HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
10-05-2011, 12:57 AM
ashtraygirl

vCash: 500
apparently Brisebois spoke about Mike Ribeiro's departure on Le Match tonight. Did anyone catch what he said?

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:01 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtraygirl View Post
apparently Brisebois spoke about Mike Ribeiro's departure on Le Match tonight. Did anyone catch what he said?
Said that Koivu and Ribs werent the best friends of the world, what we all know, but doesnt think it was the main reason Ribs got traded, mostly off ice issue..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Said that Koivu and Ribs werent the best friends of the world, what we all know, but doesnt think it was the main reason Ribs got traded, mostly off ice issue..
His off-ice issues were SERIOUS. I actually know what he, Dagenais and Theodore were capable of threw a general contractor that was invited at one of their parties during their time together in Montreal. Let's just put it this way, Theodore could not manage the pressure in Montreal and Ribeiro would of been a superstar if he had didicated more time in training and focus.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:37 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
His off-ice issues were SERIOUS. I actually know what he, Dagenais and Theodore were capable of threw a general contractor that was invited at one of their parties during their time together in Montreal. Let's just put it this way, Theodore could not manage the pressure in Montreal and Ribeiro would of been a superstar if he had didicated more time in training and focus.
Indeed, Ribeiro had a tough time to add pounds to his frame, wasnt the hardest worker out there either.. While he has elite vision and elite passing skills, I still dont think Ribeiro has the package to be a superstar, his shot is below average, his speed average and is physically still overmatched.. Will put some very nice numbers this year since he is now Dallas' first line center but Im not sure his differential (+/-) will be positive, he isnt as deffensively responsible and doesnt compete as hard as a guy like Plekanec.. What happened to Ribeiro can be compared to what happened to S.Kost, alot or raw talent but the road to become a great NHLer isnt easy, you have to work pretty hard and have the right attitude to succeed.. They are not the first ones to realize it too late, til something shocking happens such a trade.. Alot of kids have to go through that process..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-05-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Stradale

The french media are still bitter that the Habs traded Ribeiro and kept Koivu. Every single time they talk about Ribiero, they have to show the video Koivu/Ribeiro altercation in practice and put the blame on Koivu for Ribeiro's departure.

When I think of Ribeiro, I remember this:

Also this:

And his vengeance on Osgood (not the most violent slash but still a stupid thing to do):

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Little by little i'm realising that Le Match is that same as L'Anti-Chambre, nothing original or insightful will come from these guys. And Morisette is pretty much a clown. Before Villeneuve left, they were starting to be innovative and do interesting things in their show but now it's just another show with guys talking non-sense. Only compared to say... the old 110% show, there's less guys to talk with. 110% had pretty much every sport journalists in the province while all Le Match has what Chicone, Brisebois, Fichaux, Laraque and, Pedneault? Brisebois may be the worst debater, he has no point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
HabsBlogger Mike Boone
Poor Benny Brunet is the Andreas Engvist of RDS. He's playing himself onto TVA Sports.
Actually it's funny he has been pretty good so far with Tremblay at his side and Tremblay too has been better. It's like they support one another and for once Brunet doesn't kiss the Habs' butts. Brunet was bad with Demers between periods, he was bad with Houde at play-by-play but as an analyst with Tremblay right now and at L'Anti-chambre he's saying what's on his mind for once and the result is good.

Last edited by overlords: 10-05-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Habs12max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Actually it's funny he has been pretty good so far with Tremblay at his side and Tremblay too has been better. It's like they support one another and for once Brunet doesn't kiss the Habs' butts. Brunet was bad with Demers between periods, he was bad with Houde at play-by-play but as an analyst with Tremblay right now and at L'Anti-chambre he's saying what's on his mind for once and the result is good.
He is not bad at all... He was actually funny. Marc denis is flavourless .

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:08 AM
otto bond

Speaking of Ribs faking it, I also saw Osgood with a great Oscar performance.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I miss Francois Gagnon and Richard Labbé.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Speaking of Ribs faking it, I also saw Osgood with a great Oscar performance.
Yeah both are pretty much idiots on that play.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
EXCLUSIF TVA SPORTS ... Carey Price aura un message social à livrer en octobre. Les images au TVA Sports 23H et le commentaire de Price.
http://twitter.com/#!/GodboutSports/...74740250697729

Well, what does it mean exactly?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
MathMan

Social message? Is he taking up Twitter? Or else is it about charity?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:56 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Carey will prolly tell us to stop chilling out at 23h cuz preseason is done and that the SEASON STARTS TOMORROW! yeaaaah!

LOL The TVA Sport exclusivity is Price is gonna show us his pink pads, glove and blocker...

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-07-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: merged
MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Indeed, Ribeiro had a tough time to add pounds to his frame, wasnt the hardest worker out there either.. While he has elite vision and elite passing skills, I still dont think Ribeiro has the package to be a superstar, his shot is below average, his speed average and is physically still overmatched.. Will put some very nice numbers this year since he is now Dallas' first line center but Im not sure his differential (+/-) will be positive, he isnt as deffensively responsible and doesnt compete as hard as a guy like Plekanec.. What happened to Ribeiro can be compared to what happened to S.Kost, alot or raw talent but the road to become a great NHLer isnt easy, you have to work pretty hard and have the right attitude to succeed.. They are not the first ones to realize it too late, til something shocking happens such a trade.. Alot of kids have to go through that process..
The problem is the city of Montreal. Kids get tell every day by tons of fans "you're good, you're the best, we love you, etc..." It's normal to get an inflated ego after that. And it's that much harder to get them to work hard and improve their weakness.

That's why Kovalev was renting against Lapierre and Latendresse (who acted like supertars).

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:19 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
The problem is the city of Montreal. Kids get tell every day by tons of fans "you're good, you're the best, we love you, etc..." It's normal to get an inflated ego after that. And it's that much harder to get them to work hard and improve their weakness.

That's why Kovalev was renting against Lapierre and Latendresse (who acted like supertars).
First, Kovalev wasnt in good posture to criticize anyone, not even the kids since he was by far the most individualist, the most selfish guy on the team.. But I understand your point, its not easy for a local players, especially the youngest ones to handle the pressure of MTL and everything coming with, especially when the leadership of your team isnt particulary good.. I think it will be easier for the kids now that the core of this team has been changed..

Old
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
holyhabs87

lol @ breezer. What an embarassment.

Leafs have a good chance to make the playoffs because he likes REIMER but the Habs might struggle because of too many questions marks and PRICE has to prove himself.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 12:00 PM
PhysicX

Don't know if any of you watched 'Le Match' yesterday after the game. One of the funniest things I've ever seen on these types of shows occurred yesterday when Laraque spoke about the #17. Everybody was so serious listening to this #17 crap. He said Brunet warned him about that number and that someone should've warned Campoli... So much fail in a minute or two, I cried of laughter with my friends listening to that part. If he's serious about the #17 'injury proneness', why take that number on the first place?

I find these shows so entertaining, but for the wrong reasons! I can't stop laughing with my friends. Brisebois and Fichaud calling Plekanec ---> Plekanex!! Hahahaha! Next game against Ottawa, should do an Asterix & Plekanex and the Romans! Or on l'Antichambre, Bergeron failing on so many levels with the French language.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Joe Cole

Anti-Chambre last night...OMG.... Bergeron is more and more like a senile old uncle you keep locked in the basement. His references to hockey are all at least 15 years old, and mostly 25 years past due.

Anyone who listens to this guy and does not identify that his opinion is worthless, well... they deserve "le Tigre".

I just got up,clicked the TV off and went to bed.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Anti-Chambre last night...OMG.... Bergeron is more and more like a senile old uncle you keep locked in the basement. His references to hockey are all at least 15 years old, and mostly 25 years past due.

Anyone who listens to this guy and does not identify that his opinion is worthless, well... they deserve "le Tigre".

Seriously, I never thought this to be possible, but Bergeron gets worse every year.
No matter how much I try, because I simply love hockey shows/discussions, I can't stay tuned on to AC for more than 5-6min.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:

Sounds like Don Cherry, but better dressed and without the penchant for violence.

Seriously, though, I don't understand why people watch shows that they know will annoy them and get them upset. Read a book, people.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Sounds like Don Cherry, but better dressed and without the penchant for violence.

Seriously, though, I don't understand why people watch shows that they know will annoy them and get them upset. Read a book, people.
AC and TVA Sports are targeting the mass and specifically designed to stir controversy. They are not trying to appease the cerebral hockey fan. It's entertainment pure and simple and all about generating ratings.

La Zone attempted to be a more intelligent show with Gagnon and Dube and had terrible ratings.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Gary320

L'Antichambre was actually good today.

Le Match was pure ****.. anyone watching it now. Who is this girl? They were laughing for 5 minutes because she said "Chinese skaters are dirty"

Oh shes a olympian skater..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:

Yeah Bergeron is awful.

I think Carbo said "Faut faire attention (You got to be careful)" at least 5 times, when Bergy was going off track with his opinions

Bergy : I've never seen any all-star forward patrolling the blueline during the PP. The only one, I can remember is Joe Sakic"

How about Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, St.Louis and a bunch of others?

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

bergy sentences consists of a verb, a noun and lafleur.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:05 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote