HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Higgins D2D (hand), Booth 1 week away from practicing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
  #51
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
What's the latest on Edler guys. I know your not doctors but could really use some up to date info here...
Played last night... looked fine. Put in the most minutes of any Canucks skater.

TOI:
16:16(ES) 03:35(PP) 03:01(SH) 22:52(TOT)

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
  #52
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
BotchonCanucks Jason Botchford
Rough news for 4th line hopeful Byron Bitz. He needed his fourth surgical procedure in a year (hip). Out of the picture for the near future
2 minutes ago
Botchford article on this. Sounds like a career-ender.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/09...nucks-picture/

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
  #53
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Botchford article on this. Sounds like a career-ender.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/09...nucks-picture/
Just a thought, but would the Canucks have any recourse to void his contract if he claimed to be healthy when he signed the deal? I'm guessing its buyer beware but figured I'd ask the CBA specialist.

Canucker is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
  #54
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Just a thought, but would the Canucks have any recourse to void his contract if he claimed to be healthy when he signed the deal? I'm guessing its buyer beware but figured I'd ask the CBA specialist.
Pretty unlikely.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 07:12 PM
  #55
BoHorvatFan
Registered User
 
BoHorvatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Wow what a useless signing Bitz turned out to be. A fine example of money puck right there. At least we still have the streaky soft second liner with two bad knees.

BoHorvatFan is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:19 PM
  #56
PRNuck
Registered User
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Wow what a useless signing Bitz turned out to be. A fine example of money puck right there. At least we still have the streaky soft second liner with two bad knees.
Cry moar.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
  #57
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,156
vCash: 50
Just in case any of you forgot, Raymond is still fighting for his career and poor victim Nathan "a text isn't good enough for the trauma I've been through" Horton had an assist and 3 hits in 15+ mins of ice time tonight.

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Old
10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
  #58
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Just in case any of you forgot, Raymond is still fighting for his career and poor victim Nathan "a text isn't good enough for the trauma I've been through" Horton had an assist and 3 hits in 15+ mins of ice time tonight.
Pretty good for a guy who was diagnosed (by his GM) as having a SEVERE concussion..

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
  #59
windflare
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Kesler cleared for contact. Will be practising/traveling with team. I'll say playing in 2 weeks, w/o setbacks
BotchonCanucks

windflare is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
  #60
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
BotchonCanucks

Interesting. Hope Hodgson can make his mark by then, he wont get that long of an audition as the #2C. That's not to say he will get sent down, but NOW is his best shot.

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
  #61
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
BotchonCanucks
Hell yes!

vanwest is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
  #62
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs
 
chopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Interesting. Hope Hodgson can make his mark by then, he wont get that long of an audition as the #2C. That's not to say he will get sent down, but NOW is his best shot.
I think Hodgson has played his last game in the AHL. I think he'll get every opportunity in the world to prove himself alongside Kesler.

chopkins is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
  #63
Bobby Lou
We Surrender
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,367
vCash: 500
Apparently Kes is still starting the year on the LTIR, so 10 games / 24 days.

EDIT: Err...actually not sure how to read this one...http://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/121672974121172992

Bobby Lou is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
  #64
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Apparently Kes is still starting the year on the LTIR, so 10 games / 24 days.

EDIT: Err...actually not sure how to read this one...http://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/121672974121172992
Pretty sure he's saying no to that question, meaning Kesler is cleared for contact and won't be out 10 games/24 days.

Botch said he thinks Kesler will be back within 2 weeks.

Quote:
I think Hodgson has played his last game in the AHL. I think he'll get every opportunity in the world to prove himself alongside Kesler.
I agree with this. I think Sturm moves down a line before Hodgson does.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
  #65
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
I think Hodgson has played his last game in the AHL. I think he'll get every opportunity in the world to prove himself alongside Kesler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Pretty sure he's saying no to that question, meaning Kesler is cleared for contact and won't be out 10 games/24 days.

Botch said he thinks Kesler will be back within 2 weeks.



I agree with this. I think Sturm moves down a line before Hodgson does.

I'm a fan of the optimism, and I hope you're right. At the same time Hodgson still has a lot he COULD learn at the AHL level, it's not like it would be detrimental for him to spend some short stretches down there. Ofcourse, it's all up to him and his play. If he can produce at a 45 point pace next to Kesler this season I don't see him getting sent down at all. If he's getting cold near the deadline however and we need cap room to bring in someone else, expect Hodgson to spend some time in the minors.

I think he's ready, I just hope he runs with it.

