HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

The Training Camp Thread: Tyrell sent to Norfolk

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Such a shame, I was looking forward to see Tyrell. Many skills you can learn and improve but speed is a rare gift which should be taken care of better..

10-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

There's something interesting going on with the Dallas Stars, regarding Sean Avery.

I mention it here because the Stars found out that if the Rangers demote Avery to the AHL or wherever, Dallas takes the salary that they're paying him off their payroll, which may put them ~$300k below the salary floor.

They can remedy this by adding salary to their NHL roster, as a minor leaguer wouldn't count towards the cap anyway.

That kids, is why Tyrell was the safe one to send down. When the rest of the league found out about this, Tyrell's demotion may have been the obvious solution. It doesn't seem like the Lightning to go the lazy/safe route just because it's there. (I don't know if that was the case, but the reasoning that Tyrell was demoted solely because of his waiver status implies it) Why have Tyrell practice with Thompson and Hall yesterday, if they had already decided he was going to Norfolk? (I'll assume they made a decision at least a few hours before noon yesterday)

If SFY is playing the situation, he may wait until the Stars resolve their thing, recall Tyrell, and then waive one of the other guys, while being in compliance with league rules the whole time and taking no unnecessary risks.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-05-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
HockeyTownUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I'm liking these lines very much (based on those at practice today):

Downie-Stamkos-St Louis
Malone-Vinny-Purcell
Connolly-Moore-Shannon
Hall-Thompson-Bubble
I bet Connolly will be skating on the top line with Stammer and MSL.

Old
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
There's something interesting going on with the Dallas Stars, regarding Sean Avery.

I mention it here because the Stars found out that if the Rangers demote Avery to the AHL or wherever, Dallas takes the salary that they're paying him off their payroll, which may put them ~$300k below the salary floor.

They can remedy this by adding salary to their NHL roster, as a minor leaguer wouldn't count towards the cap anyway.

That kids, is why Tyrell was the safe one to send down. When the rest of the league found out about this, Tyrell's demotion may have been the obvious solution. It doesn't seem like the Lightning to go the lazy/safe route just because it's there. (I don't know if that was the case, but the reasoning that Tyrell was demoted solely because of his waiver status implies it) Why have Tyrell practice with Thompson and Hall yesterday, if they had already decided he was going to Norfolk? (I'll assume they made a decision at least a few hours before noon yesterday)

If SFY is playing the situation, he may wait until the Stars resolve their thing, recall Tyrell, and then waive one of the other guys, while being in compliance with league rules the whole time and taking no unnecessary risks.
SFY, man!

Old
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Boucher confirms Roloson to start the season against Carolina.

Hall-Thompson-Jones 4th line. (maybe the other way around)

http://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib...29641831219200

Nope, nevermind. Tyrell just sucks.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-05-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old
10-05-2011, 02:08 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I doubt any of those guys were really targets over someone in a more traditional system (Blair Betts).

Old
10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-third/1195384
Quote:
THE BUSINESS: Boucher said Dana Tyrell's demotion to AHL Norfolk was "sending a player down who doesn't deserve to be sent down." Tyrell, 22, was the final cut because he was the only bubble player who did not need to clear waivers.

"It's the business," Boucher said. "But we're not going to lose sight of the fact that he was the most in-shape player in camp. But we built our depth at forward, and there's a lot of guys who can play in the NHL who have different contracts, and we have to look at that."

Closed Thread