HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Premiere 2011 - Who's coming to Europe?

Old
10-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
I wish I could be there, would have made for a great trip, Sweden and Germany.

Guess I'll just listen to my LOK and Rammstein CDs between periods.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 03:09 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

What the heck.. Does LOK actually have international fans?

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:16 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

I'll be in Berlin. Going on my own as well
Sitting in section 201, behind the goal I think.

Was wondering, what are you guys' experiences with bringing in camera's? I was told a "small digital camera" likely wouldn't be taken away from you, but a professional "with removable" lens would...
Now... I wanted to bring this one (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50), which I really like, it doesn't have a removable lens but would that be pushing it and taking that comment to literaly?
On the other hand I don't want to be taking photo's all the time anyway, so it may be good to just not bring one.

Should be great! I'll be there Friday... if anyone knows of a training on Saturday perhaps, please let me know
Really been hoping for Loktionov and Voynov to make the team, also so I'd get the chance to see them live... So here's hoping for Voynov, really feel like they deserve it.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFT View Post
I'll be in Berlin. Going on my own as well
Sitting in section 201, behind the goal I think.

Was wondering, what are you guys' experiences with bringing in camera's? I was told a "small digital camera" likely wouldn't be taken away from you, but a professional "with removable" lens would...
Now... I wanted to bring this one (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50), which I really like, it doesn't have a removable lens but would that be pushing it and taking that comment to literaly?
On the other hand I don't want to be taking photo's all the time anyway, so it may be good to just not bring one.

Should be great! I'll be there Friday... if anyone knows of a training on Saturday perhaps, please let me know
Really been hoping for Loktionov and Voynov to make the team, also so I'd get the chance to see them live... So here's hoping for Voynov, really feel like they deserve it.
From my experience, the people checking gear really don't know what they are looking at. They generally just don't want to see huge lenses. If it looks small, it should be fine. They just don't want to see a pro lens the length of your forearm.

The Lumix would be nice because that series does video, yes? Probably not high FPS or HD because that looks like one that was made previous to that, but still probably pretty decent.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
What the heck.. Does LOK actually have international fans?
Yea, but probably not too many. I chanced across them about 5 years ago and they blew me away. Pretty intense stuff.

Lillasyster is known more because of that Rihanna cover they did.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
regulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Remember being "married" is not just one word its a sentence.
I lol'd.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Mindcircus

To all of you who are going to Europe, and the Kings, have a safe trip.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:29 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
From my experience, the people checking gear really don't know what they are looking at. They generally just don't want to see huge lenses. If it looks small, it should be fine. They just don't want to see a pro lens the length of your forearm.

The Lumix would be nice because that series does video, yes? Probably not high FPS or HD because that looks like one that was made previous to that, but still probably pretty decent.
Thanks.
I believe it's a pretty old model if you look at what's being made now. But it does do video, and quite good as well. I might just take it with me, but if it's not allowed I assume they just store it somewhere? (Not like I'm not allowed through at all or something).

Does anyone know if there's going to be a morning skate? Or wouldn't they because of the back to back?

Have a safe trip all.

Old
10-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Richards10

Quote:
Thanks.
I believe it's a pretty old model if you look at what's being made now. But it does do video, and quite good as well. I might just take it with me, but if it's not allowed I assume they just store it somewhere? (Not like I'm not allowed through at all or something).

Does anyone know if there's going to be a morning skate? Or wouldn't they because of the back to back?

Have a safe trip all.
I have the same problem because I'd like to take my eos 600d with me so I searched the web and here's what I found:

http://www.globearenas.se/en/for_vis...px?EntryId=109

Are cameras allowed at events?
No system cameras or any kind of other sound- or video recording equipment are allowed in the arenas.

Richards10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Thanks.

Have a safe trip all.
I'd say your camera is probably pushing it. You may get in depending on who checks you at the entrance, but someone inside may have a different opinion on what's okay and what isn't. When they say small digital cameras are allowed, they usually refer to those small pocket-cameras that fit into one hand. Something like this.

They should have a storage at the entrance for all the stuff you aren't allowed to take in. May have to pay one Euro or something in that vicinity though.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

My strategy will probably be to bring two camera's (one smaller version) and just ask them during the day, as I will probably go to the arena before as well (been there before actually). Or I might decide to play the tourist and just tell them I have to bring my stuff with me, 'cause I don't know where else to leave it

Anyway:
- Does anyone know if there's going to be a morning skate? Would love the chance to attend that. Would also love the chance to see Voynov in action (still hoping for him to make the team of course) and maybe get some autographs.
- Would there be a chance of the Sweden game being broadcast somewhere? Maybe some American Sports bar or so?
- How far in advance should you actually go to the arena for a game?

