Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
The lines look good...

KNUBLE-THORNTON-MURRAY(deadly down low)
SAMSONOV-ZINOJEV-LAPOINTE(very quick with LAPOINTE providing grit)
AXELSSON-ROLSTON-BEGERON(R the shooter, B the playmaker and A-D)
GROSEK-GREEN-MCCARTHY(not a bad fourth line)
Depth-DONATO, STOCK and the return of ZAMUNER will probably force GROSEK into that role too).

I am very happy with what RAYCROFT is bringing to the table and POTVIN is a good rolemodel/backup.

I'm thinking we enough depth and youth up front to deal a guy like HILBERT for more depth on D, where I beleive we still need improvement, more mobility.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Pielsman

I'm thinking we enough depth and youth up front to deal a guy like HILBERT for more depth on D, where I beleive we still need improvement, more mobility. From Taz #24
---------------------------------------------------------------

I like your thinking, Taz. Its only been one game with the "new" forward lines, but it should only get better from here when the second line gets used to each other.

I totally agree with those of you who suggest that the B's could REALLY help thier cause by dealing a Hilbert type (Huml, Morrison, etc) and/ or a pick for a quality (ie- top 3) MOBILE defenseman.

I think time is on the Bruins side, and there is no rush to make a move like this.

Teams that are out of the playoff picture by Jan or Feb will likely be dealing quality players for picks and prospects as it looks now.

Just my 2 cents. -Piels

Old
10-26-2003, 06:37 AM
neelynugs

what's your feeling on vitali vishnevski? he's been scratched a few times recently, and i think keith carney should be back pretty soon as well. i haven't seen that much of the kid, but he's a vicious hitter and seems to be a pretty good skater for a physical guy. anyone?

Old
10-26-2003, 07:09 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
what's your feeling on vitali vishnevski? he's been scratched a few times recently, and i think keith carney should be back pretty soon as well. i haven't seen that much of the kid, but he's a vicious hitter and seems to be a pretty good skater for a physical guy. anyone?
He would be a nice fit.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Michael Karlstrom II

vCash:
If Vishnivski ever learns proper positioning and is willing to tone down his game to give up the big hitting for more of a commitment to sound defensive play I think he might have top 3 ability.

His tools are pretty good.

He is very young still. I don't see Anaheim giving him up cheap. Whoever has him will need to do things like sitting him down from time to time.

Big hitters tend to get good crowd pops. I am sure Vishnivski is hesitant to give up his style as he feels if the crowd loves him than it's just the coach making dumb judgement whenever he is told he isn't playing well enough to help the team.

Think of the Darius Kasperitis situation when you think of Vishnivski. There is no reason on a pure talent level why these guys can't be very good d-men... and when you watch them play you will see stretches of 4-7-12 games at a time where they seem to really be something special.

It is really when you take a look over the long haul at how goals get scored when they are on the ice that it adds up to a consistient showing of them being caught out of position too often to throw the big hit that one sees they cost the team more than they deliver with this style of play.

All that said... if Anaheim was willing to dump Vishnivski or if Rangers were going to eat half of Kasperitis contract, I would be the first in line trying to land one of these players. I do think coaching can keep them useful and I think there is a place on every team for a big hitting machine.

I wouldn't be counting on Vishnivski as anything more than a 5-6 18 min a game guy for at least a couple seasons.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:14 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
He could be a useful addition:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...36&hubName=ANA

Old
10-26-2003, 04:38 PM
nhlbruin

i really wish they'd try having rolston and bergeron swap places...

Closed Thread