HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#1|Oct 6, 2011|Flyers at Bruins|7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Is it because Shelley and Lappy are still on the cap?
I believe they are.

10-06-2011, 09:51 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Is it because Shelley and Lappy are still on the cap?
Even if they place Lappy on LTIR, and send Rinaldo down, it still comes up a little short. They may have to wait some time if they want to bring him up. Every day that goes by his Cap charge get's smaller. Unless they want to do something else. But after tonight, I don't see them changing the lineup right now.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
I will cry if Shelley ever gets back into the lineup
He can't fight. He can't move. He can barely use his stick, and he's dumb as a brick. Literal definition of cap waste. Homer was smart enough to send down Schenn to help carve off some of his cap, and he refuses to send down a player that played 6:10 on average a game.

Also, VanS, even with Schenn's lower cap, we can't even send down Couturier to being up Schenn then. Schenn would be trapped in the AHL ALL YEAR. I guess that's what you want?

I don't think I've been this angry with the Shelley signing... Because of him, we can't have both Schenn and Rinaldo up. **** HIM.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Gert B Frobe

Versus and the NHL network's coverage tonight has been pretty nauseating. I understand that Boston raised their banner tonight and that's probably the 2nd best story next to Crosby's pudding head of course. But MY GOD - you would think that the Bruins gave the game away as a gift.

Marchand walked around Pronger but not Bryzgalov and the announcers/analysts go NUTS about how great Marchand is and Pronger got embarassed. Meanwhile Giroux makes Chara look stupid and scores a beautiful goal and it seemed like all the talking heads were disappointed.

I don't think there's anything to worry about with Pronger and Briere. Timonen looked slow. Hartnell is going to be a problem. He has that NTC, makes too much money and is clearly not the player that Simmonds is. It's only 1 game but I don't see how Hartnell will ever get on the PP again. I don't see how he deserves top 6 minutes either - all as a result of the younger, faster, better version named Simmonds.

I absolutely love the 4th line. Imagine three guys that can actually skate. When Betts and Shelley were both in the lineup - they were one of if not the worst damn line in the league. They would give up multiple scoring chances in 7 minutes of ice time.

Couturier is going to be an extremely good player - and sooner than we imagine. I think he has to stay up - what more can he gain from another season of juniors except some size and strength? He can get bigger while in the NHL - with better practices, harder games, better strength training and nutrition, etc...

Last edited by Gert B Frobe: 10-06-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Good:

Bryzgalov
Giroux
Voracek
Couturier
Talbot
Simmonds

Bad:

Pronger
Timonen
Hartnell
Briere

I don't think there's anything to worry about with Pronger and Briere. Timonen looked slow. Hartnell is going to be a problem. He has that NTC, makes too much money and is clearly not the player that Simmonds is. It's only 1 game but I don't see how Hartnell will ever get on the PP again. I don't see how he deserves top 6 minutes either - all as a result of the younger, faster, better version named Simmonds.

I absolutely love the 4th line. Imagine three guys that can actually skate. When Betts and Shelley were both in the lineup - they were one of if not the worst damn line in the league. They would give up multiple scoring chances in 7 minutes of ice time.

Couturier is going to be an extremely good player - and sooner than we imagine. I think he has to stay up - what more can he gain from another season of juniors except some size and strength? He can get bigger while in the NHL - with better practices, harder games, better strength training and nutrition, etc...
Timonen? He had a very good game....

Old
10-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Prongo
Beer

Am I the only person here that Schenn in the AHL isn't a bad thing at all?? Gonna be logging a lot of minutes and maybe the Flyers realized he needed just a little more seasoning before the big game. Giroux did the same thing, Schenn comes up at the mid point and we have our deadline acquisition right there. Some players are ready to immediately step into the game and others take time to develop and mature, Schenn just might need a little more time.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Not sure what's with all the Kimmo hate. He had a brain fart in the 1st, but most of the reason he wasn't looking up to par was because of being paired with Pronger.

Old
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Good:

Bryzgalov
Giroux
Voracek
Couturier
Talbot
Simmonds

Bad:

Pronger
Timonen
Hartnell
Briere

Timonen was fantastic, and probably the reason we won the game.

Old
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Am I the only person here that Schenn in the AHL isn't a bad thing at all?? Gonna be logging a lot of minutes and maybe the Flyers realized he needed just a little more seasoning before the big game. Giroux did the same thing, Schenn comes up at the mid point and we have our deadline acquisition right there. Some players are ready to immediately step into the game and others take time to develop and mature, Schenn just might need a little more time.
Think, too, of the residual benefits to a player like Wellwood to have a quality centre like Schenn to play with.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:01 PM
drownedsailors

I'm SO happy we ruined their banner night...ahhhh

Old
10-06-2011, 10:01 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
He can't fight. He can't move. He can barely use his stick, and he's dumb as a brick. Literal definition of cap waste. Homer was smart enough to send down Schenn to help carve off some of his cap, and he refuses to send down a player that played 6:10 on average a game.

Also, VanS, even with Schenn's lower cap, we can't even send down Couturier to being up Schenn then. Schenn would be trapped in the AHL ALL YEAR. I guess that's what you want?

I don't think I've been this angry with the Shelley signing... Because of him, we can't have both Schenn and Rinaldo up. **** HIM.
The Flyers can send Couturier back to Juniors any time they want. Schenn isn't trapped in the AHL. They can bring him up anytime they want. All they have to do is decide what moves they want to make. Shelley on the team isn't stopping the Flyers from doing anything. look at the talent on this roster?

Old
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Courturier had 14 minutes tonight.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Think, too, of the residual benefits to a player like Wellwood to have a quality centre like Schenn to play with.
Yes great point Bernie! I really like Wellwood and think he could be a good 4th to 3rd line energy guy that can create with his speed and provide some energy. Everyone here complains about Schenn not being on the team, Holmgren was a scout before wasnt he? Maybe he sees something in his game he really wants him to work on. I could be wrong and they could waive Shelley and place Lappy on LTIR next week, but the time in the A won't hurt Schenn

Old
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
The Flyers can send Couturier back to Juniors any time they want. Schenn isn't trapped in the AHL. They can bring him up anytime they want. All they have to do is decide what moves they want to make. Shelley on the team isn't stopping the Flyers from doing anything. look at the talent on this roster?
Having him on the ****ing roster prevents us from being better, such as having both Schenn AND Couturier on the team at the same time. I hope Lavy never plays Shelley and gets Homer to waive his sorry ****ing ass...

Old
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Courturier had 14 minutes tonight.
2nd most PK mins behind Talbot. And out there in the final minute. He played well. Looked kinda slow, but kept up with/led the play all night.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:05 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Here's to the 1-0 club

Old
10-06-2011, 10:05 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

We did get SMOKED on faceoffs though. Doubled up. Same ole same ole

Old
10-06-2011, 10:06 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
I'm SO happy we ruined their banner night...ahhhh
You didnt ruin anything, I think every fan is content with having a stanley cup over a 1-0 record.

But yeah. It was a good game, Giroux was amazing, Bryz looked good.

There ya go

Old
10-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Snipsnap12

The penalty kill looked amazing, and the fourth line finally has some skill and speed, and is capable of controlling play in the offensive zone

Old
PointL00kout

Awesome way to start the season.

Old
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
No you are not. When the kid is ready for the show then bring him up. I was really impressed with Sean's play. For being 18 he did not look intimidated at all. This team has some mad skills and speed. The future is bright in the Delaware Valley

Old
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Here's to the 1-0 club
Fo'shizzle my nizzle

Old
10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
You didnt ruin anything, I think every fan is content with having a stanley cup over a 1-0 record.

But yeah. It was a good game, Giroux was amazing, Bryz looked good.

There ya go
I hear you,but what was up with the empty seats?

Old
10-06-2011, 10:11 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
The other thread is now open for comments -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=999397

Closed Thread