HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Old
07-07-2011, 08:38 PM
leoleo3535

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but any relation to Peter? I doubt it but I'd still like to know.
no....brother of Jesse on PG.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but any relation to Peter? I doubt it but I'd still like to know.
Alex is a good ol' Saskatchewan boy.

/Don Cherry

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
With all these damn Forsbergs one of them has to come close to Peter.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:51 PM
bberry

Alex will "fall" a bit by 2013. I think with prospects that far off its not so much "falling" as it is correcting the hype around them. He has high end skill and hockey sense. He has a little more edge in him than people give him credit for but in no way would I classify him as an agitator or physical player. The thing that is going to hurt him down the road is his skating if it doesn't improve. Not that he is a bad skater but just very average. Does not blow past anyone by any means.

bberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
With all these damn Forsbergs one of them has to come close to Peter.
no, but probably a Scandinavian heritage though, since forsberg isnt a north american name.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Since the '10 Bantam draft, I think it's safe to say that Lazar has passed him as a WHL prospect.

Two years out, though, so impossible to say anything definitive.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:17 AM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Looking forward to more opinions on him leoleo.
Watched Forsberg tonite, tried to focus on him when he was on the ice.

Here are my opinions, albeit only seeing him this game, some training camp and a bit last year;

Forsberg is very smooth, skates well, although a bit of a hunched over/leaning forward kinda style. Doesn't blow you away with speed but skating should not be an issue at all.

Competes in all areas of the ice and should get more physical as the years move along, but it isnt really his game. Does not shy away from it anways, which is good. Has decent size and looked bigger than his listed 5'9? Not sure though.

Probably the biggest thing I have noticed and especially in tonites game, is how well Forsberg uses his linemates and finds them with really some great passes. Just makes it look easy at times, even just short passes in his own end or the neutral zone. Very smart with the puck for sure. The puck just seems to stay on his stick at times and the longer you give him, he will find someone open. Had 2 assists tonite and could have probably had a couple more easily. At times I thought PG should have played him a bit more, but he is only 16.

Has some really good hands and combined with what is mentioned above, he can be really dangerous. It appears he might like to dish more than shoot, but he should be dangerous at both as he matures. He seemed to play more wing tonite and I think normally he might be a Centerman, but he did fine if in fact he is somewhat playing out of position?

Anyways, a pretty good game for Forsberg and he now has 1g 2a for 3pts in 3 games this season. His hands and passing will be his bread and butter. Very slick, smooth and patient with the puck. Looks like a good one and if the kid ever gets a sniper on his wing, look out!

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post

Here are my opinions, albeit only seeing him this game, some training camp and a bit last year;

Forsberg is very smooth, skates well, although a bit of a hunched over/leaning forward kinda style. Doesn't blow you away with speed but skating should not be an issue at all.

Competes in all areas of the ice and should get more physical as the years move along, but it isnt really his game. Does not shy away from it anways, which is good. Has decent size and looked bigger than his listed 5'9? Not sure though.

Probably the biggest thing I have noticed and especially in tonites game, is how well Forsberg uses his linemates and finds them with really some great passes. Just makes it look easy at times, even just short passes in his own end or the neutral zone. Very smart with the puck for sure. The puck just seems to stay on his stick at times and the longer you give him, he will find someone open. Had 2 assists tonite and could have probably had a couple more easily. At times I thought PG should have played him a bit more, but he is only 16.

Has some really good hands and combined with what is mentioned above, he can be really dangerous. It appears he might like to dish more than shoot, but he should be dangerous at both as he matures. He seemed to play more wing tonite and I think normally he might be a Centerman, but he did fine if in fact he is somewhat playing out of position?

Anyways, a pretty good game for Forsberg and he now has 1g 2a for 3pts in 3 games this season. His hands and passing will be his bread and butter. Very slick, smooth and patient with the puck. Looks like a good one and if the kid ever gets a sniper on his wing, look out!
Thanks a ton. Good stuff.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post

I watched the game as well.
I am also rewatching thru the archives.

Good summary by you.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Saw him last night.

Very similar player to RNH. Almost floats around and waits to pick his spots. Excellent vision, smart player and has the ability to find open holes in the offensive zone.

Good skater and a workable frame.

My only concern is his lack of physicality. Pretty damn soft.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
wings5

Quote:
Saw him last night.

Very similar player to RNH. Almost floats around and waits to pick his spots. Excellent vision, smart player and has the ability to find open holes in the offensive zone.

Good skater and a workable frame.

My only concern is his lack of physicality. Pretty damn soft.
He's listed at 5'9?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:08 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
He's listed at 5'9?
Hmmm, definitely does not look 5'9 on the ice.

With that being said, the Cougars have two players who are 5'5...so maybe it's just an optical illusion haha.

Old
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
stug*

Stop stealing our names

stug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Saw him live back to back nights, wasn't nearly as good the 2nd night. With that being said, the entire team looked sluggish.

Still really like the kids vision.

I would compare him to RNH at this point, still. Very similar styles of players although Forsberg lacks the acceleration and drive defensively of RNH.

Old
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Saw him live back to back nights, wasn't nearly as good the 2nd night. With that being said, the entire team looked sluggish.

Still really like the kids vision.

I would compare him to RNH at this point, still. Very similar styles of players although Forsberg lacks the acceleration and drive defensively of RNH.
So, one could say that Forsberg is perhaps not quite the NHL prospect RNH is in relation to both the NHL draft and career? If given the choice (and yes it is apple pie without being fully cooked yet as obviously Forsberg has two extra years of development to come) who would you take long-term?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
So, one could say that Forsberg is perhaps not quite the NHL prospect RNH is in relation to both the NHL draft and career? If given the choice (and yes it is apple pie without being fully cooked yet as obviously Forsberg has two extra years of development to come) who would you take long-term?
RNH no doubt.

I just think Forsberg plays a similar style. I have no reason to believe that Forsberg will ever end up being the same calibre of prospect as RNH.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Passchendaele

Alex Forsberg (2013 eligible)

Where does he rank as of now?

Drafted 1st overall in the WHL, a bit undersized, had a somewhat decent year with the Cougars.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

In his draft year he was ranked as a top 3 pick in the NHL

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I've seen him pegged late teens.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:34 PM
shello
@WShello9

Ive seen around top 15, top 20

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:03 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Top 15-20 for me

Old
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Parise9Crosby87

why has this kids stock dropped so much and how much ice time is he getting

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

He's been very good in my viewings this season. So shifty, great hands, avoids being hit to make up for his lack of size and really has some GREAT chemistry with Colin Jacobs. I've always backed him up, expecting him to eventually prove me right and I think he's doing that so far this season.

Still not strong enough and isn't great defensively but he works hard and is so good offensively at creating open space for himself.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:21 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
He's been very good in my viewings this season. So shifty, great hands, avoids being hit to make up for his lack of size and really has some GREAT chemistry with Colin Jacobs. I've always backed him up, expecting him to eventually prove me right and I think he's doing that so far this season.

Still not strong enough and isn't great defensively but he works hard and is so good offensively at creating open space for himself.
How's his team mate Zach Pochiro been? My little brother was linemates with him here in Vegas

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
why has this kids stock dropped so much and how much ice time is he getting
Dropped? He "dropped" in hype because in injuries before his draft year and OK skating. From my viewing he has been very good so far, especially pairing up with Jacobs. I didn't care about him before the draft, but the kid has a great start to the year and is treading upwards into the 1st round.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote