HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad would it have to get this season...

Old
10-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
so we are talking about this because we didn't show up for 40 mins last night?..After ONE game?..give them a chance guys this is pathetic that this is even a topic right now.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I'm far from being a fan of Martin but this is hilarious, after 1 loss and there's already a fire Martin thread.
10$ the guy had his sentence typed in at 10 to 7 yesterday eve already, was just waiting for the loss

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Fail for Nail, baby.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:53 PM
optimus2861

I'm not always on board with how Martin coaches this team, but I won't call for him to be fired nor do I seriously expect it to happen. It would take something like a 8-to-10-game winless skid for the idea to be seriously considered.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
gusfring

1 game or not - no one is going to convince me that a Boucher-Yzerman combo would not be better for this organization.

I didn't like JM-PG in Ottawa and I don't like them here.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:06 PM
guest1467

Welcome to Habsland.

Population: Too many.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
1 game or not - no one is going to convince me that a Boucher-Yzerman combo would not be better for this organization.

could not agree more...

Boucher being let go by the organization was a terrible terrible decision at the time, and hindsight is only making it look worse and worse. They knew, or should have known, what they had in him given his incredible work in Hamilton, and wether it meant convincing him to stay on under Martin until 2012, or biting the bullet and replacing JM despite the eastern conference appearance, letting him go was a massive error.

Gainey not stepping aside a bit sooner to make way for Yzerman was equally foolish, and that he stepped down a few months later to let his buddy PG take over shows that nepotism, not excellence, was prioritized in the organization... nothing about PG's previous track record, nor his input as head of pro scouting while with the habs, pointed towards a guy who should be running the most storied franchise in the league... at least not if a return to excellence was the true desire.

those two decisions, and the thinking behind them, is exactly why Gainey lost my faith as a fan of the team, and reflect a organizational leadership lacking the kind of winning mentality that was once a staple of the organization.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I've never been a fan of either Gauthier and especially Martin. I'd be willing for Montreal to lose ten in a row to start the year to see Martin gone!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Bill McNeal

I hope this team loses 82 games so we can lose some of the fans.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
TheWhiteIdea

First off, this was posted BEFORE game 1.

I despise the way this organization has be run by these two, but JM especially.

Because I am not on the PG/JM express I am not a good fan? I am over-reacting, being irrational, etc etc?

Mark my words this franchise will continue down its recent path of mediocrity at best, as along as these two are running the show, there will be no Cups, there will be nothing but 4th-8th place finishes with a team that is simply not built properly to win it all.

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

X100000000.

What is next ? We don't have enough quebecois on the team ?

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
First off, this was posted BEFORE game 1.

I despise the way this organization has be run by these two, but JM especially.

Because I am not on the PG/JM express I am not a good fan? I am over-reacting, being irrational, etc etc?

Mark my words this franchise will continue down its recent path of mediocrity at best, as along as these two are running the show, there will be no Cups, there will be nothing but 4th-8th place finishes with a team that is simply not built properly to win it all.
I don't consider somebody who wants their team to go 0-14 to start the season because they disagree with how the team is run to be a good fan, no.

I also like how in the past the usual suspects generally called the Habs a 6th-10th place team. I guess they are improving after all.

Old
10-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Andy

Cmon guys didn't you know? Greatness is willed and it is a one shot thing. Progression doesn't exist...its either you get the guys you need or you don't. The habs GM lives in a vaccum and wtv he wills must be done and the rest of league MUST cooperate.

Our GM is so dumb that he doesn't even know he has these powers. Trades and signings are unilateral decisions. Likewise, drafting is a science and those haven't studied that science at least went out and bought a crystal ball, our gm isn't even smart enough to do that. He never uses the power of hindsight! What an idiot.

And the most important thing of all...he hates toughness, the most important aspect of hockey without it, hockey would just be soccer on ice played with sticks and players with equipment and smaller nets and different rules...our gm wants soccer on ice with sticks and smaller nets and different rules!!!!! AARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
could not agree more...

