HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okay so it wasn't Bob McKenzie

Old
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
But but but.. Enrico Ciccone and his caddy Patrice Brisebois are saying we wont even make the playoffs!!
He's ultra biased. He hates the Habs ever since he had some tug O war with them over a player contract. A hockey agent should never make public predictions. It's a lack of professionalism, although we should expect that from Ciccone, after all he's a good friend of Michel Villeneuve.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
EA sports had us 9th and leafs 8th...pre season predictions PFFTTT
How many fights did the Habs win?

I can't see us finishing first in the conference over the regular season, that's Washington's favourite time to play. They can easily win the division however, and they can easily finish 8th, but I can't see how anyone could pick them to miss the playoffs, none of the teams out of the playoffs last year improved enough imo.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post

I can't see us finishing first in the conference over the regular season, that's Washington's favourite time to play. They can easily win the division however, and they can easily finish 8th, but I can't see how anyone could pick them to miss the playoffs, none of the teams out of the playoffs last year improved enough imo.
Leafs fans.

I can't wait for their reactions if indeed Bobby Mac choses the Habs to finish 1st. They'll probably ignore each of his arguments.

Old
10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post

agreed, unlike west which i think has a bigger bubble in terms of 6th-12, East has more of a drop off i feel like, should be similar teams to last year imo

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
SB164

TSN's NHL Season Preview just started now.

James Duthie also interviews Brian Gionta, Taylor Hall and Jason Spezza together. Will be shown later.

Edit: They're starting with the Habs. Check it out.

They predict the Habs will be 8th in the East, and also have the capabilities of surprising in the playoffs. Marc Crawford calls Carey Price the best goalie in the league.

Last edited by SB164: 10-05-2011 at 07:47 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

Habs first in the east? They just said 8th, like every one else.

Mise en echec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
the watcher

habs penciled in at 8th by TSN

the watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
habsrule22

I don t know what ferraro problem is with the habs, but it s alway negative with him

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:45 PM
TheBuriedHab

Sounded like he likes us in the playoffs more than the reg season.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Aeneas

i feel like its a pretty accurate description of the tabs, kinda what we all assumed, a lot depends on health, and we could sure use markov, but price is the key to our success, i like bobby mac giving us credit as a powerful playoff team though

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Andros777

For the record, Bob Mackenzie is actually an intelligent man.

When he says something I personally take it seriously.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Funny how they started out by mentioning a playmaker's lack of scoring in his last 50-so playoff games (Gomez), and yet Cammy has scored 16 goals in his last 29 playoff games...

Glass half-empty... not one of them even aknowledges Markov's impact when he'll come back and the strenght of Montreal's 'first pairing' when he does come back. Like any simplistic baffoons, it's all about the goaltending, again. No mention of the deep talent they have on offense compared to last year, just that they have 1-2 bigger bodies with Pac and Cole.

Their analysis was lacking and incomplete. Should I expect more from the Toronto Sports Network?

As I write this, Crawford just said he had the Leafs IN the playoffs, and he actually talked about the Laffs having 3 scoring lines...

Old
10-05-2011, 07:52 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

I just hope Mr. Mckenzie is right

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Gary320

Eh, I put little into anyones thoughts.

Unless every year a person correctly predicts who will win the conference (anyone ever done that?) then I would care less about their prediction. It's good to know I guess.

But I mean, there is so much obstacles into a season that predictions are useless. We know this as Montreal fans, it takes ONE INJURY to mess everything up.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Krnage

With Betts .....We gonna win the Stanley cup !

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
I don t know what ferraro problem is with the habs, but it s alway negative with him
I think Ferraro grew up as a Boston fan if I recall.

BLASPHEMOUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Except Markov is nowhere near to returning...
Nowhere near returning? As far as I've read, all the the credible sources (PG, MacKenzie, JM) have said that he is on track to a healthy recovery in the expected time frame. Even if he returns in mid october, november (unlikely) or even december (even more unlikely) he'll still be playing a significant amount of the season and will have a huge impact on the team, or at least certainly a bigger one than the previous two seasons. The only recent setback we've heard about is the SWELLING in his knee and you are freaking out. Swelling is a common side effect to these injuries. Heck, swelling is something that some players battle on a weekly basis. And please don't bother asking for my credentials because this is common knowledge amongst common people, let alone people who are educated in this matter.

I'm honestly starting to think that you are beginning to hope he doesn't come back so you can say "I told you so". Its the only way I can make any sense of your expert opinions on Markovs "botched" recovery, and all the inept efforts you've put towards "proving" that he's physically useless at this point, while offering no credible sources. Speculating is one thing, and in moderation isn't a bad thing at all, but speculating with "absolute certainty", like you've been doing, is the definition of making **** up.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:06 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I think Ferraro grew up as a Boston fan if I recall.
there s something there for sure.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
habsjunkie2*

You can /thread. You won't be able to rub it in to leafs fans. This was a premature thread and no bob mac doesn't have us first. He said we're on the bubble. I don't agree with him, but making a thread like screams of desperation. It's embarassing quite frankly. Why the hell would it matter?

Bob says were 1st, no need to play the season then, pencil us in, I think will be in the top half of the conference based on my own observations.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
neofury*

Funny part is they're wrong nearly every time. It's almost become cliche to say we're 8th. Most of the time we aren't.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
habsrule22

by picking the Habs 8th, that means that they pick the Rangers to finish 7 th or better. There gonna miss their best defenceman for the first month (Stall). Their defense looks terrible without him.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Beakermania*

The 8th prediction is the average of all the panelists predictions. By the end of the show they'll do individual ones and that's where we'll learn who picked them as east champs.

Duthie said one of them was going to do it.

I also get the impression its a playoff prediction, not necessarily regular season.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
The 8th prediction is the average of all the panelists predictions. By the end of the show they'll do individual ones and that's where we'll learn who picked them as east champs.
I have a feeling it's Aaron Ward.

Rooting for his buddy Cole.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Nowhere near returning? As far as I've read, all the the credible sources (PG, MacKenzie, JM) have said that he is on track to a healthy recovery in the expected time frame. Even if he returns in mid october, november (unlikely) or even december (even more unlikely) he'll still be playing a significant amount of the season and will have a huge impact on the team, or at least certainly a bigger one than the previous two seasons. The only recent setback we've heard about is the SWELLING in his knee and you are freaking out. Swelling is a common side effect to these injuries. Heck, swelling is something that some players battle on a weekly basis. And please don't bother asking for my credentials because this is common knowledge amongst common people, let alone people who are educated in this matter.

I'm honestly starting to think that you are beginning to hope he doesn't come back so you can say "I told you so". Its the only way I can make any sense of your expert opinions on Markovs "botched" recovery, and all the inept efforts you've put towards "proving" that he's physically useless at this point, while offering no credible sources. Speculating is one thing, and in moderation isn't a bad thing at all, but speculating with "absolute certainty", like you've been doing, is the definition of making **** up.

Yes..I wan't Markov out all year. Are you insane?

Just add the pieces together. He is still skating on his own, and lightly at that. He isn't going through aggressive drills.

He still has to go through practices with the team, and then full contact practices, and finally getting in game shape.

I am just saying it doesn't look good from my view.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
SB164

Jeez, Ray Ferraro seems like he's absolutely humourless.

Last edited by SB164: 10-05-2011 at 09:00 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote