HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Projected 2011-2012 Islanders Line-up

Old
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

vCash: 500
Projected 2011-2012 Islanders Line-up

I'm just wondering what you guys think your line-up will look like this season? How well do you think that Nielsen will do?

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:44 AM
KrisBeKreame

Forwards:
Tavares-Moulson-Parenteau
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Comeau-Bailey-Rolston
Martin-Reasoner-Pandolfo

Defensemen:
Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Mottau

Goaltenders:
DiPietro
Montoya
Nabokov

Injured Reserve;
Mark Katic (Shoulder-Out for Season)
Jeremy Colloton (Groin-Unknown)
Rhett Rahkshani (Knee - 6-8 Weeks)
Trevor Gillies (Groin-Day to Day)
Nino Niederrieter (Groin-Day to Day)
Milan Jurcina (Groin-Day to Day)

Last edited by KrisBeKreame: 10-04-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Katic has a shoulder injury not a knee injury and forgot Jurcina
KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
scott99

I thought Katic was a shoulder ?

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I thought Katic was a shoulder ?
Your right I was thinking or Rhett when I was Typing, will fix.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
xIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Forwards:
Tavares-Moulson-Parenteau
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Comeau-Bailey-Rolston
Martin-Reasoner-Pandolfo

Defensemen:
Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Mottau

Goaltenders:
DiPietro
Montoya
Nabokov

Injured Reserve;
Mark Katic (Shoulder-Out for Season)
Jeremy Colloton (Groin-Unknown)
Rhett Rahkshani (Knee - 6-8 Weeks)
Trevor Gillies (Groin-Day to Day)
Nino Niederrieter (Groin-Day to Day)
And where is Jurcina? I think he should be in the top 6. And Mottau be the 7th d-man.

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

vCash: 50
What are your guys thoughts on grabner?

SensPromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
And where is Jurcina? I think he should be in the top 6. And Mottau be the 7th d-man.
Sorry forgot to add him to the injured reserve. Groin - Day to Day

Old
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Rolston-Bailey-Comeau
Martin-Reasoner-Gillies

Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina
Mottau

Nabokov
Montoya
DiPietro

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
OpAck

So, Pandolfo signs, Strome signs and probably gets a 9-game look. Kabanov is still here and Frischmon hasn't been called down yet. That's 16 forwards. Looks like Frischmon gets sent down and Kabanov finds a junior team. Or, does Kabanov get a 9 game look also?

Looks like this team eventually gets down to 13 forwards...with that extra forward being Pandolfo.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
StrongIslanders90

Moulson- Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Comeau-Bailey-Rolston
Martin-Reasoner-Pandolfo

Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Mottau

DiPietro
Montoya
Nabokov

From Isles website....these were the line for practice...looks about right...Nino comes back He may bump out pandolfo and PAP back to 3rd line....

Juice comes back he bumps out Mottau

This line-up does not scream the CUP bu its pretty solid IMO

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Rolston-Bailey-Comeau
Martin-Reasoner-Gillies

Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina
Mottau

Nabokov
Montoya
DiPietro
That would be my guess. With Gillies/Pando/Martin all rotating in and out of the 4th line.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
desmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
That would be my guess. With Gillies/Pando/Martin all rotating in and out of the 4th line.
Martin is going to Bridgeport since he is waiver exempt.

desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:18 PM
leaponover

I hate to say it and I am still happy with the direction the team is going but I think it's going to take too many awesome performances from some fringe players for us to make the playoffs. You have to admit there are some huge question marks on some of these players. Feel free to criticize me but this is my list of questionable players that will be the difference between playoffs and another good draft pick:

Nabakov: A year off and another year older... enough said

DiPietro: not even going to explain it

Montoya: Career AHLer with a solid performance in the back third of a season. He could have been running on just adrenaline for being back in the NHL. I am not sold on him being a quality NHL starting goalie

Grabner: Any player playing in their second full season is subject to a question mark but I do feel that he is less of a question mark than the other's i've mentioned

Neiderreiter: First chance to show how he's come along

Bailey: Use the toilet or free it up for someone else. If he doesn't show signs of improvement I think his possible ceiling speculation gets a lot lower. Doesn't mean he's worthless but the Isles may stop hoping for a second to third line center out of him.

Just seems like a lot of question marks, especially all three goaltenders. I hope for the best but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:03 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I hate to say it and I am still happy with the direction the team is going but I think it's going to take too many awesome performances from some fringe players for us to make the playoffs. You have to admit there are some huge question marks on some of these players. Feel free to criticize me but this is my list of questionable players that will be the difference between playoffs and another good draft pick:

Nabakov: A year off and another year older... enough saidhe played in Russia last year, and the year before he had great stats in the NHL. He may have some left.

DiPietro: not even going to explain itHe could have something and he could be a better shape flop with his bad knee. Time will tell; Poulin will remove the speculation in a year.

Montoya: Career AHLer with a solid performance in the back third of a season. He could have been running on just adrenaline for being back in the NHL. I am not sold on him being a quality NHL starting goalieIf a goalie doesn't have it all together by age 21, he should be looking for a new job.....or wait a dozen years and lead the Bruins to the Cup. His game got better last year, BY FAR, so now we see if it stays better. The preseason hints at him being on the cusp of NHL'dom, unless you don't like him for some reason and then it's only a matter of time even if he does great this year and next. He'll fail one day and prove he was a bust.

Grabner: Any player playing in their second full season is subject to a question mark but I do feel that he is less of a question mark than the other's i've mentionedIf he doesn't score 34 goals, he does have great speed and work wonders on the PK. We just got a winning lotto ticket with our surprise pickup.

Neiderreiter: First chance to show how he's come along

Bailey: Use the toilet or free it up for someone else. If he doesn't show signs of improvement I think his possible ceiling speculation gets a lot lower. Doesn't mean he's worthless but the Isles may stop hoping for a second to third line center out of him.

Just seems like a lot of question marks, especially all three goaltenders. I hope for the best but i'm not going to get my hopes up.
I would look at the big one, the three goalies, as a nice find (established top flight NHL goalie (who has always sucked in the playoffs), a very nice find (a young first rounder who looks like he's taking his first real shot as a challenge to prove himself, AND DOING SO) and a menacing case of scorching herpes that won't ever go away (Rick is our starter. Rinse. Repeat.). We have two good options. We have two GREAT options in a year or two in the AHL.

The rest will figure itself out in time. Bailey may bust but Strome makes a nice center to replace Bailey in a year or two.

I wouldn't worry.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
NYVanfan

Hi guys,
Wondering -- how is MacDonald's health? Do you see him working the first PP with Streit? What's a reasonable expectation for pts and GP?
(for fantasy, naturally)
thanks

Good luck to the isles and hopefully my canucks can beat them this year ...at least we'll try and not misspell any of your guys' names in our papers...

check that we don't play this year, oh well.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
MarinerIslanderSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Hi guys,
Wondering -- how is MacDonald's health? Do you see him working the first PP with Streit? What's a reasonable expectation for pts and GP?
(for fantasy, naturally)
thanks

Good luck to the isles and hopefully my canucks can beat them this year ...at least we'll try and not misspell any of your guys' names in our papers...

I'm hoping for a repeat of the torching John Tavares laid on them two years ago...and I'll be back at Rogers Arena cheering 'til I lose my voice again.

MarinerIslanderSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Hi guys,
(for fantasy, naturally)
thanks

he's healthy, i don't think he'll get much PP time though. Streit, Rolston, Okposo, Nielsen will probably see more PP time on the points. MacDonald and Hamonic will see SOME time but not much.

MacDonald isn't really an offensive defenseman, I wouldn't expect any more points than he got last year, in fact, I expect less.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Hipster Doofus

When Nino is healthy

Moulson-Tavares-Nino
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Rolston-Bailey-PAP/Comeau
Pandolfo-Reasoner-Martin

I think they move PAP/Comeau, otherwise thats an overqualified fourth line.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
he's healthy, i don't think he'll get much PP time though. Streit, Rolston, Okposo, Nielsen will probably see more PP time on the points. MacDonald and Hamonic will see SOME time but not much.

MacDonald isn't really an offensive defenseman, I wouldn't expect any more points than he got last year, in fact, I expect less.
MacDonald was offensive d-man at every level below this. He just happens to also be rock solid in his own zone.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Wedregast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
When Nino is healthy

Moulson-Tavares-Nino
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Rolston-Bailey-PAP/Comeau
Pandolfo-Reasoner-Martin

I think they move PAP/Comeau, otherwise thats an overqualified fourth line.
I think when Nino is back in the lineup, and after Nabokov and Montoya have each had a bunch of games under their belt, you'll see a trade.

PAP-or-Comeau + Nabokov-or-Montoya for a 2nd pairing defenseman. Will have to be from a team with a surplus of defense + one that isn't sold on their backup goalie.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:11 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
This of course means Nino doesn't make the team, which I've been preaching since Garth traded for Rolston.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:16 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post

It may take a few years but in his prime AMac will easily be a 25 pt. dman, 30 IMO

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:01 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I would look at the big one, the three goalies, as a nice find (established top flight NHL goalie (who has always sucked in the playoffs), a very nice find (a young first rounder who looks like he's taking his first real shot as a challenge to prove himself, AND DOING SO) and a menacing case of scorching herpes that won't ever go away (Rick is our starter. Rinse. Repeat.). We have two good options. We have two GREAT options in a year or two in the AHL.

The rest will figure itself out in time. Bailey may bust but Strome makes a nice center to replace Bailey in a year or two.

I wouldn't worry.
I wouldn't refer to a goalie who hasn't played in the NHL for 1 1/2 seasons as a top flight goalie. I don't even refer to Jagr as a top flight wing anymore. He could return to form but regardless these are both second go's at the NHL and all cards are off the table. I haven't heard anyone here refer to Nabakov as a top flight goalie. Don't forget he didn't go to Russia for money.... unllike Jagr.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I wouldn't refer to a goalie who hasn't played in the NHL for 1 1/2 seasons as a top flight goalie. I don't even refer to Jagr as a top flight wing anymore. He could return to form but regardless these are both second go's at the NHL and all cards are off the table. I haven't heard anyone here refer to Nabakov as a top flight goalie. Don't forget he didn't go to Russia for money.... unllike Jagr.
Nabokov was top flight two years ago......and the year before that......and the year before that. So odds are his drop was not very significant. Jagr was retired/in Europe for how many years?

The point is that Nabby was quite recently a top netminder and Montoya is young and a former top pick who had great stats and showed progress last year.

DP hit his ceiling and got hurt and will never do it again so long as he doesn't want to change his game play. So look out for the next undisclosed lower body injury.

To nitpick on this matter suggests either you want to wane toe overestimating of an aging netminder who was away last year or the protection of a favorite netminder who most people want to retire already. I hope it's the former.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote