HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Are you crazy? I agree with the rest of your post, but this portion takes the cake.
Getting a prospect and a 2nd round pick for a 5th rounder who had done NOTHING in the NHL was a good trade. Grabovski needed to go to a non-playoff team and get icetime on the top 2 lines to become the player he is today, if he was stuck on a playoff team he likely wouldn't of been the player he is now.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Hey, you think you can update the first post with details of who is injured and expected returns? I think it would be a great idea.
I'll try to do what I can, no promises though.

Other mods are welcome to step up to the plate too... *cough*

Old
10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Getting a prospect and a 2nd round pick for a 5th rounder who had done NOTHING in the NHL was a good trade. Grabovski needed to go to a non-playoff team and get icetime on the top 2 lines to become the player he is today, if he was stuck on a playoff team he likely wouldn't of been the player he is now.
Exactly. Judging trades after player X goes to another team and gets a ton of ice time and(predictably) better numbers is ludicrious.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 10-06-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
SB164

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Eller still not cleared for contact; no action tonight or Sunday in Winnipeg

Nothing new on #Habs Markov, he's still on whatever schedule team is using for his rehab

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Martin said losing Woywitka is unfortunate but additions of Emelin and Diaz made him expendable. Also said Betts injury is lower body

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Jacques Martin says Blair Betts is day to day with lower body injury. Won't play tonight but hopeful for next game.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
#Habs Eller still not cleared for contact; no action tonight or Sunday in Winnipeg

Nothing new on #Habs Markov, he's still on whatever schedule team is using for his rehab

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Martin said losing Woywitka is unfortunate but additions of Emelin and Diaz made him expendable. Also said Betts injury is lower body

Jacques Martin says Blair Betts is day to day with lower body injury. Won't play tonight but hopeful for next game.
VERY glad it's a lower body injury on Betts, not shoulder issues. What's "losing" Woywitka mean? Did he get claimed or something. I don't see it anywhere. Or is it just a poor turn of phrase?

Old
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
VERY glad it's a lower body injury on Betts, not shoulder issues. What's "losing" Woywitka mean? Did he get claimed or something. I don't see it anywhere. Or is it just a poor turn of phrase?
He just got claimed by NYR.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Max Levine

Eller not cleared for contact? So it will take more than a week.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

ArponBasu Arpon Basu

Thanks, SB. I've edited to these into the first post of the thread.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:25 PM
neofury*

I have a hard time understanding if Plekamaniac is serious or just some guy trolling everyone. With JimCareyPrice aka Agnostic at least I can tell he's serious.

The injuries aren't great but a lot of teams have waves of injuries here or there. The trades aren't all good but for every trade that a team wins another team is losing, sometimes fair trades happen but when you deal a late pick like Grabovsky and he pans out it isn't as uncommon as people make it out to be.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
habitue*

Betts injured ?

Great pick up Gauthier !

Flyers must LOL

And Woywitka not good enough for the Habs - did he had a real chance to prove himself in the pre-season ? - but good enough for the Rangers...

Old
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Betts injured ?

Great pick up Gauthier !

Flyers must LOL

And Woywitka not good enough for the Habs - did he had a real chance to prove himself in the pre-season ? - but good enough for the Rangers...
Didn't you not like Woywitka? All of a sudden it bothers you taht he's not with the team.

You do realize the Rangers have injuries on D and needed some depth right? Two different scenarios.

Also, some injuries are not permanent and players do come back. You complain about Enqvist and no 4th line center, then when we acquire one it's still a LOL.

Just admit your a troll and just don't like the team.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Betts injured ?

Great pick up Gauthier !

Flyers must LOL

LOL, such an idiot that Gauthier... why would he pick up a good penalty killer if he's going to miss the first game of the year? Holmgren must still be laughing that they saved a huge $700,000 by letting him go so they could keep Jody Shelly on the roster.

The Rangers D is looking awesome with Staal out for a month, it'll look even better with Woywitka playing every game... can't believe he was let go. Gauthier

Old
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Delat

Quote:
Betts injured ?

Great pick up Gauthier !

Flyers must LOL

SO you're angry that a 28 years old defensman that still has difficulty staying in the NHL got claimed, but you're also angry that we claimed a proven 4th line center just because he'll miss a game. I guess season can't start soon enough...

Old
10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
LOL, such an idiot that Gauthier... why would he pick up a good penalty killer if he's going to miss the first game of the year? Holmgren must still be laughing that they saved a huge $700,000 by letting him go so they could keep Jody Shelly on the roster.

