HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Crosby or Ovechkin???

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Lionel Hutz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
Yes...I got it right...Dimitri Kvartalnov....played for Boston in the early/mid 90's......not sure what happened to him, seemed to disapear quickly
OK, never heard of him.

That must have been all of his 15 minutes.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:06 PM
barfy2000

so much for crosbys streak of consecutive games entering the nhl with a point. ends at 6 games.

whether you like him or not, the kid deserve a hand.

as for ovechkin, he got 2 goals tonight, so hes up to 8 games. 6 goals 4 assists. wow.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Crosby now has 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points in 7 games
Ovechkin now has 6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points in 8 games

Old
10-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
Crosby now has 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points in 7 games
Ovechkin now has 6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points in 8 games
I'd say both are pretty much as announced.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:09 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I have to give my two cents. Havent gotten to see Sir Sidney play live yet, so Im a little biased. I did get to see Ovechkin tonight play against my Cats, and I am quite amazed. The kid was all over the ice, threw his body around, and even defended his own zone well. He reminds me of Pavel Bure, with more of an edge and a willingness to play defense. I know he is a little older than Crosby, but its going to take a lot for me to think that there are many prospects better than AO.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
You have the name right? Kharlamov maybe?
No, Dmitri Kvartalnov.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=2862
He is a legend in Russia. He was one of the smartest players I've seen. I don't know why he didn't turn into a star in NHL. I've only heard that he had troubles with coach.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Didn't he settle with Ak-Bars for a while after bouncing around in European leagues for a couple of years?

Old
10-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
No, Dmitri Kvartalnov.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=2862
He is a legend in Russia. He was one of the smartest players I've seen. I don't know why he didn't turn into a star in NHL. I've only heard that he had troubles with coach.
I remember his rookie season and how jealous I was about Boston having 2 great looking young players who appeared to be future stars in Kvartalnov and Juneau.....didnt work out that well however

Old
10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300
I have to give my two cents. Havent gotten to see Sir Sidney play live yet, so Im a little biased. I did get to see Ovechkin tonight play against my Cats, and I am quite amazed. The kid was all over the ice, threw his body around, and even defended his own zone well. He reminds me of Pavel Bure, with more of an edge and a willingness to play defense. I know he is a little older than Crosby, but its going to take a lot for me to think that there are many prospects better than AO.

AO and Sidney both have been as advertised. I would not give either an advantage at this point, but I have said that all along, that both were and would be amazing talents. For how the Pens have sucked thus far Sidney has been one of their only bright spots and is simply amazing for only being 3 months removed from turning 18. He dominates out there and you can only imagine what he will turn into when he hits his prime. AO is also as advertised. I do not see why you can not root for one and the other.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
AO and Sidney both have been as advertised. I would not give either an advantage at this point, but I have said that all along, that both were and would be amazing talents. For how the Pens have sucked thus far Sidney has been one of their only bright spots and is simply amazing for only being 3 months removed from turning 18. He dominates out there and you can only imagine what he will turn into when he hits his prime. AO is also as advertised. I do not see why you can not root for one and the other.
I know what you are saying and I totally agree......as for the bolded text, I dont think both/either need to be rooted for......but if someone cant appreciate what these guys are about and how amazing they are then I dont think they are really a hockey fan......I never rooted for Mario.....but I sure as hell feel lucky that I saw him his whole career and appreciated the skill and excitement he brought to the sport....

Old
10-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I know what you are saying and I totally agree......as for the bolded text, I dont think both/either need to be rooted for......but if someone cant appreciate what these guys are about and how amazing they are then I dont think they are really a hockey fan......I never rooted for Mario.....but I sure as hell feel lucky that I saw him his whole career and appreciated the skill and excitement he brought to the sport....

Actually I do root for AO . . . or anyone who can play like he can (except when his play effects the Pens). Though perhaps that is just symantics, I think that we are saying the same things.

As a ps, I definately always did say that both would be amazing talents . . . however I said that Sidney was worth more to a team, merely because of putting fannies in the seats potential. I think that is even more so today. But pure ability wise? Apples and Oranges for what they bring, but both should be near the top at what they do for many years to come.

Old
10-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Actually I do root for AO . . . or anyone who can play like he can (except when his play effects the Pens). Though perhaps that is just symantics, I think that we are saying the same things.
It is...and indeed we are

Old
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Yes...I got it right...Dimitri Kvartalnov....played for Boston in the early/mid 90's......not sure what happened to him, seemed to disapear quickly
Pretty much dissappeared... and made my 5 rookie cards of his worthless.

Old
10-20-2005, 11:18 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000

as for ovechkin, he got 2 goals tonight, so hes up to 8 games. 6 goals 4 assists. wow.

Thank god. Now Daigle no longer holds the consecutive rookie point scoring streak, now only holds the record for pictures taken wearing nurse dresses. And as someone else pointed out, that he can have.

Old
10-20-2005, 11:49 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Another number 1 pick has given Daigle a run for his money- skirt wearing Kovalchuk.
Since his return, the Thrashers are utterly pathetic.

Old
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
I'd say both are pretty much as announced.
Exactly. Crosby is two years younger than Ovechkin and Ovechkin has been playing against men in Russua. I've seen a few of Crosby's Q games, but no Pens games thus far. Ovechkin may be a little ahead of Crosby right now, but Crosby's scoring 9 points on a losing team is still impressive given his age.

I watched Ovechkin last night at the Panther-Caps game and I must say he is clearly a superb player already. Maybe all the other Caps just stunk, but #8 really stood out and scored the two only goals for the Caps. He's got mad skills...both of them are going to be elite NHLers for their generation.

Speaking of Daigle, I saw a guy wearing a Daigle-Panther jersey at the Panther game last night - I didn't think he ever played for Florida????

Old
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
wilka91*

maybe it was the guy's name? what was the number on the jersey?

Old
10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Another number 1 pick has given Daigle a run for his money- skirt wearing Kovalchuk.
Since his return, the Thrashers are utterly pathetic.
Probably because they're not playing Washington right now and they're on their 5th string goalie.

But yes, that doesn't excuse their lack of goal production.

Closed Thread