HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What Would It Take For Edm to Get Sykora or Williams???

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
  #1
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
What Would It Take For Edm to Get Sykora or Williams???

They are 2 players that haven't started out very strong out of the gates on teams that are struggling. Could teh oilers land Sykora for Dvorak,Moreau,and Semenov??? How about Justin Williams for Semenov or Dvorak straight up???

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 04:05 PM
  #2
Michael Karlstrom II
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I think you like Sykora alot more than I do. When you figure that most trades these days are going to be contract moves to manage the cap, dealing three somewhat useful and fairly smartly paid assets for one guy that is overpaid for what he brings would be a very bad deal for the Oil.

If your heart is set on Sykora, I think you could definitely have him for that package.

As for dealing for Justin Williams... really, trading for guys who are playing their best hockey is never an easy move. Williams is cheap to keep and there wouldn't be much reason to move him at this moment. Wait until his next slump and make the deal then, and maybe it is easier to make.

Usually teams only make deals when they have problems or need to shake things up... or when they are trying to put together the last piece to make a run at making noise in the playoffs. Unless there is a motivation factor like this in place, its hard to greenlight a fantasy trade as being realistic.

I can see the Oilers making a move to shake things up since they are now struggling, but it will likely be for a goaltender and will likely involve moving a problem that they have like Georges Laraque who seems to be a bad example to the rest of the team in how he just isnt willing to do what he should do to be useful to the team.

 
Old
10-22-2005, 04:20 PM
  #3
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,138
vCash: 500
I'd take Moreau straight up for Sykora.

Sykora is going to be a UFA this summer, and I don't think he is going to help the Ducks accomplish much this season.

He has completly lost his scoring touch.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
  #4
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,882
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
They are 2 players that haven't started out very strong out of the gates on teams that are struggling. Could teh oilers land Sykora for Dvorak,Moreau,and Semenov??? How about Justin Williams for Semenov or Dvorak straight up???

Way too much for Sykora, and Semenov might get you Williams, I doubt Dvorak would

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
  #5
Varius
Registered User
 
Varius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
As a Ducks' fan, I think that woudl be overpaying by EDM (those three players for Sykora). If I were the Ducks I would go for Dvorak/Semenov for Sykora though.

We desperately need someone who can play on the PK effectively, which I think Dvorak can (?). Semenov is huge and still has lots of potential, so I don't see any problems taking him.

Sykora might score more than Dvorak this season, but he's not looking like it so far...so I'd do that deal!

Varius is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
  #6
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Way too much for Sykora, and Semenov might get you Williams, I doubt Dvorak would
I don't agree. Williams seems to be one of the future core players in Carolina. It would probably take about the same to get him as it would to get Cole.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 06:02 PM
  #7
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
As a Ducks' fan, I think that woudl be overpaying by EDM (those three players for Sykora). If I were the Ducks I would go for Dvorak/Semenov for Sykora though.

We desperately need someone who can play on the PK effectively, which I think Dvorak can (?). Semenov is huge and still has lots of potential, so I don't see any problems taking him.

Sykora might score more than Dvorak this season, but he's not looking like it so far...so I'd do that deal!
That's why Moreau straight up would work. However, when you think about it, the Ducks haven't exactly been offensive dynamos this year, so they probably need to keep all of the offense they can.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
  #8
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 25,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
As for dealing for Justin Williams... really, trading for guys who are playing their best hockey is never an easy move. Williams is cheap to keep and there wouldn't be much reason to move him at this moment. Wait until his next slump and make the deal then, and maybe it is easier to make.
That's Jason, not Justin. Justin is the one having the somewhat dissapointing year so far in Carolina. He just seems so hesitant to shoot, looking to pass first. However, he is valuable on the PK and still has potential, somewhere.

What the Faulk is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
  #9
PigPen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 500
Edmonton needs a goaltender more than a forward. Anything to get Conklin out of the lineup.

PigPen is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
  #10
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I'd take Moreau straight up for Sykora.

Sykora is going to be a UFA this summer, and I don't think he is going to help the Ducks accomplish much this season.

He has completly lost his scoring touch.
I would love to do that deal even if Sykora is a FA. He is what we need now, and if he found his scoring touch it would be a great move by the Oilers while the Ducks would get a 3rd line checker who would be a lot cheaper and he'd add a lot to the Ducks PK.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 08:16 AM
  #11
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Sykora could definantly be had. Probably cost you a prospect and pick. Williams on the other hand is not leaving Carolina especially for Semenov or Dvorak. The Canes are an up and coming team and Williams is a young player with some good upside.

AlMo is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 08:22 AM
  #12
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,405
vCash: 500
Moreau for Sykora?? Where do I sign?

Pepper is offline  
Old
10-23-2005, 11:19 AM
  #13
Bring Back Smyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
There is no way that Anaheim would trade Sykora for Moreau.

Bring Back Smyth is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.