Boucher being let go by the organization was a terrible terrible decision at the time, and hindsight is only making it look worse and worse. They knew, or should have known, what they had in him given his incredible work in Hamilton, and wether it meant convincing him to stay on under Martin until 2012, or biting the bullet and replacing JM despite the eastern conference appearance, letting him go was a massive error.

Gainey not stepping aside a bit sooner to make way for Yzerman was equally foolish, and that he stepped down a few months later to let his buddy PG take over shows that nepotism, not excellence, was prioritized in the organization... nothing about PG's previous track record, nor his input as head of pro scouting while with the habs, pointed towards a guy who should be running the most storied franchise in the league... at least not if a return to excellence was the true desire.

those two decisions, and the thinking behind them, is exactly why Gainey lost my faith as a fan of the team, and reflect a organizational leadership lacking the kind of winning mentality that was once a staple of the organization.
I nominate this for post of the year.

Very, very well said.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
could not agree more...

Yzerman was never really an option, and that pisses me off as much as anybody. But I'm guessing this thread isn't the place for that powder keg.

Old
10-07-2011, 04:06 PM
neofury*

I love how some people try to paint this team as a loser mentality team with no "winners" and yet we have tons of cup winners on the team, plenty of vets and youth, Gainey won a cup as a GM. JM has been to the finals and with us conference finals.

He can't control injuries. Injuries are what make me in anyway pessimistic not the players or management of this team.

Don't try to make it sound like we have a bunch of losers. Most of our young players have won Calder, some WJC, others are just born leaders in general like Gorges.

Some of our old players have Stanley Cup rings and were a huge part of the reason why they won. I know JM doesn't have a ring but you do have to start somewhere. He's had good records considering non-high level talent in a lot of cases.

It was one game, our team came out strong lost confidence and then played like crap. Within max 10 games our team will start to gel and we'll be fine. Let Toronto have their little October cup finals. We'll be heading into the playoffs in April book it.

Anyways like I said injuries are a definite reason to be pessimistic given our situation and history but aside from that have a bit more faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I don't consider somebody who wants their team to go 0-14 to start the season because they disagree with how the team is run to be a good fan, no.

I also like how in the past the usual suspects generally called the Habs a 6th-10th place team. I guess they are improving after all.
I love how he says 4th-8th as if 4th is a bad thing or even 5th or 6th

Yeah being top 30% in the league is ****

Even if we won the cup there are some that would still try to discredit Martin and PG and be all like "we only won cause we got lucky, faced teams that are bad against us, won in spite of terrible coaching and a horrible GM, etc" I guarantee it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Isn't the bi-polar fans rule is to lose 2 straight?

we only lost 1 straight...no need to push the panic button yet...

However,

I say let's tank dis witch!!!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Cmon guys didn't you know? Greatness is willed and it is a one shot thing. Progression doesn't exist...its either you get the guys you need or you don't. The habs GM lives in a vaccum and wtv he wills must be done and the rest of league MUST cooperate.

Our GM is so dumb that he doesn't even know he has these powers. Trades and signings are unilateral decisions. Likewise, drafting is a science and those haven't studied that science at least went out and bought a crystal ball, our gm isn't even smart enough to do that. He never uses the power of hindsight! What an idiot.

And the most important thing of all...he hates toughness, the most important aspect of hockey without it, hockey would just be soccer on ice played with sticks and players with equipment and smaller nets and different rules...our gm wants soccer on ice with sticks and smaller nets and different rules!!!!! AARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH
Finally, I can honestly say that I agree with you (what I highlighted).

Under Martin, we are not progressing. His first season, we made it to the East Finals. Last year eliminated in Round 1.

And to the poster who said he hopes (and I know its tongue in cheek) we lose 82 games to get rid of some of the fans, sorry buddy. I will love the Habs whether they win all 82 or win none or somewhere in between. Habs for life.

I cannot and will not ever say the same about management/coaching when the results are not there.

Its sad when the greatest sports franchise in the world is noted only for its past historical success and its present failures.

Old
10-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Oleg Petrov

I see no way that they will win in Winnipeg on Sunday. Leaving them 2 games against relativley weak Western teams at home next week COL & CGY. If they somehow lose both those games, the panic button will have been pushed and we should expect some serious changes.

0-4 start against 4 teams that finnished below them in the standings last year.

Can you say 1995?

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
could not agree more...

Yzerman's a legend, but he's not exactly an amazing GM.. yet. There was no indication that he knew anything about being a GM. Great hockey mind =/= great GM/coach etc. I agree that we should've kept Boucher. He's excellent, but there is no way that they could fire Martin whose system led a team like the one from 2 seasons to the ECF over the champions and President winners. It just doesn't happen for a rookie coach, no matter how good he seemed in the minors. Boucher didn't want to wait so he went for Tampa who could use a coach.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:35 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Finally, I can honestly say that I agree with you (what I highlighted).

Under Martin, we are not progressing. His first season, we made it to the East Finals. Last year eliminated in Round 1.

And to the poster who said he hopes (and I know its tongue in cheek) we lose 82 to get rid of some of the fans, sorry buddy. I will love the Habs whether they win all 82 or win none or somewhere in between. Habs for life.

I cannot and will not ever say the same about management/coaching when the results are not there.

Its sad when the greatest sports franchise in the world is noted only for its past historical success and its present failures.
Would you guys atleast stop posting here though? Your doom and Gloom after every loss gets old quickly. Yea we can get down after a loss, its natural but these dumb threads that want people fired and want a new team after 1 game make Hf a joke to read now. Its like Clockwork, after every loss you are going to see the toughness thread being bumped and some anti PG and JM tirade. Yawn.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Yzerman's a legend, but he's not exactly an amazing GM.. yet. There was no indication that he knew anything about being a GM. Great hockey mind =/= great GM/coach etc. I agree that we should've kept Boucher. He's excellent, but there is no way that they could fire Martin whose system led a team like the one from 2 seasons to the ECF over the champions and President winners. It just doesn't happen for a rookie coach, no matter how good he seemed in the minors. Boucher didn't want to wait so he went for Tampa who could use a coach.
Funny part is if they did and then we sucked people would be complaining that we fired Martin who took us to the ECF.

Really no way you can win with certain fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Would you guys atleast stop posting here though? Your doom and Gloom after every loss gets old quickly. Yea we can get down after a loss, its natural but these dumb threads that want people fired and want a new team after 1 game make Hf a joke to read now. Its like Clockwork, after every loss you are going to see the toughness thread being bumped and some anti PG and JM tirade. Yawn.
Its really gotten to an all time low since the preseason. Can't we play 10 regular season games before we have panic stricken fans going crazy. Last I checked putting the team down prematurely doesn't make them win games and it most certainly doesn't change anything or make you look good down the road if and when the team succeeds. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Funny part is some people took this post ^ seriously.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Gauthier should be fired regardless of the result. If the team is in the bottom of the conference come all star weekend we will likely see JM get fired, but I don't anticipate that. Its unlikely Gauthier gets fired even though he totally botched the team this past summer.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:11 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post

Oh, OK. I apologize.

Jacques Martin is the best coach in the NHL. He inspired the team last night to rise above adversity and we would have won the game had it not been for the goalposts sitting a milimeter out of kilter which caused the puck to bounce out instead of going in.

I also think that Martin made all of the right personnel moves last night and Plekanec should stay on the PP point all year.

I am also thankful that Gauthier stocked this team with the best of the best in the NHL.

Thanks for pointing out my errant ways.

Old
10-07-2011, 05:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Oh, OK. I apologize.

Jacques Martin is the best coach in the NHL. He inspired the team last night to rise above adversity and we would have won the game had it not been for the goalposts sitting a milimeter out of kilter which caused the puck to bounce out instead of going in.

I also think that Martin made all of the right personnel moves last night and Plekanec should stay on the PP point all year.

I am also thankful that Gauthier stocked this team with the best of the best in the NHL.

Thanks for pointing out my errant ways.
Is your life really that black and white? You only go to extremes on either side? I'm asking you and your fellow knee jerk arm chair gms to become a little more levelheaded. ITS ONE GAME, MY GOD. Did you know half the teams in the nhl lose game 1? I know it seems like its only us but its actually happens to a lot of teams. Give it a few more games please. You know the leafs started 4-0 last year? So much for that.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote