HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Riding the hot Goalie

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2005, 06:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Whoever plays against Buffalo is gonna see a boatload of shots... Buffalos had a real good start and they lead the league in shots on goal per game. Whoever the start goes to will see a lot of shots, and either get hot off of it or crumble. I predict theyll start Weekes so he can shake off the bad game (hopefully) and start Lundqvist against the Isles on Thursday, cause Weekes was just plain horrible againts them and Lundqvist needs revenge from the SOL.

Old
10-21-2005, 11:07 PM
bmoak

Lundqvist has never played more than 42 games in a regular season. He has apparently never plaed in back-to-back games. The SEL schedule heis used to is much less rigourous than the NHL schedule (no 3 games in 4 nights in Sweden) and involved much less travel.

If Henke gets 35-45 starts, I'm perfectly happy.

Old
10-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
weekes is the starter?

Old
10-22-2005, 01:00 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
weekes is the starter?
That's what Renney says.

Old
10-22-2005, 06:40 AM
AndersEriksson*

Start Weekes cause every game he plays, Lundqvist is closer to being #1

Old
10-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Petey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
Three win's in a row and two over-time losses, for me, is a hot goalie; considering he's on the Rangers. It's better than 1-2-0-1 that Weeke's is currently gloating about.
I wouldn't use wins to determine if a goalie is hot or not, rather his save percentage and GAA. The number of wins depend so much on what the teammates are doing out there.

Here's a scenario:

1. Goalie X makes 45 saves, allows one goal, and his team loses 1-0.

2. Goalie Y makes 14 saves, allows three goals and his team wins 4-3.

Which one is hotter?

But Henke has BOTH more wins AND a better save percentage and GAA than Weekes right now, so it's a no-brainer really.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Fletch

Neither are hotter...

that's a one game scenario. Hot needs to be defined over several games, call it 4, 5 or 6 - it is a subjective term.

And it's not a no-brainer. Renney, hopefully, has a plan for Henke. Whether it's to get him in 30 games, 20 games or 40 games, he has a plan (and we do not have to agree with it or know it). He knows Henke is the future, and may be the franchise, but he still needs to find out both, and to what extent. He's not going to get stuck having Henke shouldering the load and taking on all the pressure, especially in October. It may be in his best interest to get Weekes going so he has two competent goalies from which to chose. Weekes is better than his Islanders outing - and those first two goals are tough to take so early in the game. He'll bounce back.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Peter The Great

Hehe, it's fun to read this.

Quite a lot of swedish posters following Lundqvists career in New York.

What can I say, he impressived HEAVILY in Sweden, especially last year when he simply was outstanding.

Above 90 procent in save procentage is his normal game, get used to it.

When he is hot is like now around 95 procent.

Lundqvist simply has superstar potential. It's so fun and exciting for us swedes following his career. I'm glad he is playing for NYR, because I like the fans in New York very much.

and please stop talking about Lundqvist as a rookie. We had quite a lot of NHLers last season in Sweden (even goalies) and Lundqvist outplayed them all.

I can't express it in english... He is new in the NHL but no damn rookie.

Jagr himself said recently that it's simply ridicolous calling Lundqvist a rookie. (Because Jagr knows how dominating Lundqvist has been playing in Europe.)

Also, Lundqvist is VERY strong mentally, strong self confidence. He knows his capacity as an athlete and a goalie, he is smart and the women loves him.

Don't be to afraid of putting some preassure on him. Believe me, he will survive.

Closed Thread