HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010/2011 Prospects Thread

View Poll Results: Who will get the next forward call-up?
Jaffray 6 20.00%
Lundmark 17 56.67%
Stuart 0 0%
Other, post who. 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

vCash: 500
Erixon was pretty bad this game.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:35 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Reinhart and Leach on TV right now as Ice play the Blades in WHL PO's. Max Reinhart having a good play off, and just scored a nice goal to put Ice up 1-0.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Reinhart and Leach on TV right now as Ice play the Blades in WHL PO's. Max Reinhart having a good play off, and just scored a nice goal to put Ice up 1-0.
I was both of these games, and just want to offer my 2 cents.

Joey Leach had himself two very good games. Nothing awe-inspiring offensively, but every time (except one) the puck came near him he got control of it, looked very calm, and made a smart decision with it. Again, nothing awe-inspiring but he definitely settled the game down whenever he had the puck.

Max Reinhart looked like kind of a steal. I am not in any way trying to say he is as good of a prospect as Brayden Schenn, but it looks like Kelowna has him matched up with Schenn and in Game 1 he flat-out outplayed him. The game tonight he was doing a good job controlling him, and had a good night offensively. There was one shift in the third period where he just took over, and basically controlled the puck all the way around the offensive zone for about 30 seconds before passing to an open man in the slot for a scoring chance. The winning goal in OT was a 2 on 1, and Reinhart (I think) broke up the play to set up the 2 on 1 pass, and was the second man in the 2 on 1. Overall, I'm VERY impressed by Reinhart.

Congo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:21 AM
FLAMESFAN

Pretty impressive that they have taken both the first two games against the Blades. Both of these guys should have pretty good years next year. Do you think Max will get Team Canada looks for WJC? If you were at game 1, how did Max's little brother look? I hear he will be pretty good.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Pretty impressive that they have taken both the first two games against the Blades. Both of these guys should have pretty good years next year. Do you think Max will get Team Canada looks for WJC? If you were at game 1, how did Max's little brother look? I hear he will be pretty good.
For the entire 1st period I had them mixed up, and thought that Max was wearing 12 and his brother was wearing 23. I was kind of dissapointed, but not overly so and then I realized that I had it backwards. So...I guess by that standard his brother looked pretty good. He was getting chances off of the rush, but didn't quite know where to set up afterwards, and generally seemed kind of hesitant.

I think Max will get a Team Canada try-out, for sure. But can he outplay a Couturier and take his spot? I doubt it. He could sneak in as the 4th Centre, or maybe get moved over to wing, but I wouldn't bank on him making the team. Then again, I was the guy who said that Howse was a lock to make Team Canada, so I've been disastrously wrong before.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo View Post
I was both of these games, and just want to offer my 2 cents.

Joey Leach had himself two very good games. Nothing awe-inspiring offensively, but every time (except one) the puck came near him he got control of it, looked very calm, and made a smart decision with it. Again, nothing awe-inspiring but he definitely settled the game down whenever he had the puck.

Max Reinhart looked like kind of a steal. I am not in any way trying to say he is as good of a prospect as Brayden Schenn, but it looks like Kelowna has him matched up with Schenn and in Game 1 he flat-out outplayed him. The game tonight he was doing a good job controlling him, and had a good night offensively. There was one shift in the third period where he just took over, and basically controlled the puck all the way around the offensive zone for about 30 seconds before passing to an open man in the slot for a scoring chance. The winning goal in OT was a 2 on 1, and Reinhart (I think) broke up the play to set up the 2 on 1 pass, and was the second man in the 2 on 1. Overall, I'm VERY impressed by Reinhart.
I am very confused by this post, Reinhart plays for Kootney not Kelowna and he is not playing Shenn in playoffs right now as he plays for Spokane, who is matched up against Tri-City.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:49 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I am very confused by this post, Reinhart plays for Kootney not Kelowna and he is not playing Shenn in playoffs right now as he plays for Spokane, who is matched up against Tri-City.
Brayden Schenn does play for Saskatoon, just watched him again lastnight. (Which by the way Kootenay won again, now up 3-0, game 4 tonight). He was traded from Brandon early in the year. But you are right that Reinhart plays for Kootenay, that was a slip by the poster.

Old
04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Congo

I wrote "Kelowna" when I wanted to write "Kootenay." I just got them mixed up. Mea culpa.

Old
04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
FLAMESFAN

Ice now up 2-0 in the WHL semi final against Medicine Hat. So far Max Reinhart has 8g & 8 a in 12 games. Ice have won 9 games in a row.

Old
04-27-2011, 04:48 AM
SurMartin

Tim Erixon is on Swedens preliminary roster for the WC. http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVault/I...ltHandler.aspx
He might get cut when/if more NHL defencemen arrive though, but it shows how great he played at the end of the season. (Don't know if it has been mentioned but he scored the GWG that took his club to their first SEL-finals in 33 years..)

He ended up with 5 goals and 19 assists in the regular season, 3 goals and 5 assists in the playoffs.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Max Reinhart with 5 goals in tonight's game so far. A hat trick in the first period, and two SHG's. The Flames look to have a gem on their hands with this kid. He's destroying in the post-season.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:52 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Max Reinhart with 5 goals in tonight's game so far. A hat trick in the first period, and two SHG's. The Flames look to have a gem on their hands with this kid. He's destroying in the post-season.
No doubt this is awesome! the few games i have seen him play he is unreal!

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Good for him, cause he will probably be compared to Kirill Kabanov by most of the Sutter haters as further evidence, that Sutter was horrible.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Padlock

4 assists tonight for Reinhart in a must win game. Man this kid is clutch, and puts up crazy point streaks. Ice win 5-4 to stay alive at the mem cup

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Padlock

Tomorrow is the last day to sign Erixon or we lose his rights. I'm sure he'll get signed but I don't get why it's taking so long

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Flames development camp starts up next week. Heres a list of the rosters.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Backlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Flames development camp starts up next week. Heres a list of the rosters.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home
No goalie for group A?

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

Have always been interested in Bill Arnold for some reason.

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
Have always been interested in Bill Arnold for some reason.
Drafted by size.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
edd1e

Markus Granlund is doing well in Sm-Liiga. Three assist in the last two games playing in the same line with his brother.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
Markus Granlund is doing well in Sm-Liiga. Three assist in the last two games playing in the same line with his brother.
To be honest he hasn't been as good as his stats might tell.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
edd1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
To be honest he hasn't been as good as his stats might tell.
Could you give me more info about that? I havent been able to follow Markus that much.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
Could you give me more info about that? I havent been able to follow Markus that much.
I believe he's not physically ready to play in SM-Liiga yet. Has the skills and vision, just not the strength.

Also a blind moose could get some points while playing with older Granlund at the moment...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:30 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
I believe he's not physically ready to play in SM-Liiga yet. Has the skills and vision, just not the strength.

Also a blind moose could get some points while playing with older Granlund at the moment...
It will be hard for us flames fans to find an unbiased report on Markus as he will always be indirectly compared to his brother in some fashion, and even more so now as he is playing alongside Mikael with HIFK this season.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
It will be hard for us flames fans to find an unbiased report on Markus as he will always be indirectly compared to his brother in some fashion, and even more so now as he is playing alongside Mikael with HIFK this season.
Agreed, it's a tough situation for Markus, as you said.

But, if he continues to play as well as he did in the last game, he'll surely get more attention, and not just for being Mikael's brother. You'll also see him in the WJC, where he might even play in the first line with Mikael and Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote