HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/24 Gameday Thread: vs Minnesota Wild

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 02:02 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther
And instead of commenting on how "classy" I am (a real classy move yourself by the way), why don't you actually watch a game, and learn how it is and supposed to be played.
in all likelihood, i played ice hockey longer than yourself, and in fact do know how it is supposed to be played. everyone gets ****ed with bad calls, but it comes down to whether you use that as an excuse for losing or suck it up and realize that there were also many other factors as to why they/you lost. blaming officiating is lame and cliche.

Old
10-25-2003, 02:13 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
If the Panthers keep this level of consistency we are going to be playing for the rights to Ovechkin before you know it. It's the same ole' stuff with the Cats - no consistency whatsoever. They blow a 2-0 lead at home to a team missing its top stars. So sad...

Take a look at the division: Tampa is 5-0, Atlanta is 4-0, and the Panthers are 2-4. Sooner or later Washington will come around too.

What concerns me the most is the fact that those teams are improving and playing consistent hockey. Florida is not. It seems that Keenan is still searching for line combinations that might work, instead of a philosophy or strategy that better suits the talent and players he has. We do have talent, and IMO it's being misutilized.

Hartley has his young Thrasher team (minus Heatley) playing like a machine - 5 guys on the ice playing as 1. And this was done with just a few moves and a coach who hasn't even been there a full year...
someone sees the light

Old
10-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
in all likelihood, i played ice hockey longer than yourself, and in fact do know how it is supposed to be played. everyone gets ****ed with bad calls, but it comes down to whether you use that as an excuse for losing or suck it up and realize that there were also many other factors as to why they/you lost. blaming officiating is lame and cliche.
Whatever kid. Judging from the pictures on your website, I've been playing since you were in diapers and still playing with your own feces.

Instead of being a complete jackhole and assuming that no one knows anything about this sport but you because they disagree with you, why don't you shut your trap, open your ears, listen and you might learn a few things.

Old
10-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Whatever kid. Judging from the pictures on your website, I've been playing since you were in diapers and still playing with your own feces.

Instead of being a complete jackhole and assuming that no one knows anything about this sport but you because they disagree with you, why don't you shut your trap, open your ears, listen and you might learn a few things.
Thank you for that DP...such eloquence!! I luv it.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:19 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:

that post in no way enlightended me or added to my knowledge, just shows you're all talk.

try again, 'jackhole'

Old
10-26-2003, 07:45 AM
m2k2p

Went to the game....Worst officiating I have ever seen, but the Cats still should of won that game getting a 2 goal lead on the Wild. Good to see them bounce back and get a more important win against the Thrashers though.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:37 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
Take a look at the division: Tampa is 5-0, Atlanta is 4-0, and the Panthers are 2-4. Sooner or later Washington will come around too.
We already proved from last night we can play with the Thrashers. Tampa, well you never know when the wheels will fall off. The Caps, their D is shambles, Kolzig will be worn out before the break. And the Canes, that team is wierd

We can take this division! Don't give up hope, look at the Marlins (even though I'm a Blue Jay fan myself )

Old
10-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Clash*

I've never been one to blame the refs, even durin a few bad calls, but the officiating at this game was horrendous. One thing that has gone on through the years with the Cats is they always have bad officiating, but I've grown accustomed to it. This was beyond anything I have been accustomed to in the past and hope to not see it again. Any momentum created by the Panthers was imediately shut down with bad calls.

As for the clutching and grabbing. C'mon, this is a Jacques Lemaire team. The perfector of the neutral zone trap pretty much. Its what helped this team get to the WCF last year and has let them compete nite in and nite out in the west. As for supposedly bein a bad team without Gaborik and Dupuis, hate to tell Pugsly, but they're still gettin the goals, with the exact same frequency they did last year. I'm guessin since New Jersey is the exact same kind of team, but with a little more age, they must suck as well according to Pugsly.

Closed Thread