HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #2 : Kings vs. Sabres - Saturday, 10/8/’11 @ 11:00 am (FSW TV)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Game #2 : Kings vs. Sabres - Saturday, 10/8/’11 @ 11:00 am (FSW TV)

GAME #2 : Los Angeles KINGS vs. Buffalo SABRES

MATCHUP 
@
......LOS ANGELES KINGS...... ......BUFFALO SABRES......
(1-0-0 = 2 pts) (1-0-0 = 2 pts)
2nd Pacific / 4th West / 4th NHL 1st NorthEast / 1st East / 1st NHL
Won 1 StreakWon 1
1-0-0 Last 101-0-0
1-0-0 @ Home Home / Away0-0-0 @ Away
100.0 % WINNING PCT.100.0 %
3.00g = 5th GOALS PER GAME4.00g = 3rd
2.00g = 18th GOALS AGAINST1.00g = 14th
20.0% = XXth POWER PLAY PCT.50.0% = XXst
100.0% = 1st PENALTY KILL PCT.100.0% = 1st
43.3% Face-Off PCT.51.7%

Game Time : Saturday Oct./8th/2011 11:00 AM PT Location : O2 World Arena - Berlin, GERMANY
TV Broadcast : FOXSPORTS WEST (HD) : MSG-B (HD) : NHL CenterIce * (check your local area listings, black-out restrictions may apply)
Radio Broadcast : LA Kings.com Radio Player /or KTLK 1150 AM On-Line Link
Note : * (Kings Radio Pre-Game w/ Nick Nickson & Daryl Evans on 30 min before game time, and Kings Talk on after every Home Game)
FREE Online Video Streams : atdhe.net : atdhe.me : atdhe.fm : myp2p.eu : SportsBillet.eu : hockeywebcasts.com : fromsportcom.com : Yahoo Online Stream : HockeyStreams.com {Pay-Site} * (links to online feeds provided but not guaranteed to always be active or working.)

Game #2 ... Oct./ 8th/2011 1st Period 2nd Period 3rd PeriodOTTOTALS
BUFFALO SABRESXXXX0
LOS ANGELES KINGSXXXX0
= - = Game Not Started = - =
Scoreboards : NHL : CBS : Yahoo : TSN.ca : ESPN

KINGS will look to Bernier in Goal for a victory over SABRES in Berlin.

POSSIBLE ROSTER MATCH UPS

LOS ANGELES KINGS
BUFFALO SABRES
ForwardsForwards
#12 Simon Gagne - #11 Anze Kopitar ‘A’ - #14 Justin Williams #26 Thomas Vanek - #72 Luke Adam - #29 Jason Pominville
#15 Brad Richardson - #10 Mike Richards - #23 Dustin Brown ‘C’ #42 Nathan Gerbe - #9 Derek Roy - #21 Drew Stafford
#21 Scott Parse - #28 Jarret Stoll - #47 Trent Hunter #63 Tyler Ennis - #23 Villie Leino - #22 Brad Boyes
#13 Kyle Clifford - #22 Trevor Lewis - #17 Ethan Moreau #8 Cody McCormick - #28 Paul Gaustad - #36 Patrick Kaleta
{scratched} #25 Dustin Penner, #19 Kevin Westgarth {scratched} #37 Matt Ellis, #55 Jochen Hecht
Defense Defense
#33 Willie Mitchell - #8 Drew Doughty #24 Robyn Regehr - #57 Tyler Myers
#3 Jack Johnson - #7 Rob Scuderi #3 Jordan Leopold - #10 Christian Ehrhoff
#2 Matt Greene ‘A’ - #27 Alec Martinez #44 Andrej Sekera - #17 Marc-Andre Gragani
{scratched} #44 Davis Drewiske {scratched} #6 Mike Weber
Goaltending Goaltending
#32 Jonathan Quick #30 Ryan Miller {expected starter}
#45 Jonathan Bernier {expected starter} #1 Jhonas Enroth
#36 Jeff Zatkoff #?? Xxxxxxxxx

GO !!! KINGS !!! GO !!! . . . GO !!! KINGS !!! GO !!! . . . GO !!! KINGS !!! GO !!! . . .

