenders here. If Martinez shows to be incapable of playing every night, then that's one thing. Platoon situations are for when neither guy is good enough to always be in the lineup.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
markisonfire

Voynov has skill. There is no question about that. But whose spot should he take? He was exposed in yesterday's game and his defensive play leaves much to be desired. Sure, he could be with the Kings instead of Drewiske, but to do what? Sit in the press box? It would either be Martinez or Voynov on that third pairing, and to be honest, Martinez is better. Voynov found himself in a lot of trouble by trying to be too cute in the defensive zone and was far too hesitant to shoot in the offensive zone.

Voynov is only 21! I understand that he has been in the system for quite a while, but that doesn't mean he should get a free spot on the roster. He earned a very long look in training camp and it came down to Voynov or Martinez. In all honesty, the better defenseman (as of now, the future is a different story) took the job.

The Kings should trade Voynov, in my opinion. I still don't believe that Penner is the top line left winger that the Kings need. That is really the only hole that I can see on this roster.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:32 PM
bobafettish*

If VV wasn't threatening to bolt to Russia or was asking to be traded, no one would mind him being sent down.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote