HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ Columbus Blue Jackets 6pm CDT

Old
10-08-2011, 12:31 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
No it wasn't, nor were any of the pre-season games that I had the opportunity to listen to.
I'm in Bowling Green and I went to grab some food during 1st intermission and it was coming in fine up here on 102.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Not to be negative nelly, but man, that Hillen/Laakso pairing stunk. Also, did Hornqvist even play?
I wouldn't say that Laakso stunk, but I expected better of Hillen. However, it's only 1 game. I expect a pairing of Laakso/Ekholm tomorrow night, hopefully.

If I was Hornqvist, I wouldn't be too happy. He didn't get much playing time and wasn't in the "top 6". He'll never get very many goals on a line with Smithson.

O'Reilly/Halischuk looked fantastic. SK74 made a hell of a play to get Suter the puck for the first goal. Smith, wow. 1 dirty goal and a post. And he'll shoot from any angle. Good to have him now. Spaling is not top 6, but Fisher will fix that soon.

Boullion is cleared for contact I think, so there's another Dman that could be back really soon. What to do, what to do?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Not to be negative nelly, but man, that Hillen/Laakso pairing stunk. Also, did Hornqvist even play?
wonder if we see ekholm tomorrow

and Horns and every other forward better make the most of their minutes, methinks...

will be interesting to see if trotz juggles the lines at home when we have last change

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:42 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have to get this off my chest:

1) Atkinson is good. Offensively. Rough night for that line on the defensive end.

2) Rick Nash. Takes a lot of abuse. Dishes out a lot of abuse. Falls like a sack of bricks at the lightest touch. I'm not going to debate the penalties that he drew. They were all pretty obvious. I'm just pointing out that the guy oversold them way way too hard. Frustrating to see. Is this a trend BJ fans or just me reading too much into tonight? Again - penalties were legit, but looked like a bit of exaggeration on his part to sell the call.

3) Rinne was really really good.

4) Suter/Weber .... Honestly, what are we going to do without them? Poile has got to get this done.
he is known for taking abuse and NOT getting calls so maybe he took some acting classes hoping that that is what would earn him a couple this year.. we all saw him fly like superman when he didn't need to though, not just preds fans.

it sucks that we FINALLY (in my opinion) outplay you guys and still can't get the win. always tough to play the preds and i really hope we get moved to the east because of teams like nashville.

i can't wait to see if our powerplay is as pathetic as it has always been, even with these new additions, or if you guys just pulled a you and shut them down. tonight i think it was a combination.

good game and see you guys again, unfortunately.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

If this is the position Horny is in on the team maybe we trade him plus a d prospect for a upgrade?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
he is known for taking abuse and NOT getting calls so maybe he took some acting classes hoping that that is what would earn him a couple this year.. we all saw him fly like superman when he didn't need to though, not just preds fans.

it sucks that we FINALLY (in my opinion) outplay you guys and still can't get the win. always tough to play the preds and i really hope we get moved to the east because of teams like nashville.

i can't wait to see if our powerplay is as pathetic as it has always been, even with these new additions, or if you guys just pulled a you and shut them down. tonight i think it was a combination.

good game and see you guys again, unfortunately.
Well the Nash-Carter-Prospal line was red hot. They should pot plenty of goals for you all this year. I was also impressed with Cam Atkisson (sp?). Problem is you need more than 1 line to score. Maybe they'll split Nash and Carter after a few games and test that as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
If this is the position Horny is in on the team maybe we trade him plus a d prospect for a upgrade?
If Hornqvist is being bumped out of the top 6 then that is a great idea. His value is pretty high around the league as a more offensive Holmstrom.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:54 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well the Nash-Carter-Prospal line was red hot. They should pot plenty of goals for you all this year. I was also impressed with Cam Atkisson (sp?). Problem is you need more than 1 line to score. Maybe they'll split Nash and Carter after a few games and test that as well?

If Hornqvist is being bumped out of the top 6 then that is a great idea. His value is pretty high around the league as a more offensive Holmstrom.
they tried brassard (2nd line center with 1st line potential) on the wing with johansen (#4 overall) and mackenzie (meh) on a "3rd scoring line" as their 4th line, but they were as invisible as the 2nd line tonight.. no finishing by the home team.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

re:Hornqvist.... its just one game, and an away game at that... and he got PP time

lets just keep our depth right now before we ship him out

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:27 AM
predfan24

Quote:
I echo this sentiment. They were brutal, especially Hillen who looked ho hum, lost and confused. Laasko I felt was giving his best effort but I'm guessing he had some nerves. Obviously it's just the first game but I have a hard time seeing that pairing lasting for any length of time. If they don't improve drastically over the next few games I expect to see Ekholm and possibly Ellis or Boullion if he is ready.

Now to the good for the game: Weber and Suter are well still Weber and Suter. Pekka steals games even when he has the cold. I thought Cal O and SK74 did a good job being the playmakers tonight. Smith obviously was inches away from a two goal game. This guy is legit. Speed, Skill, Hands, Shot and willing to get his nose dirty. As he gains more experience and adjusts to the NHL game he is going to be a dandy.

Klein and Blum were good. Wilson didn't do anything exceptional but I liked seeing him hustle and using his teammates. That is a good sign. Leggy did a good job of leading by example. I do like all the youth and their tenacity but I would be lying if I didn't say I was nervous about fir the whole year.

The team was sloppy and had to be bailed out by Peks repeatly but when your opening the season on the road you don't ask how, you just ask about the results.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:30 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
re:Hornqvist.... its just one game, and an away game at that... and he got PP time

lets just keep our depth right now before we ship him out
It's not Horny's fault he is playing on essentially the 4th line with Blake and Smithson. That is just not a good looking even strength line. Not at all.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Yea it really is a great problem to have and it is really goin to show after the first injury or so. Basically what we're seeing in the current lineup. I just see Fisher taking Spalings spot centering SK74 and Erat. No knock on Spaling but he really is a bottom six player, albeit a great one, and should probably be moved back. I keep forgetting about Bergfors, thats just another piece to this giant puzzle scrambling to find his place. Who the hell knows what our lines/lineup will be by decemeber, could be anything
Off topic: when you can change your name on the 18th you should include Smith somehow. Like he is the messiah.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated

Well done, boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
It was nice having a noisy crowd, though it sucked to be drowned out at times by Section303.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Not to be negative nelly, but man, that Hillen/Laakso pairing stunk.
That seems a bit strong. They weren't in trouble that much considering that Columbus put Carter's line against them a lot, especially in the third period. And the two worst times I remember were both caused by the forwards coughing up the puck and/or getting caught up.

Sure, Laakso looked a bit nervous and Hillen made a few poor decisions, both positionally and with the puck, but I expect things to get better once we're a few games in.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:27 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
It wasn't on 102.5?
It was on their online feed.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hornqvist has always been a weak player at even strength, he only shines on the pp.

Smith looked legit and looked like our best forward. I wanted more from Wilson tonight.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
chunkbox

last nights game

as a CBJ fan i was at last nights game and i just wanted to say ...

the Nashville fans who traveled to the game were ... really loud and proud

i think that is awesome...

see you in 5 more... ( at least )

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post
as a CBJ fan i was at last nights game and i just wanted to say ...

the Nashville fans who traveled to the game were ... really loud and proud

i think that is awesome...

see you in 5 more... ( at least )
Thanks! Had a great time in Columbus. The bus is already in Indiana heading to the game tonight!

Look for a feature on the trip during the first intermission of the TV broadcast tonight. Preds sent along a videographer!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
The bus is already in Indiana heading to the game tonight!

Look for a feature on the trip during the first intermission of the TV broadcast tonight. Preds sent along a videographer!
While in Indy go Pimpslap Manning and keep him on IR.

They mentioned the feature on the broadcast BTW

How many are going??

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:39 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Thanks! Had a great time in Columbus. The bus is already in Indiana heading to the game tonight!

Dang you all left early

Old
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
While in Indy go Pimpslap Manning and keep him on IR.

They mentioned the feature on the broadcast BTW

How many are going??
There are 35 fans on the bus and we're seeing a lot of fans making the trip on their own too. Probably around 100 fans in the stands last night. More joining us in St. Louis tonight!

I was sitting next to the videographer last night, they texted him before the game to ask where we were...didn't get the text till start of 2nd intermission though. Know we were fans of the game on the telecast though!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:01 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have to get this off my chest:

1) Atkinson is good. Offensively. Rough night for that line on the defensive end. agreed[COLOR="Blue"[/COLOR]

2) Rick Nash. Takes a lot of abuse. Dishes out a lot of abuse. Falls like a sack of bricks at the lightest touch. I'm not going to debate the penalties that he drew. They were all pretty obvious. I'm just pointing out that the guy oversold them way way too hard. Frustrating to see. Is this a trend BJ fans or just me reading too much into tonight? Again - penalties were legit, but looked like a bit of exaggeration on his part to sell the call. He has played for years not getting calls, trend? Not sure yet but I'm glad they were called

3) Rinne was really really good. Very good you probaby should have been down, Atkinsons one timer, Carter backhand.

4) Suter/Weber .... Honestly, what are we going to do without them? Poile has got to get this done.
This is the question, they are your team along with Rinne, but honestly they make any goalie better

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:49 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Hornqvist has always been a weak player at even strength, he only shines on the pp.
This is what I think. We won't be a great team until Hornqvist is OUT of our top 6 and still contributing on a 3rd scoring line and shining on the PP. He is a very, very valuable piece though.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
No it wasn't, nor were any of the pre-season games that I had the opportunity to listen to.

tulsy, the games are on 102.5 not last year's 104.5. It's the new "Game" station instead of the old "Zone" station. They are on, although as mentioned above they had 20 glitches in the pre-game show.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

my thoughts as we can savor this opening night win for a few more hours....

*what an awful start. couldn't win a faceoff, couldn't get the puck out of the zone, no flow to the game. just sloppy all around. I was gonna bash 16 on his play but he redeemed himself as the game wore on. but man, 16 had trouble at the dot in the beginning of the game.

*22 on the pk. I liked it. A lot. gives him some valuea dn can utilize his speed.

*kleins play, especially in the first was real solid. threw the body, made good outlets, and was shooting the puck.

*did not like the rebounds pekka was giving up. got a little better as the game went on, but seemed to be fighting it a bit. donn't know if I am just used to playoff peks or it was the flu, or what. he seemed to settle in a wheather a few storms, including the sequence when he seemed to stop 10 shots from close range in 30 seconds.. was scary at the time to watch, but man what a treat.

*CBJ needs another color pants. when they showed nash skating away, it looked like he wet his pants.

*one thing we did well was avoiding columbus picking game. not cherry picking, but basketball picking. They seemed to do a lot of skating and stopping and the man with the puck would use him as a pick. we eemed prepared for it.

*hillen's penalty was terrible. brassard had a nice little wall built, buthis back was to the net and I can't explain why hillens stick was where it was. luckily our pk got it don.

*speaking of the pk-legwand. what a SH beast. when you hold a team to 0-5, you are doing the right things. I think the second pk was the most gorgeous pk I have seen. I don't think Columbus set up in our zone once and not only would we clear it, but you could see how frustrated they were.

*The play on Nash in the third from Suter. all world. If poile doesn't get him and weber signed up, we are in a world of hurt. I thought over the summer we would be ok, but those boys reaffirmed last night they are worth as much as they want.

*has grant clitsome taken ver as the dman with the softest slapshot in the nhl? thing looked slow and soft from the point. as many shots as he had, im kinda glad wisneiwski is an idiot.

*CBJ goal 1-we have 3 forwards deep which resulted in an odd man rush. Carter, I think gets off a good shot and pekka craps the puck and prospal slams it home. Blame the 3 forwards as none got back (unless one was a dman deep, going off memory here) and then blame pekka for letting it slip through. I know goals are gonna happen, but I'd rather him beat with hard stuff then what I percieve as softies.

*CBJ goal 2- 10 and 74 for some reason are fighting each other for the puck as they cross the blue line. in the ensuing chaos, prospol gets the puck to nash who gets off a real nice shot.

*NSH goal 1-beauty of a keeping a puck alive by 11. pass to sk, who drives the net and is 3 feet from mason. I am yelling shoot at my TV and when he passed it a slur of words that would be edited here left my mouth. I was so angry I didn't realize suter had an easy goal. I felt kinda dumb there. great vision from 74. nice finish from 20.

*NSH goal 2-Predator hockey right here. Weber with the shot, smith cleans it up. Welcome to smashville kid.

*NSH goal 3-this is why Columbus hates us. we seem to kill them at the worst time. half a minute in, 24 with a good forecheck, puck finds 16 and he makes a great pass that redeemed his night for me and 24 with the nice finish.

more later. kinda fun reliving this in my mind the morning after with some donut house chocolate glazed donut coffee off the keurig.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:13 AM
K3V1N

All three goals, absolutely beautiful!

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:30 AM
glenngineer

SK is by far the best passer on this team. Has a knack for finding the open man and putting the puck on their stick in a shooting position. He's a pretty solid playmaker right now and IMO is only going to get better. O'Reilly may be the second best playmaker as far as who to deliver the puck to. Just seems like he has a knack for that sort of thing. Glad to see him back last night and have a good game.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote