HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 01 @ Los Angeles Kings

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 10 6.90%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 116 80.00%
Michael Del Zotto 5 3.45%
Brandon Dubinsky 24 16.55%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 1.38%
Marian Gaborik 48 33.10%
Dan Girardi 43 29.66%
Henrik Lundqvist 86 59.31%
Ryan McDonagh 13 8.97%
Brandon Prust 2 1.38%
Brad Richards 19 13.10%
Michael Sauer 2 1.38%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Other 1 0.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
reffing wasnt the problem...rangers didnt skate hard enough to draw calls....end of story.
Gagne and Mitchell were skating hard and deserved to "draw" penalties on the two gift calls late in regulation and overtime? Did you even watch the game. We did not deserve to lose LIKE THAT. Despite the slow start, we certainly earned the right to fight EVENLY for the extra point just as much as the kings in overtime and potentially a shootout. The refs decided to make two completely unnecessary calls that were questionable AT BEST.

In fact, looking at it completely objectively, the kings actually should've been shorthanded in OT because of the blatant dive by Mitchell. He felt the stick between his leg for a moment, and then after the stick was gone he lept forward as if he was shot in the back. Embarrassing. The kings must be the penguins of the west

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
You don't think the Kings were leaving their feet surprisingly easy?

NHL new suspension deal is going to lead to a diving epidemic.
not particularly no...i didnt have a problem with any of the calls.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Gagne and Mitchell were skating hard and deserved to "draw" penalties on the two gift calls late in regulation and overtime? Did you even watch the game. We did not deserve to lose LIKE THAT. Despite the slow start, we certainly earned the right to fight EVENLY for the extra point just as much as the kings in overtime and potentially a shootout. The refs decided to make two completely unnecessary calls that were questionable AT BEST.

In fact, looking at it completely objectively, the kings actually should've been shorthanded in OT because of the blatant dive by Mitchell. He felt the stick between his leg for a moment, and then after the stick was gone he lept forward as if he was shot in the back. Embarrassing. The kings must be the penguins of the west

yes, i did watch the game...and i didnt have a problem with that call, ever have a stick between your legs while trying to skate? its not effing easy and it can very easily make you trip and lose your balance, even the slightest bit of contact can screw with your balance. his stick shouldnt have been there, it was a penalty.

Rangers did not lose this game because of reffing...using that excuse, so early in the season, is beneath us.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
Actually, this is a really crazy idea but I'll say it anyway. The reason Boyle was moved to forward in the Kings system was his skating. It just wasn't strong enough to play D. But now that his stride and balance have gotten way better - could he go back to D at some point? He's certainly got the size and the edge. Just something that occurred to me during the game when he covered up for a pinching D.
I've heard crazier but here is what I would consider:

Give Wolski a few more games. If he does not work out send him to Hartford bring back Mitchell, put him between Rupp and Prust. Put Boyle next to Artie and Cally. Move Feds down next to Steps and MZA.

12 guys that will work pretty hard most of the time.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:15 AM
gravey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I've heard crazier but here is what I would consider:

Give Wolski a few more games. If he does not work out send him to Hartford bring back Mitchell, put him between Rupp and Prust. Put Boyle next to Artie and Cally. Move Feds down next to Steps and MZA.

12 guys that will work pretty hard most of the time.
I think I pretty much agree with giving this a try. Though, I have a hard time believing they sit Christiansen and bring up Mitchell to play in front of him.

Though, in the midst of my own groin injury, I can tell you if Wolski is still having lingering issues, that may not go away for a long time and coudl really hamper his effectiveness. i hope for his sake, he's better.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:34 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Just got to watch the game...

And WOW at those last two penalty calls. Anyone still want to argue that the game isn't getting Jello-soft? Disgraceful.

10-08-2011, 12:39 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
I was listening on the radio, but it sounded like Callahan was the best.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
Actually, this is a really crazy idea but I'll say it anyway. The reason Boyle was moved to forward in the Kings system was his skating. It just wasn't strong enough to play D. But now that his stride and balance have gotten way better - could he go back to D at some point? He's certainly got the size and the edge. Just something that occurred to me during the game when he covered up for a pinching D.
He played center in college. That's his original position. The Kings moved him to defense and back.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
I was listening on the radio, but it sounded like Callahan was the best.
He was ridiculous. He's such a damn good player

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:37 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Report from Globe Arena. LA Kings vs NYR. Got 6th row tickets (from Mats Sundin personally) right behind the Rangers bench. Sat right next to The Kings Mother & Father, very nice people btw. The crowd was very quiet as the tickets were very expensive (up to 300 U$D!!) by Swedish standards meaning lots of corporate spectators not knowing anything about hockey or even caring. Just showing off at this event as any gimmick happening. Which means you could actually hear the players on the bench And on the ice talking And yelling. Game was ok. Rangers really were nervous And played an awful first period. Without Hank we might have been down 3-4 goals going into the 2nd. Hanks parents said time And time again "why is nobody helping our boy"? Which was a good question. The D had terrible breakouts, the feed kept coughing the puck up And everyone seemed to be skating in jello. Cally gave one Away but made up for it by scoring a Flukey goal from tough angle. Doughty was very dominant in the 1st. Matinez And Kopitar were good too. In the scoreless 2nd the Rangers came back And played a better game. Better skating, passing And overall performance. Positives were Mcd, cally, girardi, Aninsimov And Erixon. Also Richards And Gaborik started to slowly find each others, although I thought Richards looked quite slow, which was concerning. Hank was brilliant And Prust did ok in a merrygoround tussle. The 3rd was quite even, though I thought some of the Kings chances looked more dangerous than ours. Stepan was ok, zucs was close to breaking free a time or two but wolski had problems (groin?) on the ice. The Richards line applied pressure And also better one. Kings tied it with 5 minutes left after delzotto lost his man (resulting in a major chew out by ass. Coach plus Torts) And we went into overtime. There the game was decided on the po as the kings were rewarded yet another penalty (5-1 in Goran not really reflecting infractions committed imo although most if not all the Rangers penalties were correct the Kings then should've had a couple
more too!!!). Playing three against 4 is always tough And the kings executed it by the textbook And got the extra point. Overall a Great experience, but hard to judge the Team after just one game. Thought many players looked slow. Good efforts were already mentioned Cally, McD, Hank (best Ranger), Girardi Anisimov And Erixon. Richards And Gaborik wre good 2nd half of the game. Ok were Boyle, Prust, delzotto ( minus 2nd goal), Sauer. Not up to par were Rupp ( out of place, poor puck control), Feds ( did not mesh well on 2nd line imo), Eminger (horrible 1st period), Dubinsky (is this the guy wanting $5M? He was not good) And Wolski (looked out of place And hurt?). Stepan And Zuc both played quite little so I guess their games were Ok. Stepan was a little weak at times. The game was decided by penalties, yet the seemed warranted. Too many sloppy penalties taken by the rangers. And too many noncalls on Kings infractions that definitely had an effect on the outcome. But take the point And move on to 2nites clash instead. Wish everyone on the Nyr boards could have enjoyed themselves like I did last night! So far the D did not look as bad as feared/speculated. The breakout were severly lacking thought meaning more dump And share And less puck possesion as The Kings were very quick And often got to the pucks guest. Doughty really was a force out there, Kid was very impressive. Thata all folks! Gotta tend to my hangover now...

Last edited by BBKers: 10-08-2011 at 03:42 AM. Reason: I hate iPhone spell check!
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:59 AM
skolgoar

It wasn't the stick between the legs. It was because he wrapped around Mitchell with his arm as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

skolgoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:56 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

Fantastic.
Lol. Twins separated at birth? Both with a secret dream,being syncron swimmers?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:31 AM
blixt

1.Cally
2.Lundqvist

BAD:
Zucc, had family and friends in the stands and wanted to convince, could not handle the pressure when he was too eager. Which resulted in a needless penalty and fine.

Wolski: I realy don't know what he was doing out there. Nothing worked, seemed unsure of his position.

Stepan: Could have done many things right if he got more help.

blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
we are currently in playoff position, in 6th, but temas in 7th-15th are right on our heals...we need to put distance between them and us with more points......

too early to look at the playoff picture????

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:43 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i felt like McDonagh, & MDZ were our 2 best defenseman tonight believe it or not...despite how badly they looked on the tying, and losing goals....

Henrik was amazing as always.
From my smal screen,I thougth DelZotto looked fine too. But a few posters write that he sucked. Funny how different oppinions come in the same match.

I`m dissapointed of Zucca. I fear his gonna have a hard time,fighting his way in to top 6. That is where he could be real useful.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 10-08-2011 at 07:14 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 07:47 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I thought the game started at 2 PM. Seems the majority of our players thought so, too.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:00 AM
TrollololBoyle

Lost the game, but it could have been an easy win. As an optimist, no matter what the ending result was, everyone on the Rangers looked great out there and the play will of course carry over to the next game.

I was very impressed with Gaborik and Richards as well as Del Zotto. I'm not going to give Cally or Lundqvist any credit anymore because it's too easy to say they were the best players on the ice.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He played center in college. That's his original position. The Kings moved him to defense and back.
Mostly correct. He played point on the power play for BC. Left point. He decimated SLU in the '07 NCAA playoffs from that position. He did skate the occasional even strength shift but that was sort of blown out of proportion.

But he is clearly more proficient at skating backwards than any of our other forwards, and has a good reach. Its good to have that versatility.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:53 AM
chosen

One loss.

Refs blamed.

90% of losses.

Refs blamed.

50% of losses -insert this years's designated goat- and the coach is blamed.

50% of wins, Rangers played very well. Refs did a bad job against the Rangers, but the Rangers won in spite of the refs, Bettman, and the gods being against them.

The season is officially under way.

Note: This seems to apply to almost all hockey fans.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
One loss.

Refs blamed.

90% of losses.

Refs blamed.

50% of losses -insert this years's designated goat- and the coach is blamed.

50% of wins, Rangers played very well. Refs did a bad job against the Rangers, but the Rangers won in spite of the refs, Bettman, and the gods being against them.

The season is officially under way.

Note: This seems to apply to almost all hockey fans.
While true, you have to admit some of the calls yesterday were very weak and a result of diving. That was a ballsy call by the ref with 2 mins left in OT on McDonagh, barely touched the guy.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
While true, you have to admit some of the calls yesterday were very weak and a result of diving. That was a ballsy call by the ref with 2 mins left in OT on McDonagh, barely touched the guy.
While he barely touched the guy, McDonagh took one hand off the stick and wrapped it around the guy. That was called everytime last year so it should be expected to be called this year. Did the Kings guy sell it? Yeah probably, but get used to it. That's hockey now a days.

mattyd99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Quack View Post
Callahan (11 shots on goal?!!)
Lundqvist
Richards
went with this yesterday. I was debating between Richards and Gabby, but Richards set up that goal. I was impressed.

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Meh. Not too upset over this one.

The Kings are a very good team. Better than us and we managed to steal a point from them. I'll take it.

Edit: And stop taking stupid ****ing penalties!
This the people seem to not realize we just played stride for stride with a damn good team. Del Zotto is my Redden no question. Dubs, Cally, McD all had fantastic games but of course you can't take that penalty. Still he looked like he belonged whikch means he's made vast improvements in his game. 1st line still needs to work on chemistry but it looked clear we have two good top lines here

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
As someone has already pointed out, that call will be made nearly every time, so I'm not sure what your point is.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Hrudey92

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
A 2nd year player isnt going to throw the refs under the bus on opening night. I never said it wasnt a penalty. I was saying it shouldnt have been called at that stage of the game.

It was a weak call, any way you slice it.
Right, you said it was incidental contact... which means it was NOT a penalty. And even if I want to buy into the, "he is a second year player" business, would you like me to post Torts quotes about the penalties? Cause he thought it was a penalty as well.

The reason why I'm mad at the refs is because the Kings did not earn either penalty. They were both a result of incidental contact. In that case, they should have let them play.

The Kings were setting picks all game.

Hrudey92 is offline   Reply With Quote