HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lee gets the shaft...ready for playing some hockey!

Old
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Well,

That's disappointing

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
1. Scouts can't evaluate a player that isn't playing.

2. I recently said Brian Lee may be the first player traded, because Kuba may not be realistic. But I don't know what this is addressing against my argument. A scout can't evaluate a player that isn't playing, had Lee been playing earlier in the season, he'd have been picked up off waivers (because he played like an NHLer). If Ottawa had let him play, they may not have seen a reason to put him on waivers. See?
Lee has been in the NHL now for a few yrs, admittedly he hasn't had a lot of exposure but he did play 50 some games last yr didn't he? How many games do they need to evaluate him? He also played the yr before that, I'm not sure how many games & in the preseason & in today's world there is all kinds of video available as well. He wasn't picked off waivers I think because he had another yr on his contract, IMO most teams like the remainder of the season only left on a contract to take a guy who is boderline, no extra yrs. It will be interesting to see what happens to him but I think there are better and/or tougher players in the organization behind him who will eventually push him out.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

If Garrioch has led me to believe something other than the truth it would be the first time

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:41 PM
MatthewT

If Kuba can't crack a top 6 on one of the so called "worst teams this year", then good luck moving him. Sad reality

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
If Kuba can't crack a top 6 on one of the so called "worst teams this year", then good luck moving him. Sad reality
The worst player on a good team is noticed much less for his gaffes than the worst player on a bad team.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Minister of Offence

[QUOTE=aragorn;37538327]Lee has been in the NHL now for a few yrs, admittedly he hasn't had a lot of exposure but he did play 50 some games last yr didn't he? How many games do they need to evaluate him? He also played the yr before that, I'm not sure how many games & in the preseason & in today's world there is all kinds of video available as well. He wasn't picked off waivers I think because he had another yr on his contract, IMO most teams like the remainder of the season only left on a contract to take a guy who is boderline, no extra yrs. It will be interesting to see what happens to him but I think there are better and/or tougher players in the organization behind him who will eventually push him out.[/QUOTE]

He bounced up and down for several seasons, so no he didn't get enough constant exposure to league to establish himself. The first time he got to play enough and get comfortable in the league was last season, the first time. But even then, he got to a much higher level last year then he had ever played with...he was in Bingo a lot two years ago and he came up a couple times late...I remember everytime thinking, "why does this guy keep getting sent down?". He wasn't great, but he was young, cheap and he could keep up and move the puck to the forwards without any problems. A quality skater.

He wasn't picked off waivers because the last time scouts had evaluated him for more than one or two games at a time was when he was bouncing up and down from the AHL and all they knew about him was that he hadn't lived up to the draft position...and back in 2005 most people weren't nearly as high on him as Muckler's guys apparently were. They had no way of evaluating him, and he had an extra year...

If you think he just suddenly turned a corner when he started playing after the benching last year, and that had he played all year he wouldn't have played well enough to get picked up off waivers...well I don't know what to tell you, I strongly disagree. I thought he deserved to be on the ice since a couple years ago.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

This season so needs to start already.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Is it gonna get easier around here or harder?

It's almost certainly gonna get stupider here.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:

At least we'll get stupid over actual recent events.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
I've been counting down the hours/minutes/seconds until puck drop at the Joe since Sunday.........I'm pretty excited, more so then recent years it seems.

I'm also refusing to watch any of HNIC tonight as well, the first NHL game I see this year has to be the Sens.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
At least we'll get stupid over actual recent events.
Hmmmm

Old
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Droc
Classless

Its early, no reason not to think Lee wont get his chances in games to come.

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Its early, no reason not to think Lee wont get his chances in games to come.
Actually I'm not even sure it's certain he won't play tomorrow. But yes, if he's sitting it's probably not long time.

Kuba has to play to start at least, that's a privilege his contract pretty well affords him.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Sucks for Lee. Guy has been playing well. But if it means Rundblad gets more time so be it. I'm just pissed Kuba sees any time over Lee.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
This post makes no sense. This is as good as he gets? If so, that's still good enough to be playing regular minutes in the NHL. And it's ridiculous to argue that this is his maxed out potential. He's 24.
Yes, that is as good as he gets, maybe another 5% higher at best. To quote Mike Eastwood "he is what he is"...he is Jamie Rivers, Patrick Traverse, a fringe NHLer who can sub for injury and not much else.

This is a very polarizing issue for many. He is either loved or unloved. I don't see any hockey sense or shot. he cabn play shutdown? Who the hell has he ever "shutdown"? What a joke, and to be compared to someone who has actually shut people down over the years like Phillips is even sadder...the depths of how much people love their prospects.

He is at or near his ceiling, he will never, EVER, be in the top four, he is a 6-7 and that is no bad thing. The thing is - he won't win you a game...Rundblad will.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Philoops
Summer Can Distract

Nothing against Kuba, he used to be half decent but lost his confidence. Nonetheless, I would be happy if Ottawa just bought out his contract.

Philoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Yes, that is as good as he gets, maybe another 5% higher at best. To quote Mike Eastwood "he is what he is"...he is Jamie Rivers, Patrick Traverse, a fringe NHLer who can sub for injury and not much else.

This is a very polarizing issue for many. He is either loved or unloved. I don't see any hockey sense or shot. he cabn play shutdown? Who the hell has he ever "shutdown"? What a joke, and to be compared to someone who has actually shut people down over the years like Phillips is even sadder...the depths of how much people love their prospects.

He is at or near his ceiling, he will never, EVER, be in the top four, he is a 6-7 and that is no bad thing. The thing is - he won't win you a game...Rundblad will.
Why is anyone even comparing him to Rundblad? Makes no sense! Phillips won't win us any games either but he sure as hell can help. Lee needs to at least be given a real chance this season.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Nothing against Kuba, he used to be half decent but lost his confidence. Nonetheless, I would be happy if Ottawa just bought out his contract.
I wonder if they are considering it. Clearly to begin the season they have to see how he plays...have to give him a chance to develop some value. Slim chance.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
coladin

I'm sure he'll get his chance. I think that the coaching staff have figured him out. He is a known quantity and whether that means they can depend on him or pass him over...we'll see.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:

Glad I'm not the only who noticed the average IQ drops by 20 once the GDTs start rolling.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
coladin

Quote:
Why is anyone even comparing him to Rundblad? Makes no sense! Phillips won't win us any games either but he sure as hell can help. Lee needs to at least be given a real chance this season.
I'm not. It's either him or Rundblad...is it not?

Old
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
enbridgeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
There's a better chance of him winning the Norris than that happening...
Norris is rookie of the year.

enbridgeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
Glad I'm not the only who noticed the average IQ drops by 20 once the GDTs start rolling.
The douchebaggery from the regulars seems to trend upwards as well.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:50 PM
ChiassonTale

This is a terrible decision if it comes to pass. Lee has earned a spot with his play both last year and in the preseason.

It's a terrible message to send when the coaches are claiming they will hold the players accountable. Kuba plays terribly for more than a year and just slides into the top 4? Meanwhile Lee puts in extra hours at the gym, works hard, improves his game and outplays Kuba by a fair margin. He sits.

Based on their play, Kuba or Rundblad should be on popcorn row way before Lee.

ChiassonTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
The douchebaggery from the regulars seems to trend upwards as well.
slightly ot, but why did you change your name CPM?...

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote