HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Has to do with clothing tax most likely.
I paid tax on the customization... but I thought that was on top of the $70.00.

When you posed that I assumed it was an incentive to buy the jersey from them also -- a smart and not unusual practice that some now call bundling I suppose -- With the added profit... and I imagine the mark up is huge, based on the sale reductions and Clearance prices when they want to get rid of them... Reducing $10.00 on such an occasion makes sense to me.

... The mark up talk reminds me of one time during he awful Last in the NHL season I found a KOHO black Knuble jersey in the sports shop at the King of Prussia Mall... I had a coupon from my Season Ticket package for so much off a purchase at the then Wachovia FanGear store... I thought what the Hell and asked if they would match it there. Without hesitation he said, "sure" and sold it to me less the discount amount and handed me back the coupon saying, "you might be able to use this again". I assume a that point the stores were worried about the chances of quality players being moved or in Knuble's case not signing with the bad team.

Not too much later I found a Hatcher black KOHO with the 'C', after he was no longer captain... Although he was still on the team they had his jersey on the clearance rack and I thing I got it for around $50.00, and maybe less like $35.00.

Looking at the Knuble and Foresberg jerseys that went on clearance for $20.00 or so... and now the Richards and Carter ones... and my guess is that their profits less overhead reduction are everything over $20.00; a nice profit.

That said... Voorhees SkateZone is and has always been frugal with their clearance rack... Jerseys go on there at half price and stay there at that price... they don't care about the space they take up and you will see old jerseys from a couple Olympics still there... and there are Foresberg Jerseys that sold for $20.00 at Modells years ago still there for $85.00 IIRC... there are a few Desjardines jerseys that have been manhandled in a storage box on a side counter at one point but now back on the rack in ill shape and orange bleeding through the white for (you guessed it) $85.00 and really no hope of moving -- funny thing is I would have bought one long ago if there were reduced to a fair clearance price.

Now THAT, my friends was a major ramble.

Old
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The other day I paid $69.55 to get the black jersey I brought in to get customized.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post

When you posed that I assumed it was an incentive to buy the jersey from them also -- a smart and not unusual practice that some now call bundling I suppose -- With the added profit... and I imagine the mark up is huge, based on the sale reductions and Clearance prices when they want to get rid of them... Reducing $10.00 on such an occasion makes sense to me.

... The mark up talk reminds me of one time during he awful Last in the NHL season I found a KOHO black Knuble jersey in the sports shop at the King of Prussia Mall... I had a coupon from my Season Ticket package for so much off a purchase at the then Wachovia FanGear store... I thought what the Hell and asked if they would match it there. Without hesitation he said, "sure" and sold it to me less the discount amount and handed me back the coupon saying, "you might be able to use this again". I assume a that point the stores were worried about the chances of quality players being moved or in Knuble's case not signing with the bad team.

Not too much later I found a Hatcher black KOHO with the 'C', after he was no longer captain... Although he was still on the team they had his jersey on the clearance rack and I thing I got it for around $50.00, and maybe less like $35.00.

Looking at the Knuble and Foresberg jerseys that went on clearance for $20.00 or so... and now the Richards and Carter ones... and my guess is that their profits less overhead reduction are everything over $20.00; a nice profit.

That said... Voorhees SkateZone is and has always been frugal with their clearance rack... Jerseys go on there at half price and stay there at that price... they don't care about the space they take up and you will see old jerseys from a couple Olympics still there... and there are Foresberg Jerseys that sold for $20.00 at Modells years ago still there for $85.00 IIRC... there are a few Desjardines jerseys that have been manhandled in a storage box on a side counter at one point but now back on the rack in ill shape and orange bleeding through the white for (you guessed it) $85.00 and really no hope of moving -- funny thing is I would have bought one long ago if there were reduced to a fair clearance price.

I [picked up an orange upshall at the NE SZ a few weeks ago for $50 on clearance, turned it into a Voracek. I went to the WF sale in the summer and got a ton of traded players and blanks for $10 each and picked up a Carter at Champs for $15 when he was moved. There are always better places to look than teh skate zone, but for the upshall I figured I wouldnt find an orange one anywhere.

Old
10-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I [picked up an orange upshall at the NE SZ a few weeks ago for $50 on clearance, turned it into a Voracek. I went to the WF sale in the summer and got a ton of traded players and blanks for $10 each and picked up a Carter at Champs for $15 when he was moved. There are always better places to look than teh skate zone, but for the upshall I figured I wouldnt find an orange one anywhere.
I guess the NE SZ... I suppose they run with a different policy than the Voorhess one.

I'd love to get a good two-ply Carter at at fair clearance price to convert to a Simmonds... The Deptford Mall BC Collectibles had Richards and Carter jerseys on clearance but most were single ply ones... they were all the same price $50.00 or $40.00 IIRC... There was a sweet black multi-ply Carter but since Simmonds never wore a Black Rbk I could never convert it and wear it.

Old
10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
The other day I paid $69.55 to get the black jersey I brought in to get customized.
Please forgive me if we've been through this before... was that including tax?

Mine was a WC and I paid approx $70.00 plus tax IIRC... BTW, I do realize that different styles need different lettering and cost different amounts at times.

Old
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
PuckBoy33

Remember the good old days?

When you could go to Sports Authority in Northeast Philly and buy a Pro Player jersey that looked EXACTLY like the on-ice gamers? Numbers, fonts and all.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Please forgive me if we've been through this before... was that including tax?

Mine was a WC and I paid approx $70.00 plus tax IIRC... BTW, I do realize that different styles need different lettering and cost different amounts at times.
That was including tax.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
BlackDog13

Quote:

Completely and totally agreee. I tried to work a deal on one of the black Desjardins jerseys a time or two and was shut down.

Old
10-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Latest addition:

I know Landeskog will have never worn this jersey with the logo and not the wordmark.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Dude, I just got my Voracek jersey back on Sunday night and he ****ing changed his number to 93. What a *****.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:04 AM
PuckBoy33

If you are buying an authentic jersey . . .

Best bet is to go with a blank jersey. Support the team, not just a player.

If you want a player jersey, save your money and wait until MeiGray has the summer sale.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I think it's personally best to just buy an angry birds costume myself.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Dude, I just got my Voracek jersey back on Sunday night and he ****ing changed his number to 93. What a *****.
Daaaamn

Old
10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

^Agreed. I guess Ill just have to say its his preseason jersey.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:13 PM
flountown

Ask how much it would cost to have it changed, I am sure they will give you a reduced rate, or write and angry letter to the Flyers and maybe they will send you a free jersey...

Old
10-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
I think it's personally best to just buy an angry birds costume myself.

10-06-2011, 04:21 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Best bet is to go with a blank jersey. Support the team, not just a player.

If you want a player jersey, save your money and wait until MeiGray has the summer sale.
Or holiday sale.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Ask how much it would cost to have it changed, I am sure they will give you a reduced rate, or write and angry letter to the Flyers and maybe they will send you a free jersey...
he went the cheap-o way and stripped Upshalls name of a orange alternate of the time upshall was here and put voracek on alrady LOL!

thats what you get... now if i wanted to be cool i can take my zherdev and just change the name lol!!!

Old
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
he went the cheap-o way and stripped Upshalls name of a orange alternate of the time upshall was here and put voracek on alrady LOL!

thats what you get... now if i wanted to be cool i can take my zherdev and just change the name lol!!!
The 3-D Flying 'P' Orange Alternate?

... Major Violation, Dude... A player's customization can never be placed on a jersey the player has not worn, or cannot ever wear, at least once in any sort of game action.

Old
10-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
The 3-D Flying 'P' Orange Alternate?

... Major Violation, Dude... A player's customization can never be placed on a jersey the player has not worn, or cannot ever wear, at least once in any sort of game action.
wrong he put it on the current home jersey which was the alternate of upshalls time here..

pfft and you call your self a jersey collector,.. you should know what i was talking about just fooling with you saw

Old
10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
wrong he put it on the current home jersey which was the alternate of upshalls time here..

pfft and you call your self a jersey collector,.. you should know what i was talking about just fooling with you saw
OUCH!!!!

Was Scottie on the Flyers the year the new Orange Home jerseys were the Alternates?... Shoot... With all the personnel changes, and all the team jerseys being rolled out, I'm finding it hard to remember who was where when what was worn... without researching first -- which I obviously didn't do with Uppy -- I certainly cannot rely on my memory any longer, apparently.

My apologies... and as Emily Litella used to say; "Never mind".

EDIT: BTW, In that case... I like what he did and feel for him... He got screwed.

Old
10-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
OUCH!!!!

Was Scottie on the Flyers the year the new Orange Home jerseys were the Alternates?... Shoot... With all the personnel changes, and all the team jerseys being rolled out, I'm finding it hard to remember who was where when what was worn... without researching first -- which I obviously didn't do with Uppy -- I certainly cannot rely on my memory any longer, apparently.

My apologies... and as Emily Litella used to say; "Never mind".
its cool I was just breaking stones

side note: how are you guys with telling fakes of MLB especially Older MLB

story - Well after attending a ton of Camden Riversharks games this season I became infatuated with the team and its current roster. So me being a avid jersey collector I couldn't stop at just buying game used riversharks jerseys at their jersey auctions they had every once in a while (which I have acquired 10 of), I wanted MLB jerseys of players who had been to "the bigs". So upon hours of research of pictures and stats and what not I chose a few jerseys I was interested in. Most notable due to the Diamondbacks being my 2nd fav MLB team (due to their OLD colors) when I saw that Mike Koplove played for them back in the day I was dead set in acquiring a purple alternate from the time period and getting Koploves name on it. Well I found one eBay, relatively cheap but I have found legit older hockey jerseys for under $5. Anyway I bought it and recived it but the teal does not match the teal on the dbacks hat I have from the same time period. So thus me thinking I got dupped with a fake are there any sure signs of a fake within MLB jerseys especially older ones

Old
10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Reading that loud and clear... Sometime stones just cry to be broken.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:16 PM
flountown

Quote:

story - Well after attending a ton of Camden Riversharks games this season I became infatuated with the team and its current roster. So me being a avid jersey collector I couldn't stop at just buying game used riversharks jerseys at their jersey auctions they had every once in a while (which I have acquired 10 of), I wanted MLB jerseys of players who had been to "the bigs". So upon hours of research of pictures and stats and what not I chose a few jerseys I was interested in. Most notable due to the Diamondbacks being my 2nd fav MLB team (due to their OLD colors) when I saw that Mike Koplove played for them back in the day I was dead set in acquiring a purple alternate from the time period and getting Koploves name on it. Well I found one eBay, relatively cheap but I have found legit older hockey jerseys for under $5. Anyway I bought it and recived it but the teal does not match the teal on the dbacks hat I have from the same time period. So thus me thinking I got dupped with a fake are there any sure signs of a fake within MLB jerseys especially older ones
You should be good depending on how old the jersey you are looking at, as unless there is a vintage version of the jersey or a really famous person, they normally don't get faked.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
You should be good depending on how old the jersey you are looking at, as unless there is a vintage version of the jersey or a really famous person, they normally don't get faked.

its blank and the greeen as said is REALLY off... is it common

heres the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290615546838...#ht_500wt_1204

Closed Thread