The Rangers D is looking awesome with Staal out for a month, it'll look even better with Woywitka playing every game... can't believe he was let go. Gauthier

You're joking right? ....Seriously?

We get a PROVEN 4th line center who can take draws and is a above average penalty killer who will miss 1 game.... and Gauthier is the Idiot?!.... Really?

Go the mirror and look at one!

Old
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

We get a PROVEN 4th line center who can take draws and is a above average penalty killer who will miss 1 game.... and Gauthier is the Idiot?!.... Really?

Think he's being sarcastic in reply to the guy he was quoting.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

Did I seriously need to put a at the end of that post?

Old
10-06-2011, 01:02 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

Yeah pretty sure he was joking...

Old
10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Did I seriously need to put a at the end of that post?
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS BRO!

Old
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

Quote:
Betts injured ?

Great pick up Gauthier !

Flyers must LOL

Yeah, Gauther really wasted that 0$ he traded away to acquire Betts.

Also, we clearly don't have enough depth at D. I think we need more fringe NHL defensemen like the great stud Woywitka.

Old
10-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Didn't you not like Woywitka? All of a sudden it bothers you taht he's not with the team.

You do realize the Rangers have injuries on D and needed some depth right? Two different scenarios.

Also, some injuries are not permanent and players do come back. You complain about Enqvist and no 4th line center, then when we acquire one it's still a LOL.

Just admit your a troll and just don't like the team.
Pretty sure some posters here aren't really habs fans.

Last edited by Kriss E: 10-06-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

1) Ribeiro
2) Grabovski
3) Kostitsyn

Wonder if there's ever been another team in history that traded away 3 players for zilch and had those players lead their new team in scoring (and mysteriously and suddenly drop the PROBLEM label that supposedly led to their trade).

We're off topic on this thread. /done
I have to say when it's laid out like that it does sort of look like the Habs suck in managing/developing young offensive players. The above three scored more points than any Habs players (SK trailed only Plekanec). If we struggle offensively this year and these three (and Latendresse) continue to perform we have to recognize a disturbing pattern re asset management.

IMO if there's a problem player why not give him top six and power play time, let him put up numbers then maybe the "attitude" improves, or at least we can get something back in a trade. Montreal's intense fan and media attention could be why some players get shipped so quickly here?

Yes off topic sorry. Go Habs Go !!!

Old
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I have to say when it's laid out like that it does sort of look like the Habs suck in managing/developing young offensive players. The above three scored more points than any Habs players (SK trailed only Plekanec). If we struggle offensively this year and these three (and Latendresse) continue to perform we have to recognize a disturbing pattern re asset management.IMO if there's a problem player why not give him top six and power play time, let him put up numbers then maybe the "attitude" improves, or at least we can get something back in a trade. Montreal's intense fan and media attention could be why some players get shipped so quickly here?

Yes off topic sorry. Go Habs Go !!!
I think guys like Ribeiro, Latendresse and Kostitsyn had ample opportunity in Montreal...they didn't hold up their end of the bargain to be successful players in the NHL. That's on them IMO.

Grabovski I agree, management might of been too quick to want to get rid of him instead of working with him. But he can put up 80pts this year...doesn't bother me one bit

Go Habs Go!

Old
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pretty sure some posters here aren't really habs fans.
Let me clarify that statement that you just made.

Pretty sure that a lot of posters are die hard Montreal Canadiens fans who think that Gauthier is a very inept GM and has been making some very foolish trades (giveaways) and signings.

Some of us dont like the flavor of Kool Aid that some of you drink up and ask for more.

Go Habs Go. I will forever pull for my Habs, even in spite of who we have in management and who is coaching my team.

Old
10-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Pretty sure that a lot of posters are die hard Montreal Canadiens fans who think that Gauthier is a very inept GM and has been making some very foolish trades (giveaways) and signings.

Some of us dont like the flavor of Kool Aid that some of you drink up and ask for more.

Go Habs Go. I will forever pull for my Habs, even in spite of who we have in management and who is coaching my team..
I think Kriss has a point when the poster he's quoted says he dislikes a player when acquired, but then gets mad when he's moved. Likewise, the said poster liked for the GM to acquire a player and when he was acquired he still laughs at management.

Also, I'd love to see all these giveaways gauthier has done in 2 years.

Old
10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Go Habs Go. I will forever pull for my Habs, even in spite of who we have in management and who is coaching my team.
No, that's just what you tell yourself.

Closed Thread