HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
  #51
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
The following players were released after the last pre-season game:

Obi Aduba, Phil Ginand, Ryan Palmer, Joe Grimaldi, Wade Poplawski

Suprised by Ryan Palmer, he played better than most of the defensemen this pre-season.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
  #52
bluegod29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
What happened to Chris D' Alvise. Im pretty sure he was in camp with Columbus and now he is nowhere to be found?


Also Falcons signed Adam Mair and Ryan garlock to PTOS. Mair was a good signing but im not sure Garlock gives us anything. He has never been an impact player.

But i'm glad we are already looking for players because Columbus has left us thin this year. All this talk of the free agent signings from them but they still kept alot of our guys that were supposed to be with us. We will have very weak 3rd and 4th lines and our defense looks to be scary but we will see. i'm hoping for a good year but thats kind of an oxymoron here in Springfield. we have two rookie goalies and only one is actually signed by Columbus. we will see i guess... i dont know kinda worried. i know Columbus has injuries but we should still be deeper and we are not. Most other AHL teams always seem to be deeper than us. they have callups but still perform but we cant year after year. weird. i dont know i will try so stay optimistic since the season has not yet started.

bluegod29 is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
  #53
WrightOn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,464
vCash: 500
Anyone know if Adam Pineault made the team or had a good camp?

WrightOn is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM
  #54
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
What happened to Chris D' Alvise. Im pretty sure he was in camp with Columbus and now he is nowhere to be found?


Also Falcons signed Adam Mair and Ryan garlock to PTOS. Mair was a good signing but im not sure Garlock gives us anything. He has never been an impact player.

But i'm glad we are already looking for players because Columbus has left us thin this year. All this talk of the free agent signings from them but they still kept alot of our guys that were supposed to be with us. We will have very weak 3rd and 4th lines and our defense looks to be scary but we will see. i'm hoping for a good year but thats kind of an oxymoron here in Springfield. we have two rookie goalies and only one is actually signed by Columbus. we will see i guess... i dont know kinda worried. i know Columbus has injuries but we should still be deeper and we are not. Most other AHL teams always seem to be deeper than us. they have callups but still perform but we cant year after year. weird. i dont know i will try so stay optimistic since the season has not yet started.
I was pretty sure D'Alvise was in Springfield - dunno where he wandered off to. And most of the forwards are already on their way.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
  #55
Adamhockeyp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springfield, Mass
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
What happened to Chris D' Alvise. Im pretty sure he was in camp with Columbus and now he is nowhere to be found?


Also Falcons signed Adam Mair and Ryan garlock to PTOS. Mair was a good signing but im not sure Garlock gives us anything. He has never been an impact player.

But i'm glad we are already looking for players because Columbus has left us thin this year. All this talk of the free agent signings from them but they still kept alot of our guys that were supposed to be with us. We will have very weak 3rd and 4th lines and our defense looks to be scary but we will see. i'm hoping for a good year but thats kind of an oxymoron here in Springfield. we have two rookie goalies and only one is actually signed by Columbus. we will see i guess... i dont know kinda worried. i know Columbus has injuries but we should still be deeper and we are not. Most other AHL teams always seem to be deeper than us. they have callups but still perform but we cant year after year. weird. i dont know i will try so stay optimistic since the season has not yet started.
When Wiz's suspension is up. Either Johnson Or Savard will be sent down, Giroux will be sent down Tomorrow (Wednesday) at or before 3 pm if Mack is determined good to go. Other than that. Dekanich, Ruth, Huselius and Boll are on IR. So there goes some depth right there. Once injuries are taken care of we will be a real good team.

Adamhockeyp is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 06:26 AM
  #56
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
i dont know i will try so stay optimistic since the season has not yet started.
That would seem wise.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
  #57
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
I really need to understand the fan definition of thin.

blahblah is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 07:43 AM
  #58
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I really need to understand the fan definition of thin.
In what context?

pete goegan is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 08:07 AM
  #59
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
In what context?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
But i'm glad we are already looking for players because Columbus has left us thin this year. All this talk of the free agent signings from them but they still kept alot of our guys that were supposed to be with us.
Let's see, was Savard supposed to be with you? I know Sanford was, but injuries happen. Was MM? No, it's been talked about for months that they thought he was ready. So that leaves Atkinson. Johansen, obviously, was never going to be in Springfield this year.

Did we release AJ yet? Or are we keeping him as the 7th? That issue should be addressed by game 9, but let's be honest they are going to have a glut of our best defensive prospects again this year. AJ doesn't matter.

Since we replaced MM and Atkinson with a few stellar AHL star caliber players, I'm not quite feeling the concern.

I know it's one fan, and it was fairly benign post, but are we constantly going to have to look over our shoulders when we call someone up or promote someone in camp?

blahblah is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 08:48 AM
  #60
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Let's see, was Savard supposed to be with you? I know Sanford was, but injuries happen. Was MM? No, it's been talked about for months that they thought he was ready. So that leaves Atkinson. Johansen, obviously, was never going to be in Springfield this year.

Did we release AJ yet? Or are we keeping him as the 7th? That issue should be addressed by game 9, but let's be honest they are going to have a glut of our best defensive prospects again this year. AJ doesn't matter.

Since we replaced MM and Atkinson with a few stellar AHL star caliber players, I'm not quite feeling the concern.

I know it's one fan, and it was fairly benign post, but are we constantly going to have to look over our shoulders when we call someone up or promote someone in camp?
Thanks, I understand, now, where you're coming from.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
  #61
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 13,769
vCash: 500
i think HockeyGirl believes we supplied Springy with the most talent she's seen in years, but I could have misinterpreted some things i've seen

Fro is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
  #62
bluegod29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i think HockeyGirl believes we supplied Springy with the most talent she's seen in years, but I could have misinterpreted some things i've seen
Oh dont get me wrong we have alot of talent but that doesnt translate to a good team all the time especially around here. im just saying when more injuries happen and they WILL, Kubalik and Giroux will get the callups and then we will be thin.

And when i say thin i mean if you look at the players who are up and down guys (Kubalik and giroux) there is not much of a scoring threat behind them. Im very excited about the signings but when injuries happen it will come crashing down. We just dont have a whole lot of depth behind those guys. It seems to be that way year after year. We always have a great number one line, but when they get called up we dont seem to have enough guys who can step up. But thats the nature of being a farm team. Its just odd that other AHL teams seem to be able to keep up after there top guys are called up. Also Bruce Landon has already gone out and shopped for two players. I think he did that because he also believes that we lack depth. But maybe im wrong.

I know i sound like a glass half empty kind of guy but i'm actually very excited for our team this year. i'm just voicing out some of the concerns i have.


Last edited by bluegod29: 10-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
bluegod29 is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
  #63
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
Oh dont get me wrong we have alot of talent but that doesnt translate to a good team all the time especially around here. im just saying when more injuries happen and they WILL, Kubalik and Giroux will get the callups and then we will be thin.

And when i say thin i mean if you look at the players who are up and down guys (Kubalik and giroux) there is not much of a scoring threat behind them. Im very excited about the signings but when injuries happen it will come crashing down. We just dont have a whole lot of depth behind those guys. It seems to be that way year after year. We always have a great number one line, but when they get called up we dont seem to have enough guys who can step up. But thats the nature of being a farm team. Its just odd that other AHL teams seem to be able to keep up after there top guys are called up. Also Bruce Landon has already gone out and shopped for two players. I think he did that because he also believes that we lack depth. But maybe im wrong.

I know i sound like a glass half empty kind of guy but i'm actually very excited for our team this year. i'm just voicing out some of the concerns i have.
Your concerns are very familiar sounding, we've faced the same things here for many years. The organization is just now building depth in Columbus, as well as Springfield.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:13 PM
  #64
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegod29 View Post
Oh dont get me wrong we have alot of talent but that doesnt translate to a good team all the time especially around here. im just saying when more injuries happen and they WILL, Kubalik and Giroux will get the callups and then we will be thin.

And when i say thin i mean if you look at the players who are up and down guys (Kubalik and giroux) there is not much of a scoring threat behind them. Im very excited about the signings but when injuries happen it will come crashing down. We just dont have a whole lot of depth behind those guys. It seems to be that way year after year. We always have a great number one line, but when they get called up we dont seem to have enough guys who can step up. But thats the nature of being a farm team. Its just odd that other AHL teams seem to be able to keep up after there top guys are called up. Also Bruce Landon has already gone out and shopped for two players. I think he did that because he also believes that we lack depth. But maybe im wrong.

I know i sound like a glass half empty kind of guy but i'm actually very excited for our team this year. i'm just voicing out some of the concerns i have.

There is some very good talent behind Kubalik and Giroux

Drazenovic 23-23 46 For Peoria
Gabriel 11-21 46 on the second line for a good Portland team
Byers 15-31 46 Playing for Three AHL teams last year
St Pierre has scored over 400 points in his AHL career

The defense is another year older and while still young should be very skilled.

Both York and Dainton have been solid, green but solid. And when Dekanich heals Sanford will be down.

I don't think Springfield is any "thinner" than most AHL organizations dealing with the up down calls of the associated NHL club. For the first time that any of us can remember the Jackets are sending down players that could actually make NHL squads.

Wish nothing but the best for the Falcons this year.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
  #65
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I was pretty sure D'Alvise was in Springfield - dunno where he wandered off to. And most of the forwards are already on their way.
Actually, D'Alvise has never been on any of the training camp rosters for Springfield. He was on the initial CBJ training camp roster, but never officially released.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
  #66
bluegod29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Actually, D'Alvise has never been on any of the training camp rosters for Springfield. He was on the initial CBJ training camp roster, but never officially released.
I wish i knew where he went. he had a very good season last year and showed great potential.

bluegod29 is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 04:16 PM
  #67
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Chris D'alvise is out with a concussion he received in Columbus. That is why he is not on the Springfield roster. I have not heard an update on how bad it is or any timetable on his return.

Adam Pineault asked for his release to be with his wife while she grows through a bone marrow transplant. Thoughts are with them both, surgery is tomorrow.

I do believe the Jackets have given us quality players for this season. Did Atkinson making the Jackets hurt us, probably, but he beat Kubalik out, so we get Kubalik instead. Congrats to Cam of course. Hoepfully Springfield fans realize, we are not the top priority, the NHL affiliate is. Just saying. I think now that Giroux has been assigned, Falcons fans will step away from the ledge.

Opening weekend is tomorrow. Both games are on the road. I will be at the game in Albany Saturday and will post a recap that night or Sunday.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
  #68
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 13,769
vCash: 500
looking forward to the recaps already HG!

Fro is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  #69
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Chris D'alvise is out with a concussion he received in Columbus. That is why he is not on the Springfield roster. I have not heard an update on how bad it is or any timetable on his return.

Adam Pineault asked for his release to be with his wife while she grows through a bone marrow transplant. Thoughts are with them both, surgery is tomorrow.

I do believe the Jackets have given us quality players for this season. Did Atkinson making the Jackets hurt us, probably, but he beat Kubalik out, so we get Kubalik instead. Congrats to Cam of course. Hoepfully Springfield fans realize, we are not the top priority, the NHL affiliate is. Just saying. I think now that Giroux has been assigned, Falcons fans will step away from the ledge.

Opening weekend is tomorrow. Both games are on the road. I will be at the game in Albany Saturday and will post a recap that night or Sunday.

Any ideas on possibles lines/D pairs?

Roadman is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  #70
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
And who is to say that Cam will be up here all season? I think he spends at least a third of the season in Springfield, so enjoy him when you can

Jovavic is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
  #71
bluegod29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Any ideas on possibles lines/D pairs?
Possible lines will be
1. St. Pierre, Giroux, and Kubalik

2. Byers, Drazenovic, and Bass

3. Joudrey will center the third line and the rest is up in the air.

For defense:

1. Holden and Goloubef

2. Moore and Prout

3. Regner with Blomqvist or Delisle

Goaltending will be whoever the hot hand is, i suspect.

bluegod29 is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
  #72
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Chris D'alvise is out with a concussion he received in Columbus. That is why he is not on the Springfield roster. I have not heard an update on how bad it is or any timetable on his return.

Adam Pineault asked for his release to be with his wife while she grows through a bone marrow transplant. Thoughts are with them both, surgery is tomorrow.

I do believe the Jackets have given us quality players for this season. Did Atkinson making the Jackets hurt us, probably, but he beat Kubalik out, so we get Kubalik instead. Congrats to Cam of course. Hoepfully Springfield fans realize, we are not the top priority, the NHL affiliate is. Just saying. I think now that Giroux has been assigned, Falcons fans will step away from the ledge.

Opening weekend is tomorrow. Both games are on the road. I will be at the game in Albany Saturday and will post a recap that night or Sunday.
Yikes. Hope things go well for the Pineaults.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
  #73
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
The Dispatch had this in early July:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...y_in_need.html

Quote:
This space is typically reserved for breaking Blue Jackets news, analysis or opinion, but there are moments when all of that seems so trivial, when we're reminded that the organization and those who follow it are all part of the same humanity.

This is one of those times. Adam Pineault, the Blue Jackets' second-round draft pick (No. 46 overall) in 2004 and guy who wore the sweater three times in the 2007-08 season, needs all the help you can provide.

Monique Pineault, Adam's wife of three years, went the emergency room in early June with what the Pineaults suspected was a flu or a virus. Two days later, on June 6, Monique Pineault was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, a rare form of cancer.

"You get news like that, and it just knocks you for a loop," Adam told The Dispatch. "But we're fighting it. We're strong and fighting. Monique is young and healthy, and that's really going to help."

Treatments are underway and the early signs have been positive, Adam said. But this could be a long road for Monique, and it won't be cheap.

After two seasons in the Czech Elite League, Pineault is hoping to sign a free agent contract with an NHL club. Even a likely two-way contract (NHL/AHL) would provide the couple health insurance to defray the costs, but that coverage doesn't begin until Oct. 1.

As it stands, the Pineaults are forced to pay for the treatments out of pocket, to the tune of $1,000 or more per week. (Keep in mind, Pineault has played all of three NHL games in his career. He's a pro athlete, yes, but he's not making major-league money.)

"It's a tough time right now," Adam Pineault said. "And my dad is fighting cancer, so it's kind of a double-whammy."

If you'd like to help, send a donation to the Monique Pineault Foundation, 280 Ch Saint Charles North, Saint Charles, New Brunswick, Canada, E4W4S9. Or you can contact the family at mpineaultfoundation@yahoo.com.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
  #74
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Any ideas on possibles lines/D pairs?
I think the lines will look like this.

St. Pierre - Giroux / Kubalik
Byers - Drazenovic - Bass
Gabriel - Joudrey - Mair
MacLeod - Thomas - Bogosian/Garlock

Defense

A little hard to decide right now, but i'll take a crack at it

Holden - Prout
Moore - Regner
Goloubef - Blomqvist
Delisle

Goaltenders

York
Dainton

I think either can start, depends on who is playing well.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 08:13 PM
  #75
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
I think the lines will look like this.

St. Pierre - Giroux / Kubalik
Byers - Drazenovic - Bass
Gabriel - Joudrey - Mair
MacLeod - Thomas - Bogosian/Garlock

Defense

A little hard to decide right now, but i'll take a crack at it

Holden - Prout
Moore - Regner
Goloubef - Blomqvist
Delisle

Goaltenders

York
Dainton

I think either can start, depends on who is playing well.
Thanks

Looks pretty solid.

Really appreciate the info you pass along.

Roadman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.