HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What Would It Take For Edm to Get Sykora or Williams???

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
What Would It Take For Edm to Get Sykora or Williams???

They are 2 players that haven't started out very strong out of the gates on teams that are struggling. Could teh oilers land Sykora for Dvorak,Moreau,and Semenov??? How about Justin Williams for Semenov or Dvorak straight up???

Old
10-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Michael Karlstrom II

vCash:
I think you like Sykora alot more than I do. When you figure that most trades these days are going to be contract moves to manage the cap, dealing three somewhat useful and fairly smartly paid assets for one guy that is overpaid for what he brings would be a very bad deal for the Oil.

If your heart is set on Sykora, I think you could definitely have him for that package.

As for dealing for Justin Williams... really, trading for guys who are playing their best hockey is never an easy move. Williams is cheap to keep and there wouldn't be much reason to move him at this moment. Wait until his next slump and make the deal then, and maybe it is easier to make.

Usually teams only make deals when they have problems or need to shake things up... or when they are trying to put together the last piece to make a run at making noise in the playoffs. Unless there is a motivation factor like this in place, its hard to greenlight a fantasy trade as being realistic.

I can see the Oilers making a move to shake things up since they are now struggling, but it will likely be for a goaltender and will likely involve moving a problem that they have like Georges Laraque who seems to be a bad example to the rest of the team in how he just isnt willing to do what he should do to be useful to the team.

Old
10-22-2005, 04:20 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I'd take Moreau straight up for Sykora.

Sykora is going to be a UFA this summer, and I don't think he is going to help the Ducks accomplish much this season.

He has completly lost his scoring touch.

Old
10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
They are 2 players that haven't started out very strong out of the gates on teams that are struggling. Could teh oilers land Sykora for Dvorak,Moreau,and Semenov??? How about Justin Williams for Semenov or Dvorak straight up???

Way too much for Sykora, and Semenov might get you Williams, I doubt Dvorak would

Old
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Varius

As a Ducks' fan, I think that woudl be overpaying by EDM (those three players for Sykora). If I were the Ducks I would go for Dvorak/Semenov for Sykora though.

We desperately need someone who can play on the PK effectively, which I think Dvorak can (?). Semenov is huge and still has lots of potential, so I don't see any problems taking him.

Sykora might score more than Dvorak this season, but he's not looking like it so far...so I'd do that deal!

Old
10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Way too much for Sykora, and Semenov might get you Williams, I doubt Dvorak would
I don't agree. Williams seems to be one of the future core players in Carolina. It would probably take about the same to get him as it would to get Cole.

10-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
As a Ducks' fan, I think that woudl be overpaying by EDM (those three players for Sykora). If I were the Ducks I would go for Dvorak/Semenov for Sykora though.

We desperately need someone who can play on the PK effectively, which I think Dvorak can (?). Semenov is huge and still has lots of potential, so I don't see any problems taking him.

Sykora might score more than Dvorak this season, but he's not looking like it so far...so I'd do that deal!
That's why Moreau straight up would work. However, when you think about it, the Ducks haven't exactly been offensive dynamos this year, so they probably need to keep all of the offense they can.

Old
10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
As for dealing for Justin Williams... really, trading for guys who are playing their best hockey is never an easy move. Williams is cheap to keep and there wouldn't be much reason to move him at this moment. Wait until his next slump and make the deal then, and maybe it is easier to make.
That's Jason, not Justin. Justin is the one having the somewhat dissapointing year so far in Carolina. He just seems so hesitant to shoot, looking to pass first. However, he is valuable on the PK and still has potential, somewhere.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
PigPen

Edmonton needs a goaltender more than a forward. Anything to get Conklin out of the lineup.

Old
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I'd take Moreau straight up for Sykora.

Sykora is going to be a UFA this summer, and I don't think he is going to help the Ducks accomplish much this season.

He has completly lost his scoring touch.
I would love to do that deal even if Sykora is a FA. He is what we need now, and if he found his scoring touch it would be a great move by the Oilers while the Ducks would get a 3rd line checker who would be a lot cheaper and he'd add a lot to the Ducks PK.

Old
10-23-2005, 08:16 AM
AlMo

Sykora could definantly be had. Probably cost you a prospect and pick. Williams on the other hand is not leaving Carolina especially for Semenov or Dvorak. The Canes are an up and coming team and Williams is a young player with some good upside.

Old
10-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Pepper

Moreau for Sykora?? Where do I sign?

Old
10-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Bring Back Smyth

There is no way that Anaheim would trade Sykora for Moreau.

Closed Thread