HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think Kriss has a point when the poster he's quoted says he dislikes a player when acquired, but then gets mad when he's moved. Likewise, the said poster liked for the GM to acquire a player and when he was acquired he still laughs at management.

Also, I'd love to see all these giveaways gauthier has done in 2 years.
Seriously? How is Dustin Boyd and Dan Ellis doing for us? Ramo? Bournival is years away (lately, we are always 3 years away from the Cup......every year). Festerling? Drew MacIntyre? (oops, sorry, we have Budaj!!!!!!!!!) Dawes? Sopel? Wisniewski?

Kriss E, that last remark does not even dignify a response.

Old
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
sammy d

Stop the whining already about previous trades, its getting sickening. Pretty dam easy to criticize a year or two after the fact, hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it? Of course I'm pretty sure when they are making the trades that they don't have a crystal ball that predicts what the players will be like in a year or two. Hit and miss, the same for every GM, show me a GM that hasn;t made a mistake. At least we're competitive, would you whiners rather we have a GM like Florida, Toronto or Atlanta has had the past few years?

Old
10-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

I was wondering why Engqvist was hanging around until I read about the injuries. This might be the last taste of the NHL he'll ever get.

Old
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Seriously? How is Dustin Boyd and Dan Ellis doing for us? Ramo? Bournival is years away (lately, we are always 3 years away from the Cup......every year). Festerling? Drew MacIntyre? (oops, sorry, we have Budaj!!!!!!!!!) Dawes? Sopel? Wisniewski?

besides wiz, none of these guys are in the nhl, some in the KHL and some don't even have contracts. and anybody with a good calculator can see that we couldn't afford to keep wiz.

now you can debate the merit of markov vs wiz, but there is no way we could afford to keep both.

and come on, you're mad we traded a bunch of scrubs for more scrubs? the only 'giveaway' goat did that pops into my head right now is Skost and he really wasn't working out here, it happens. plus, do the fun exercise of inserting him in our top 9, who's spot does he take? the only upgrade i'd see is over desharnais on the third line and even then i wouldn't switch them.

Old
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Et le But

The problem is a lot of fans (assuming they aren't just trolls) are so obsessed with every little mistake the team makes they don't have time to focus on the same details when other teams do the same thing, because it's impossible to profit from every asset in this sport.

All they would have to do is go to other teams forums or blogs and realize that every GM in the league except Gauthier isn't perfect. Holmgren might be a genius who duped the Habs to avoid paying a guy 7k who might miss a game or two with a lower body injury, but not all Flyers fans are happy they gave up a penalty killer for nothing to make room for Jody Shelly.

Two teams gave away Grabner for nothing, at least the Habs tried to get something out of most of their prospects. Plenty of other players were given up on only to develop elsewhere. But unfortunately the truth doesn't fit the agenda of some people.

Old
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

For these players that are elswhere and hyaving success that you obsess with, there are players that we got and didn't have to give up anything to get or got very cheap(asset wise)...Gorges Pacioretty Cole Diaz Cammalleri Gionta Gill Berger Desharnais Campoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The problem is a lot of fans (assuming they aren't just trolls) are so obsessed with every little mistake the team makes they don't have time to focus on the same details when other teams do the same thing, because it's impossible to profit from every asset in this sport.

All they would have to do is go to other teams forums or blogs and realize that every GM in the league except Gauthier isn't perfect. Holmgren might be a genius who duped the Habs to avoid paying a guy 7k who might miss a game or two with a lower body injury, but not all Flyers fans are happy they gave up a penalty killer for nothing to make room for Jody Shelly.

Two teams gave away Grabner for nothing, at least the Habs tried to get something out of most of their prospects. Plenty of other players were given up on only to develop elsewhere. But unfortunately the truth doesn't fit the agenda of some people.
Even Detroit they got very little(or nothing) for guys like Leino, Fleischmann, Matthias, Ritola, Quincey and Kopecky.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-06-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: merged
Old
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
As far as winning/ losing trades and FA's leaving and coming. For every deal you can say for the most part one team wins and one loses, very rarely, both teams lose or both win. So if your team wins half the time or more your doing just fine IMO. When FA leave and another is brought in sometimes we get the better guy but sometimes not, lately we have been getting better FA's some stay some don't no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
For these players that are elswhere and hyaving success that you obsess with, there are players that we got and didn't have to give up anything to get or got very cheap(asset wise)...Gorges Pacioretty Cole Diaz Cammalleri Gionta Gill Berger Desharnais Campoli.

Hey c'mon man, no logic allowed!

Old
10-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point again.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point again.

You call yourself a die hard fan that simply is upset that management wastes ''assets'' like Maxwell + 4th for Sopel and Dawes, instead of understanding why that trade was done.
You don't like management. You have a clear and bias opinion of them. At least live up to it.

Would you have rather we kept our 2nd round pick, Maxwell +4th, 5th, Lapierre, etc..and just see where our team would have went? Or would you have preferred doing that so you can then turn around and say ''Bahh, Gauthier is as passive as Gainey, he doesn't do anything and just let's the team burn down instead of trades''.

As I said, you can tell yourself whatever you want, but a true die hard fan imo, sees the good in his team, instead of focusing on the bad, especially when things are actually improving. If you are blinded by your frustration of waiting 18years without a cup, then you start losing it and can't even recognize improvement, which is where you are at, my friend.
When you start whining about what we give up for MacIntyre, Sopel or Dawes, you're not just focusing on the bad, you are zooming in on it big time.
Either let go of the past, or realize you are extremely frustrated, bias and incapable of constructively criticizing your team.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Stop the whining already about previous trades, its getting sickening. Pretty dam easy to criticize a year or two after the fact, hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it? Of course I'm pretty sure when they are making the trades that they don't have a crystal ball that predicts what the players will be like in a year or two. Hit and miss, the same for every GM, show me a GM that hasn;t made a mistake. At least we're competitive, would you whiners rather we have a GM like Florida, Toronto or Atlanta has had the past few years?
You left out Detroit, Pittsburgh and Boston.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Looking really bad as far as Campoli is concerned. Was seen on crutches talking to his family.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Looking really bad as far as Campoli is concerned. Was seen on crutches talking to his family.
That's too bad. Let's hope it's a precaution.

I guess we will get a chance to see Emelin.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Gary320

Seriously what BAD LUCK we have with injuries.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
habsrule22

With the way DD played tonight, hope Eller is back soon

Old
10-06-2011, 09:45 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Topic needs update: Eller is cleared for contact.

Old
10-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Bryson

from now on habs should just automatically forfeit games against toronto unless they want to lose their entire roster to injuries.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Source?

Old
10-06-2011, 10:09 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Source?
WTFpineapple is Lars Eller. You didn't know this?

Old
10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Hope that's true!

Old
10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Why would anyone regret not having Woywitka? Easy come, easy go, since the Habs picked him up as another team's reject. It's like driving along and seeing an old sofa left on the curb. There are limits to how many players can dress for a game, how many there can be on a roster, and how many a team can have in its organization. I predict that Woywitka won't finish the season in a Ranger uniform. If he does, it'll mean the Rangers are in deep trouble.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:53 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Prediction: Campoli done for the year. Based on his post game comments, I'd say its likely.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Prediction: Campoli done for the year. Based on his post game comments, I'd say its likely.
Damn. I hope you are wrong. He was one of the bright spots on D tonight.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:09 PM
yoteshot

They just said on Sportsnet that Campoli was out 3 weeks with hamstring injury.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:20 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
At least we'll get a chance to see Yemelin, or pardon me, Emelin in. I liked Campoli, though.

Just eager to see one of Darche or Desharnais being replaced by Eller.

Old
10-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Huge thank-you for your post, yoteshot. Phew!! (after reading waffledave's post about his feeling that Campoli may be out for the entire season, only based on how Campoli spoke after the game...don't scare me like that, even though it was just a feeling! makes me think waffledave's not a Hab fan!!).

3 weeks is peanuts. Campoli will heal a 100% and stay in shape in the meantime...he could end up being a solid top 4 dman for us (#5 at worst)...really like him with Gorges. Great acquisition (didn't have to give up a 2nd Rnd Draft Pick).

Diaz was solid tonight (reminded me of a good, younf Rafalski out there).
Diaz played like a young veteran out there, imo. Good defensively (smart), and created offensive chances by putting it on the net even through traffic.
Coach Martin knows what he's doing...by putting Diaz out there.

Gill - Subban
Emelin - Gorges (or Gorges - Weber?)
Spacek- Diaz
?
no more Woywitka? Rangers

Next game?:
Moen- Betts - Weber

Closed Thread