KINGS ROYAL REPORT: Injury Updates, Stats, News & Notes

LOS ANGELES KINGS :
- #25 Dustin Penner (LW), w/ Lower Body Injury (Groin ?), listed as Day-to-Day.
- #?? Colin Fraser (F), On IR w/ Injured Foot, expected to be placed on waivers and sent to AHL when returns.
Current man games lost due to injury: 2

BUFFALO SABRES :
- #55 Jochen Hecht (F), Day-to-Day w/ concussion symptoms, questionable for game against Los Angeles.
Current man games lost due to injury: 1

NHL.com Standings :DIVISION : CONFERENCE : LEAGUE
NHL.com Team Stats: LOS ANGELES KINGS : BUFFALO SABRES
ESPN Team Stats :LOS ANGELES KINGS : BUFFALO SABRES
FOX Spots - GAME TRAX : http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/gameTrax?gameId=2011100808
FOX Spots - Head to Head Team Results : http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/depthch...Id=2011100808&
The Hockey News FORECASTER - Tale Of The Tape : http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...ey/tott.cgi?LA
LAKings.com e-Media Guide 2011-12 : http://downloads.kings.nhl.com/emag/1112/index.html
L.A. Kings Home Page's : LA Times : Daily News : CBS Spotsline : TSN : Yahoo : ESPN Clubhouse : The Fourth Period : The Hockey News Mag

LAKings.com News (Muzzin Activated; Sent To Manchester) : http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594821
LAKings.com News (Tip-A-King 2011 Pre-Sale Is On Now) : http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594831
NHL.com News (NHL Experts make their 2011-12 NHL season predictions) : http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594743
LATimes.com (Mike Richards "Stars" as Kings beat Rangers in Sweden) : http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,5733753.story

LAKings.com RECAP of Last Game, vs NEW YORK RANGERS : http://kings.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2011020009
LAKings.com Post-Game Summary : RANGERS = 2 : KINGS = 3 http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/GS020009.HTM
Kings Talk Radio Replay (Oct. 7th) : http://kings.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer.htm?pid=XX
LAKings.com Game Notes vs. BUFFALO SABRES, File : http://kings.nhl.com/v2/ext/news/gam...19-10atBUF.pdf *(PDF file, printable & packed full of Info!)
LAKings.com Game Preview Link : http://kings.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020022
LAKings.com Notebook (Oct 6 : Games start counting tomorrow as Kings take on Rangers) : http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594771
L.A. Kings (Twitter) : https://twitter.com/LAKings
BUFFALO SABRES (Twitter) : http://twitter.com/#!/SabresDotCom
TSN.ca ( ICECHIPS ) : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

BUFFALO SABRES: Official NHL Website : HF SABRES Board GDT
The Buffalo News paper, SABRES Page : Sabres Edge Blog w/ John Vogl & Mike Harrington

KINGS look to beat SABRES and bring 4 pts. back to USA.

COACH & PLAYER QUOTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward MIKE RICHARDS, on Being the BETTER Richards :
"It was good. It was just nice to finally get started, There was a lot of anticipation on my part, just to get the season started. It’s just nice to go out there and help contribute to the win. I think the Power Play that’s going to be the biggest thing that’s going to take a little bit of time, just trying to get chemistry and where we want to be with each other on the ice. We had a couple missed chances early in the game, and it was nice to get that one to Win it at the end. On my goal, I had kind of seen Richardson eyeing me on the way up the ice. He made a good play on the wall, and I just went to the net and kind of stuck my stick out there. Richie made a great play."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward ANZE KOPITAR, on His Goal, the Win, his recovery and PP :
"It was good to get that first Goal, just get it out of the way for me and for the team. We started off good, kind of slowed down in the second and then finished it off in the third. It is two points. What’s good for us is not giving up any. They’re obviously in the East, and we don’t care how many points they get at the end of the season, so it’s good to get two. It felt good. As I said a month ago already, my leg feels good. I have no pain and no problems, so that’s what I was looking for. If you ask anybody, not just a guy who comes back from an injury, it’s nice to get the first one out of the way. Now we can maybe play a little more relaxed. It felt like Justin Williams and I have chemistry, on the ice, and even throughout training camp we were playing pretty good. Terry was mixing up the left wingers for us, and Simon Gagne came in and really did a good job. We’re probably going to stay together for tomorrow and hopefully get a couple more goals. We know we have the personnel to (score on the power play), it's just a matter of doing it, They have some good penalty killers and for sure a top-five goalie in the League, so you can't get frustrated. We stuck with it and it came through for us."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenseman JACK JOHNSON, on OT / PP / GW Goal :
"Obviously it was great, but I don’t think we were really that frustrated. I thought we did some really good stuff on the power play. I thought we moved around pretty well. We seemed to have possession, and I didn’t think we were too jumbled up at all. I didn’t get the sense that anyone was really frustrated, but a 4-on-3, that’s probably the biggest prime opportunity in hockey. I think it’s even easier than 5-on-3, just because there are less passing options. You either tee it up or pass for the one-timer. There’s a lot of ice out there. We had kind of drawn up a little something there, with the opportunity to just drive through their triangle there and try to open up something. Richards got the puck on the side of the net there, and he’s too good of a player to bail on him. I knew he would get it to me somehow. I was just trying to not put it in (Lundqvist’s) pads. I think we had confidence the whole game, really. I thought, in the first period, we really played extremely well. The second period, some things didn’t quite go as well. I didn’t get the sense that anyone was frustrated. I think this is a really confident group. We’re really excited about what this team can do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender JONATHAN QUICK, on Giving up 1st Period Goal :
"Screw you guys that call THAT a softie."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach TERRY MURRAY, on the WIN :
"I thought the power play didn’t get results early, but we had some pretty good movement on it. Any time you get movement on the power play, and you don’t score, then it gives you some momentum, at least. At the end of the day, when we had a critical power play, a 4-on-3, there was great composure by Kopitar and then you look for the low play, with Richards. He battled, and then the play happens with Johnson driving through and staying there. He doesn’t come in and get out, as a lot of times you will see. He’s right there, at that weak-side post, and Richards got the puck to him the second time. Yeah, two goals. Kopitar’s goal, it was a real good effort by the line. Gagne was the guy who was moving back through the middle of the ice and got his stick on the puck. He kicked up a loose puck to Williams, who now finds Kopitar. Kopi, when he gets an opportunity like that, at the top of the circle, he’s got a great shot and he’s going to score. The other goal was a tremendous goal. Down 2-1, you’ve got to get something going with your top lines. Brad Richardson used his speed wide, and you’ve got a guy like Richards driving through to the middle of the net. It’s just one of those plays, one of those goals that happen in the NHL. The Richardson-Richards-Brown line was real good. I matched them up against their Richards, with a checking mentality, and I thought they did a pretty good job. Their second goal, give Brad Richards a lot of credit. Boy, he hung in there two times. i thought the puck was out of the zone, and he comes in late and keeps it alive, strong along the boards to make the play. But Mike Richards’ line, I thought they played well. They were energized and they did a good job overall in their checking responsibilities."
* ( see for more details and other game day news, notes & quotes.)

LET'S GO KINGS !!!

- Upcoming Games -

NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the red bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER

Disclaimer : The GDT is provided free of charge for entertainment purposes only, AND MAY BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. It is not to be used to determine actual league standings, playoff races or Stanley Cup Champions. Should you find an error, please use one of 3 methods for reporting: 1.PM me. 2. Send a 4X6 postcard to GDT, PO Box 2007-2008, Palm Springs, CA 92234 3. Yell out the issue loudly as you jump off a bridge...it's a GDT, get over it. © by Blueline @ LGK

Last edited by Puck U: 10-08-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old
10-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

1st reserved for .... Shellz , but only if she brings me pancakes and fresh OJ

Old
10-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Here's to another 2 points! GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
10-08-2011, 12:39 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Go Kings Go!

Old
10-08-2011, 12:46 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

When in Berlin proceed to acquire 2 points(along with copious amounts of bratwurst and beer).

Go Kings Go!

Old
10-08-2011, 12:47 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

A first! Bob and Jim calling the game from their living room. (Well, Fox Studios, but they won't be at the game. They'll be watching it on TV just like the rest of us.)

(FWIW... Emrick and McGuire did the same thing for the Kings/Rags game today. They called the game from the Versus studios. They weren't in the building either.)

Old
10-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Like the set up on OP'z post .....a lot of info and all that jazz...

But... where you got the stuff from.... Tell them the Slug is dead!! ... No more slug logo! lol..

Please n Thank you. =)

And good luck tomorrow....

excited to see Doughtry play...since i don't get to see him often.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Both teams would love to get out of Berlin with 4 points under their belt. Unfortunately for Buffalo it won't be them. Need to be a bit more creative in this game but our guys can manage that. Looking forward to the game against a good opponent I respect quite a bit, they'll be very successful this season and in the future...just hopefully not tomorrow!

Old
10-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
A first! Bob and Jim calling the game from their living room. (Well, Fox Studios, but they won't be at the game. They'll be watching it on TV just like the rest of us.)

(FWIW... Emrick and McGuire did the same thing for the Kings/Rags game today. They called the game from the Versus studios. They weren't in the building either.)

Jennerette and Neal are doing the same thing .... they broadcasted from First Niagara Center for Ducks game as will do the same for Kings game...

Couldn't tell any difference ...it was fine....weird...when u thought about it... but fine.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

First REAL game with Bob and Jim can't wait. Will only be able to sleep tonight due to lack of sleep last night in anticipation of today's game. 10 am can't come soon enough!

Go Kings Go!!! Bring us home 4!

Old
10-08-2011, 12:55 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Can't Wait!

Old
10-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

staying up to watch the Wales-Ireland world cup game (currently 7am and its half time), then i will go to sleep, wake up around 6pm, have some breakfast and it will be go time

Old
10-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Scottkmlps

Can somebody please explain to me why the 2 Eastern teams don't have to travel for the 2 games in Europe, while the 2 Western teams have to travel from Sweden to Germany and/or from Germany to Sweden?

Old
10-08-2011, 01:16 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Can somebody please explain to me why the 2 Eastern teams don't have to travel for the 2 games in Europe, while the 2 Western teams have to travel from Sweden to Germany and from Germany to Sweden?
The Sabres traveled from Helsinki to Berlin. Only team not traveling between games is the Rangers.

Old
10-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Like the set up on OP'z post .....a lot of info and all that jazz ... And good luck tomorrow ... excited to see Doughtry play...since i don't get to see him often.
Thanks you guys too ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
But... where you got the stuff from.... Tell them the Slug is dead!! ... No more slug logo! lol.. Please n Thank you. =)
NOPE ... LONG LIVE THE BUFFA-SLUG !

Old
10-08-2011, 01:57 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Good luck, guys! Should be a good game. These teams match up well. (Sabres fan living in LA and former LAK season ticket holder.) Waiting for my dream matchup of BUF-LAK SCF!

EDIT: You MUST lose the slug. Seriously

Old
10-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Thanks Puck!!! Love your Quick quote.

GO KINGS!!!

Old
10-08-2011, 02:20 AM
markisonfire

I can't believe I just realized what looked so strange: Martinez is wearing 27 instead of 53.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:40 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I can't believe I just realized what looked so strange: Martinez is wearing 27 instead of 53.
He's Kyle Quincey reincarnated.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:38 AM
KingsFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
What's really strange is seeing #17 skating around and it's a white guy. I miss Simmonds!

Old
10-08-2011, 03:43 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan17 View Post
What's really strange is seeing #17 skating around and it's a white guy. I miss Simmonds!
Yea so strange

Old
10-08-2011, 05:04 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Really excited about this matchup today. Buffalo looked good yesterday, but then again they were playing the _ucks. I hope we see the same Kings we saw in the first and end of the third period.

Thanks PuckU! Let's do this! Go Kings!!

Old
10-08-2011, 07:44 AM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U
NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the red bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER
Thank you from a Sabres fan...not sure why I haven't done that before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U
Disclaimer : The GDT is provided free of charge for entertainment purposes only, AND MAY BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. It is not to be used to determine actual league standings, playoff races or Stanley Cup Champions. Should you find an error, please use one of 3 methods for reporting: 1.PM me. 2. Send a 4X6 postcard to GDT, PO Box 2007-2008, Palm Springs, CA 92234 3. Yell out the issue loudly as you jump off a bridge...it's a GDT, get over it. © by Blueline @ LGK

Old
10-08-2011, 07:59 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

PuckU Wizard as always.

This is a good Buf team (buffaslug scares me) and I am happy we get to see them so early in the season. Should be a fun one to see.

Lets go out and let them know why we are here boys!

Go get em

Go Kings Go!

Go Kings Go!!

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Old
10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Go Kings.

2 is better than 1.