HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hull retires. Lack of Ice time and Production.

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2005, 03:42 AM
ClawinAtcha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
I bet there isn't a single hockeyplayer who could say anything bad about him.
Whoa! I don't know if I'd go that far!

Old
10-17-2005, 03:50 AM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawinAtcha
Whoa! I don't know if I'd go that far!
Well... allright then... maybe a few.
But not many..

Old
10-17-2005, 04:38 AM
chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakiet
Anybody put up the video of it yet? here it is
was really touching to watch

Old
10-17-2005, 04:57 AM
Russian_fanatic

Wow that conference was really sad to watch. It seems that Hull had a standard and he didn't live up to it He truly was an amazing player to watch and I'll miss him.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:34 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Wow that conference was really sad to watch. It seems that Hull had a standard and he didn't live up to it He truly was an amazing player to watch and I'll miss him.
Hull was indeed fun to watch, but often frustrating as well. As for it being sad, well, its a little sad, but he had a long full career, he just got a little overwhelmed by emotion. Gretzky said the day of retirement is the saddest day of a player's life...for other people, not for the retiring player.

Does nobody bring Kleenex to these things? I think I've only seen maybe 2 press conferences like this where there wasn't any crying, oddly enough both by Saku Koivu talking about dealing with abdominal cancer.

Old
10-17-2005, 08:28 AM
chiavsfan

Hull was indeed one of the best players to ever lace up the skates, he had a great career, and should have retired before the season, but that's another matter.

Hull also has the distinction of being one of the whiny-est players ever. He whined about his coaches, he whined, about some of his teammates, he whined about the fans, he whined about singing with a new team who was giving him tons of money...

Old
10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
n00dles

A toast to one of the greatest scorers the game has ever known. Congrats to an unbelievable career.

Old
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008
he's a nice guy who truly loved the game
you know, from the things i've read, he actually seemed to not love the game as much as most players in the NHL. There was a quote of his to that effect in Roy MacGregor's book Home Team about hockey sons and fathers.... Hull admitted he never really took the game seriously... jeez, i wish i still had the book.

anyway, this probably isn't appreciated in this thread, but i wanted to put it in anyway. maybe i can find a copy of the book at the library.

Old
10-18-2005, 12:38 AM
the mandrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
yeah, watch him stand at the faceoff circles and wait for somebody to pass to him. he had a pretty wicked shot, ill give you that

Old
10-21-2005, 03:17 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I take it you haven't had a chance to watch any of the Coyotes games this season. They are a hard working team that has lost a few one goal games that really could have gone either way. A couple of lucky bounces this way, or a couple of lucky bounces that way, and you'd be seeing threads about what a genius Gretzky is. They've had their share of injuries, and there are only a few hold overs from '03-'04 to begin with. There hasn't been much offensive chemistry yet, but they've only played five or six games together. I truly don't see them picking higher than 15th at next June's draft. I know, I know, you disagree and I'm an idiot, but we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
I have now seen two games. I might have called you daft last week but not today. They have really turned it on the last few games. I still don't like them for the playoffs but who knows. They played Vancouver hard and in his good years Cujo didn't mind seeing a lot of rubber. They really do need for the guys who are being paid to score goals to step up though.

Closed Thread