Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

NHL TV rights?

Old
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 500
NHL TV rights?

Cant find NHL listed as a sport they will show at either Viasat or ESPN America, the 2 stations who had NHL last season. Cant find any info on Canal+ either. So who will show NHL on the telly this season? It starts tomorrow so I was looking forward to see the some games this weekend but I guess I will have to do with a pirate stream?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Hybbe

A friend told me that Viasat wouldn't be airing any nhl games at all this year. Haven't read anything else about it though, so you should take it with a grain of salt.

If I were you I would pick up gamecenter live. It's awesome to be able to see what, close to a 1000 classic games in hd? As well as every other game live just like espn360 only more reliable and with the option to view up to four games at once. All that for only ~120sek/month.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybbe View Post
A friend told me that Viasat wouldn't be airing any nhl games at all this year. Haven't read anything else about it though, so you should take it with a grain of salt.

If I were you I would pick up gamecenter live. It's awesome to be able to see what, close to a 1000 classic games in hd? As well as every other game live just like espn360 only more reliable and with the option to view up to four games at once. All that for only ~120sek/month.
Yeah, except they cancelled that option and it seems there'll be no online service, just Viasat's regular TV broadcasts.
And there's NO way I'm paying that much money for a service where I can't even watch all of my team's games.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Hybbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, except they cancelled that option and it seems there'll be no online service, just Viasat's regular TV broadcasts.
And there's NO way I'm paying that much money for a service where I can't even watch all of my team's games.
Seriously? Why the hell would they do that?

Old
10-07-2011, 02:00 AM
St Erik

This morning I took my morning coffee and sat down in front of the TV to watch the NHL premier games of the season on ESPN America. But they don't show NHL games anymore. Disappointed! I guess I have to get an expensive cable channel.

St Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:35 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Well Kanal 6 showed Ducks - Rangers so I have to assume that Viasat own the rights this year aswell. Unfortunately they never show alot of games anyway. Getting good NHL coverage in Sweden is hard.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:40 AM
His Beardliness
#SireBabcock

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Well Kanal 6 showed Ducks - Rangers so I have to assume that Viasat own the rights this year aswell. Unfortunately they never show alot of games anyway. Getting good NHL coverage in Sweden is hard.
They only bought those 2 games. As far as I know nothing has been resolved.

His Beardliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Get GameCenter. $159 for the season, which equals 44 öre per game. That's nutty cheap.

Last edited by Systemfel: 10-09-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Hybbe

GCL has been working flawlessly for me so far. No blackouts, not even during viasats games.

Old
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Teus

The GCL sign-up is still not working though as far as I can see. You get sent to the NHL Vault sign-up instead.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 03:18 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Get GameCenter. $159 for the season, which equals 44 öre per game. That's nutty cheap.
Considering I would only be able to watch about 4 games a month, it just isn't worth it.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Considering I would only be able to watch about 4 games a month, it just isn't worth it.
Even with the on-demand? If so, probably not. Then again, an expensive cable deal is not worth it solely for the 5(?) games televised per week, either.

For me personally, being able to watch plenty, I agree with Systemfel. It's crazy cheap considering we don't have to worry about blackouts and the fact it comes with TV quality. Compare it to what C+ wants you to pay to watch Elitserien online and it's a joke really. No worries about "will I be able to watch my team play?" anymore and a superior NHL product to anything we will have on TV until they launch a Center Ice type of deal in Europe. Too bad they've robbed most Swedes the option to sign up.

I'd probably pay thrice as much price if I had to.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

But it's too late to register for GCL, right?

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Hybbe

"Hello ,

Since you were able to previously sign up, then you will still have access to the NHL GameCenter Live. This is because you had signed up for the service before the limitations were placed on certain countries, so your account has fortunately been grandfathered in. Enjoy the 2011-2012 season!"

I guess this means that new subscribers won't be able to sign up for GCL this season, or indeed in any of the upcoming 5 seasons.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
luffis

i used to use espnplayer, and now i wanted to move to GCL since they opened it up for us, but everytime i try to start the subscription it takes me to NHL VAULT subscription for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

luffis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Teus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffis View Post
i used to use espnplayer, and now i wanted to move to GCL since they opened it up for us, but everytime i try to start the subscription it takes me to NHL VAULT subscription for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah it's the same for all of us who didn't sign up for GCL before they blocked it for Sweden.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 01:09 AM
JetLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Yeah it's the same for all of us who didn't sign up for GCL before they blocked it for Sweden.
Shouldnt it be possible to bypass it via some VPN/Proxy?

JetLi is offline   Reply With Quote