HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 stars and GBR: Game 02 vs Anaheim Ducks

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Brad Richards 62 51.67%
Ryan Callahan 54 45.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 115 95.83%
Ryan McDonagh 19 15.83%
Brian Boyle 1 0.83%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.83%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Dan Girardi 41 34.17%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Other (Please specify) 3 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 843
Three stars
1. Lundqvist
2. Girardi
3. Callahan

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock

vCash: 500
Tank for Yakupov?

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Oh he's made it VERY easy for me. Ive been saying as soon as he gets back on NHL sized ice against NHL players he'd disappear. So far I'm looking spot on.

Your almost implying he's allowed to suck because others have too. That's just an awful argument.
No, I'm saying your singling him out because you're biased against him. The only thing that's awful here is that you're spouting this garbage after 2 games. Let me know when the rest of our forwards wake the **** up and get their heads out of their *****.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
OverTheCap

I think some Rangers fans need to adjust their expectations right now. I've always maintained that signing Richards is a major step in the right direction, but he isn't going to turn us into contenders overnight. There are still holes on this team: the Rangers failed to adequately address the top line LW situation and we don't have a legitimate offensive defenseman that can step in right away and make an impact.

Combine that with the fact that Staal is out for who knows how long, the team has been playing a boatload of games in Europe, and that it takes some time for chemistry to develop. Also, our team is still young, and players such as Stepan could fall victim to the dreaded sophomore slump. I really didn't think that this team would come out and dominate out the gate.

As for the game, once again, Lundqvist deserved a better fate. We had no business getting a point in this game but he kept us in it.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

MZA is just another example of a guy who isnt built for the NHL. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean the guy is tiny....for him to succeed, he needs to possess sublime skill, like a Fleury or a Gionta or a Gilmour or a MSL. MZA offers nothing offensively. Thats why he plays 9-10 mins a game, and almost none in the late stages.

The 3rd line is perfect for young, big, strong forwards who might not score every shift, but will make the other team earn their game paycheck.

Unfortunately, MZA, EC, Wolski, and now Stepan don't fit that description. It's basically a 3rd line of finesse players who arent showing a whole lot of finesse.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
MZA is just another example of a guy who isnt built for the NHL. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean the guy is tiny....for him to succeed, he needs to possess sublime skill, like a Fleury or a Gionta or a Gilmour or a MSL. MZA offers nothing offensively. Thats why he plays 9-10 mins a game, and almost none in the late stages.

The 3rd line is perfect for young, big, strong forwards who might not score every shift, but will make the other team earn their game paycheck.

Unfortunately, MZA, EC, Wolski, and now Stepan don't fit that description. It's basically a 3rd line of finesse players who arent showing a whole lot of finesse.
I don't get why people get all hung up on "3rd line = checking line" when that isn't universally true anymore. Our checking line is Prust Boyle Rupp. What's wrong with having 3 scoring lines and one checking line?

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Who do you want him to displace, Marian Gaborik or Ryan Callahan? Especially since our second line is so good defensively, we can afford to use the third line as an offensive line used to help develop players. Maybe if Stepan and MZA had a winger who brought something to the line that they didn't, since that's how the rest of our lines are constructed. Its a bad line not because of who's on it but because of who isn't on it.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:56 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Who do you want him to displace, Marian Gaborik or Ryan Callahan? Especially since our second line is so good defensively, we can afford to use the third line as an offensive line used to help develop players. Maybe if Stepan and MZA had a winger who brought something to the line that they didn't, since that's how the rest of our lines are constructed. Its a bad line not because of who's on it but because of who isn't on it.
Like...Avery?

But I'm serious.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
AXN

It is not an awful road trim. Two ties against western teams and 2 points in two games. They could have played Zuccarello more but they chose Prust as the third line winger. The two points that Kings and Ducks got do not really bother the Rangers. Those teams are in a different conference. I hope they are much more sharper and Staal returns for next game.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
No, I'm saying your singling him out because you're biased against him. The only thing that's awful here is that you're spouting this garbage after 2 games. Let me know when the rest of our forwards wake the **** up and get their heads out of their *****.
I'm not starting this after 2 games I started it day one of camp when the PR machine was already force feeding this hobbit to us. There is no way he helps us more than Sean Avery. Hes not even better than Ryan Bourque who can at least skate play defense and forecheck.

The fact torts lied to everyone and told us we have better players than Sean avery then marches wolski and MZA out there is a disgrace and guys like u bought it.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Mza sat on the bench for almost 12 minutes before taking his shot..

I gotta say that Erixon kid has been impressive so far, sure he get's some penalty minutes, but still I like his style..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Like...Avery?

But I'm serious.
If I could go back in time and have what I wanted done, I would've resigned Vinny Prospal and went from there. If that meant Wolski was gone and Avery was playing, so be it. I'm not giving up on Wolski yet but I think we're really going to regret not signing Vinny P.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Rupp us a useless hockey player.

Slow, no skill to speak of...

Get Rupp and Wolski off this team, please, Bourque could fill a 4th line role. And Hagelin couldn't possibly be worse then Wolski, at a fraction of the cost. Although Wolski didn't play, hard to believe he would have been a factor.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
If I could go back in time and have what I wanted done, I would've resigned Vinny Prospal and went from there. If that meant Wolski was gone and Avery was playing, so be it. I'm not giving up on Wolski yet but I think we're really going to regret not signing Vinny P.
Vinny was in PRIME form last night on a line with Carter and Nash, can't say he wouldn't look good with Richards and Gabby too.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I'm not starting this after 2 games I started it day one of camp when the PR machine was already force feeding this hobbit to us. There is no way he helps us more than Sean Avery. Hes not even better than Ryan Bourque who can at least skate play defense and forecheck.

The fact torts lied to everyone and told us we have better players than Sean avery then marches wolski and MZA out there is a disgrace and guys like u bought it.
Bought what, that MZA is more talented, younger and cheaper than Avery? Because he is, brother. Too bad you're still stuck in 2006 and can't see that.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Hilarious that u honestly believe MZA is a better nhler than Sean Avery my god

Old
10-08-2011, 05:12 PM
XLJ

That was an awful game. LOL @ Tortorella's insane line juggling in the 3rd period. He even separated Richards and Gaborik on the powerplay.

Rupp has been awful. So far he looks like another overpaid 4th liner.

And we should of drafted Fowler!!!

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I'm not ridiculous enough to still cry about anything involving Avery, so ill just say MZA scored more goals than he did last year and be on my way.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:14 PM
KenGuru

Quote:

Torts also think that Zuccarello is better than Avery. And Tortorella still said Avery had a good camp

I dont understand why you start crizising Zucca, he almost did not play. Torts would not let him play and he changed the lines all the time

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
I'm not ridiculous enough to still cry about anything involving Avery, so ill just say MZA scored more goals than he did last year and be on my way.
Yes please go. On your way make sure to stop by gristedes and pick up some more tortorella kool-aid because if MZA keeps playing exactly how i knee he'd play your gonna need alot of it to keep this argument up.

Ps never use goals scored as a way to define a grinding agitating player please.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Torts also think that Zuccarello is better than Avery. And Tortorella still said Avery had a good camp

I dont understand why you start crizising Zucca, he almost did not play. Torts would not let him play and he changed the lines all the time

Torts lied he knows Avery is better it was personal nothing more

And he didn't play MZA for a reason. It's because he doesn't belong on the ice in a game that counts

Old
10-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Torts lied he knows Avery is better it was personal nothing more

And he didn't play MZA for a reason. It's because he doesn't belong on the ice in a game that counts
I believe he wasnt played much because we had 7 penalties against us.
I might be wrong, but as far as i know Avery isnt a penalty killer either.
In other words, IF avery was on the team, he wouldnt have seen much TOI, just like MZA didnt.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post

In the very little time (7 minutes) MZA did play I thought he played well. He hasnt scored yet but he also hasnt been on the ice for a goal against yet either. There are a handful of people on this board that are just going to hate on MZA regardless of how he plays. You are not going to change their minds.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:25 PM
pwoz

Staal: Please get well asap!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:28 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Oh my goodness. They go on a ridiculous road trip, have yet to really practice together as a team, play on crappy ice (never mind the fact that their #1 defenseman is out) and still manage to take home 2 points against 2 really good teams... and people are jumping out of windows? With 80 games left?

Sure, it was ugly, but have some perspective people!

(Hell, I'd be none too happy with how my team played if I was a Kings or Ducks fan either.)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote