HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Winter handcuffing Lowe?

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 05:28 PM
IceDragoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar
If we want to parse the English language for a while your comment was

"His agent said it for him. So, within the terms of his 'confidentiality agreement' , he has said he won't sign."

My quote of a quote was "The chances of Mike Comrie playing for the Oilers is zero"

I don't see the word "sign" anywhere in that comment.
OK... Even tho, the rules of the english language can be manipulated. I will concede that you are correct, in that the word 'play' does not have the same meaning as the word 'sign'.

However, since we're dealing with the rules of NHL hockey, I am also correct. To 'play', he must 'sign'. And if he 'signs', he must 'play' for the team that holds that signature.

We have a win - win situation, so let's quit while we're both ahead.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:03 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
OK... Even tho, the rules of the english language can be manipulated. I will concede that you are correct, in that the word 'play' does not have the same meaning as the word 'sign'.

However, since we're dealing with the rules of NHL hockey, I am also correct. To 'play', he must 'sign'. And if he 'signs', he must 'play' for the team that holds that signature.

We have a win - win situation, so let's quit while we're both ahead.
Well said

Old
10-26-2003, 07:35 PM
riles

The latest thing i heard wasn't a problem with base salary (around 1.8-2.0) , but Comrie wanted the same bonus structure, something Lowe wants no part of.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by riles
The latest thing i heard wasn't a problem with base salary (around 1.8-2.0) , but Comrie wanted the same bonus structure, something Lowe wants no part of.
I read at Spectors that Comrie wanted $4M plus bonuses. Remind me, does Mike Comrie have a concussion.