Old
10-04-2011, 10:35 AM
dbbourn

Couldn't substantiate the cost to my wife. Couldn't even convince my buddies that are Ranger's fans. Way too expensive.

For those who can make it, have a great time. I'm jealous.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:20 AM
KingsFan17

I'm leaving this afternoon. I'll be staying at the Globe hotel. I hear they have a pretty good bar and the hotel is attached to the stadium. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink, let me know.

KingsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan17 View Post
I'm leaving this afternoon. I'll be staying at the Globe hotel. I hear they have a pretty good bar and the hotel is attached to the stadium. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink, let me know.

If I can make it in time I will post it here and we can figure it out.

Me and my brother, but I can't promise anything it all depends on timing.

Okay?

Edit that would be somewhere between 15:00 to 17:00. (Swedish time)

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I'm often surprised at how many fans we have overseas.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
KingsFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
If I can make it in time I will post it here and we can figure it out.

Me and my brother, but I can't promise anything it all depends on timing.

Okay?

Edit that would be somewhere between 15:00 to 17:00. (Swedish time)
Sounds good to me.

KingsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Kids2Kings

Quote:
I am staying down the road at the Clarion and hope to meet up for drinks. What time are you thinking?

Kids2Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:53 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Sounds good to me.
Great looking forward to it.

Old
10-06-2011, 01:06 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Wish I could go! Just too much money for my salary. lol

But I'll be in Newark to welcome the boys back to the states!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 05:27 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

You know what's messed up? The NHL going through all the trouble of setting up games in Sweden to market itself when there is currently no legal way of watching an NHL game on TV or online. There is no TV deal in place and GameCenter Live is no longer available in Scandinavia, so there is no legal option for streaming games.

So unless something happens within the next 30 hours or something, the only Swedes who will legally watch the game in Sweden are those sitting in the arena. Great way to market the game!

Old
10-06-2011, 06:19 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

So no more than 40 minutes after I wrote that post, a press release was released that Viasat had purchased the rights to broadcast the two games played in Sweden. I guess all I had to do was complain about it...

Still no deal for the rest of the season though.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
So no more than 40 minutes after I wrote that post, a press release was released that Viasat had purchased the rights to broadcast the two games played in Sweden. I guess all I had to do was complain about it...

Still no deal for the rest of the season though.
What? Last thing I heard was gamecenter live has taken over after ESPN360. I was planing to pay for an account.

Are you sure? Edit: found more on the subject.

ATTENTION EUROPEAN FANS:

The NHL's goal this season is to bring more programming content and live games than ever to our passionate and loyal European fans. In connection with that pursuit, today we have launched six native-language Web sites (Czech, Finnish, German, Russian, Slovak, Swedish). NHL GameCenter LIVE enables our international fans to enjoy live and on-demand games via streaming video on broadband, mobile and tablet devices.

On the television side, we continue to work throughout Europe to bring NHL hockey to our fans. While these negotiations are ongoing, we remain optimistic that we soon will soon have agreements to announce. We thank you for your continued patience, as we continue to work diligently toward this goal.

The following are the local broadcast listing for the 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere:

Friday, October 7:
2011 Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm
7:00pm: New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
TV10 and online via Viaplay (Sweden)

2011 Compuware NHL Premiere Helsinki
8:00pm: Anaheim Ducks vs. Buffalo Sabres
Nelonen Sport Pro (Finland)

Saturday, October 8:
2011 Compuware NHL Premiere Stockholm
7:00pm: New York Rangers vs. Anaheim Ducks
TV6/Viasat Hockey and online via Viaplay (Sweden), Nelonen Sport Pro (Finland)

NHL Live Games Online:
The 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere Games will be available through NHL GameCenter LIVE everywhere except Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark. In those countries, the 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere games will be made available online via “Viaplay.”

My comment: The Premiere Games will be a blackout in Scandinavia...I can see why and GCL is available for Sweden as of from now.

Last edited by alpa: 10-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

I'm leaving tomorrow early morning.

Would I have any chance of attending a skate Saturday during the day somewhere?
And how far in advance should I go to the game actually? Not sure if there's going to be much waiting... (I know I was first one in line, in London )

Would like to get some pucks and get them signed

Old
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I'm trying to comment on the guy staying at Clarion but HFB keeps telling me I'm not logged in.

Clarion is my stay as well I have a check-in time at 15:00 tomorrow.

Old
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Sounds good to me.
Is there anyway to call you? a phonenumber? Private mess if so.

Or you could get my number.

If not I will be posting after I've checked in at approx a little after 15:00 tomorrow and tell you that i'm heading down to the arena and we could meet up somewhere.

Can't check in any earlier then that.

I will be wearing a red rose...

Last edited by alpa: 10-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.