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
  #66
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Pretty good for a guy who was diagnosed (by his GM) as having a SEVERE concussion..
You can have a severe concussion and not suffer long term PCS and you can have a mild concussion or even just a whiplash and suffer severe PCS. It is very individual.

Concussion specialist Dr. Karen Johnston contends there is no such thing as mild concussion as all concussions being brain injuries are serious and it does not require a blow to the head. As she has said:
Contrary to popular belief, concussion is not always the result of a blow to the head. A hard tackle, a body check, a bad fall on the slopes, are enough to concuss someone. You don't actually have to hit your head -- you just have to be shaken up.

To understand this, imagine shaking a bowl of Jell-O so hard that it wobbles and slaps against the sides of the bowl. Now imagine the Jell-O is the brain, and the bowl -- with rough, ridged edges -- is the skull. Can you imagine how a delicate and complex organ like the brain can be injured, even without a direct blow to the head?

Here's another common myth: "You have to be knocked out to have a concussion." Not true! I've treated many people who have been concussed without losing consciousness. They tell me they just felt stunned or dazed after their injury. Athletes in contact sports talk about a "bell-ringer," to describe the sensation after a heavy hit. That's concussion.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 06:30 PM
  #67
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
You can have a severe concussion and not suffer long term PCS and you can have a mild concussion or even just a whiplash and suffer severe PCS. It is very individual.

Concussion specialist Dr. Karen Johnston contends there is no such thing as mild concussion as all concussions being brain injuries are serious and it does not require a blow to the head. As she has said:
Contrary to popular belief, concussion is not always the result of a blow to the head. A hard tackle, a body check, a bad fall on the slopes, are enough to concuss someone. You don't actually have to hit your head -- you just have to be shaken up.

To understand this, imagine shaking a bowl of Jell-O so hard that it wobbles and slaps against the sides of the bowl. Now imagine the Jell-O is the brain, and the bowl -- with rough, ridged edges -- is the skull. Can you imagine how a delicate and complex organ like the brain can be injured, even without a direct blow to the head?

Here's another common myth: "You have to be knocked out to have a concussion." Not true! I've treated many people who have been concussed without losing consciousness. They tell me they just felt stunned or dazed after their injury. Athletes in contact sports talk about a "bell-ringer," to describe the sensation after a heavy hit. That's concussion.
Bro, I'm quite familiar with neurological damage and the effects of TBI, you don't need to tell me that the frontal and temporal lobe are most susceptible or that the countercoup can be just as severe as the initial impact. You obviously missed the point of the entire comment.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
  #68
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Bro, I'm quite familiar with neurological damage and the effects of TBI, you don't need to tell me that the frontal and temporal lobe are most susceptible or that the countercoup can be just as severe as the initial impact. You obviously missed the point of the entire comment.
Nope, I did not miss the point. You made a point that made no sense.

And I am not your "Bro"".

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
  #69
xtr3m
Registered User
 
xtr3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Apparently Kes is still starting the year on the LTIR, so 10 games / 24 days.

EDIT: Err...actually not sure how to read this one...http://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/121672974121172992
They're leaving both Kesler and Raymond on the roster to maximize possible LTIR relief.

Quote:
@JamiesonCanucks
#Canucks, just spoke with asst GM Gilman re roster. Put injured Raymond, Kesler on roster, got to within 18k of ceiling if need LTIR relief

xtr3m is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:18 PM
  #70
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Nope, I did not miss the point. You made a point that made no sense.

And I am not your "Bro"".
Maybe is just a generational thing. I was alluding the fact that everyone from the Boston Camp (mainly their GM) kept using 'severe' as a buzzword in the media when nothing had be diagnosis.

Would you prefer I call you "gramps"?

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:21 PM
  #71
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Maybe is just a generational thing. I was alluding the fact that everyone from the Boston Camp (mainly their GM) kept using 'severe' as a buzzword in the media when nothing had be diagnosis.

Would you prefer I call you "gramps"?
Since all concussions are severe what is the issue?

Sir would be fine.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
  #72
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Since all concussions are severe what is the issue?

Sir would be fine.
Since all concussions are severe, why bother calling it severe?











unless you have an alterior motive to create an aura of public pressure... which if say... we were talking about a sporting event, could get someone suspended... BOOM! Hear that? that's the sound of someone finally 'getting it'.... sir

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 11:36 PM
  #73
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Video interview with Ryan Kesler after today's practise.
http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...=984&id=126270

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
10-08-2011, 03:29 PM
  #74
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Bitz has a stall in the dressing room. Skating on his own . As per Jeff Patterson.

Crows* is offline  
Old
10-08-2011, 07:15 PM
  #75
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39938 spot the error

YogiCanucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.