HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ Columbus Blue Jackets 6pm CDT

Old
10-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
my thoughts as we can savor this opening night win for a few more hours....

*what an awful start. couldn't win a faceoff, couldn't get the puck out of the zone, no flow to the game. just sloppy all around. I was gonna bash 16 on his play but he redeemed himself as the game wore on. but man, 16 had trouble at the dot in the beginning of the game.

*22 on the pk. I liked it. A lot. gives him some valuea dn can utilize his speed.

*kleins play, especially in the first was real solid. threw the body, made good outlets, and was shooting the puck.

*did not like the rebounds pekka was giving up. got a little better as the game went on, but seemed to be fighting it a bit. donn't know if I am just used to playoff peks or it was the flu, or what. he seemed to settle in a wheather a few storms, including the sequence when he seemed to stop 10 shots from close range in 30 seconds.. was scary at the time to watch, but man what a treat.

*CBJ needs another color pants. when they showed nash skating away, it looked like he wet his pants.

*one thing we did well was avoiding columbus picking game. not cherry picking, but basketball picking. They seemed to do a lot of skating and stopping and the man with the puck would use him as a pick. we eemed prepared for it.

*hillen's penalty was terrible. brassard had a nice little wall built, buthis back was to the net and I can't explain why hillens stick was where it was. luckily our pk got it don.

*speaking of the pk-legwand. what a SH beast. when you hold a team to 0-5, you are doing the right things. I think the second pk was the most gorgeous pk I have seen. I don't think Columbus set up in our zone once and not only would we clear it, but you could see how frustrated they were.

*The play on Nash in the third from Suter. all world. If poile doesn't get him and weber signed up, we are in a world of hurt. I thought over the summer we would be ok, but those boys reaffirmed last night they are worth as much as they want.

*has grant clitsome taken ver as the dman with the softest slapshot in the nhl? thing looked slow and soft from the point. as many shots as he had, im kinda glad wisneiwski is an idiot.

*CBJ goal 1-we have 3 forwards deep which resulted in an odd man rush. Carter, I think gets off a good shot and pekka craps the puck and prospal slams it home. Blame the 3 forwards as none got back (unless one was a dman deep, going off memory here) and then blame pekka for letting it slip through. I know goals are gonna happen, but I'd rather him beat with hard stuff then what I percieve as softies.

*CBJ goal 2- 10 and 74 for some reason are fighting each other for the puck as they cross the blue line. in the ensuing chaos, prospol gets the puck to nash who gets off a real nice shot.

*NSH goal 1-beauty of a keeping a puck alive by 11. pass to sk, who drives the net and is 3 feet from mason. I am yelling shoot at my TV and when he passed it a slur of words that would be edited here left my mouth. I was so angry I didn't realize suter had an easy goal. I felt kinda dumb there. great vision from 74. nice finish from 20.

*NSH goal 2-Predator hockey right here. Weber with the shot, smith cleans it up. Welcome to smashville kid.

*NSH goal 3-this is why Columbus hates us. we seem to kill them at the worst time. half a minute in, 24 with a good forecheck, puck finds 16 and he makes a great pass that redeemed his night for me and 24 with the nice finish.

more later. kinda fun reliving this in my mind the morning after with some donut house chocolate glazed donut coffee off the keurig.
Good post, I mostly agree.

I really hope someone puts a YT of Suters D play on Nash. That is what people need to see. He made it look so damn easy.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
roseyc

We got a win but those line combos were horrible. The best line was the leggy/wilson/smith and halischuk/O'reilly/tootoo line. The spaling/sk/erat line was invisible. Erat gets hurt again have we heard this before. Weber and Suter and Rinne are all world. The Bj's only score when they got away from weber and Suter. Hillen and Laasko pairing gave up both goals looked lost together. Wilson and Smith had nice chemistry along with Halischuk and O'Reilly. Blum looked like he's ready to take another step forward he is pretty good. All the coaches said that we had problems and faceoffs but the line combos looked like it confused everyone and took us a period to adjust. Trotz instead of creating 3 scoring lines and one checking line created 4 checking lines. Spaling at some point might be a 20 goal scorer but that line didn't have any chemistry whatsoever and both goals were scored when they were on the ice. A win is a win. The quadry is when Fisher comes back who goes down.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:04 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Off topic: when you can change your name on the 18th you should include Smith somehow. Like he is the messiah.
I vote 'Gold Smith'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I vote 'Gold Smith'

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Weber and Suter and Rinne are all world. The Bj's only score when they got away from weber and Suter. Hillen and Laasko pairing gave up both goals.

Did you even watch the game? Suter and Weber were on the ice for Prospal's goal. And it was a bad goal by Rinne.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
Did you even watch the game? Suter and Weber were on the ice for Prospal's goal. And it was a bad goal by Rinne.
Ok I'm trying to not be so abrasive because it is apparently a bad trait, but seriously? One goal in the first game of the season? All of the sudden those three are not among the best at their position? What the ****?

The team looked kind of shaky, but this team rarely looks dominate against division rivals. For a first game I think it was ok. We were missing Fisher, and replacing him with Spaling (who has never played in the top six before). We iced one of the youngest teams in the entire league. Rinne allowed two goals from 31 shots while battling the freakin' stomach flu. The powerplay looked decent. The PK looked ok after the first kill. The team was skating hard.

I am optimistic. Trust me, that is a rarity.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:58 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post
as a CBJ fan i was at last nights game and i just wanted to say ...

the Nashville fans who traveled to the game were ... really loud and proud

i think that is awesome...

see you in 5 more... ( at least )
We had a blast. Great arena, and your fans around us were stellar.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote