Kamil Piros

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 09:41 PM
G-Double

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Kamil Piros

I realize he has been seeing a fair amount of icetime, earlier with Savard and Kozlov and more recently with Stefan and McEachern, my question is, how does he look? Does he look overwhelmed or is he contributing to the line that he plays on, both offensively and defensively? Also, do you see him staying up most of the year and what events do you see leading him to being set down? besides his playing like crap?Thanks and good luck

Old
10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Holly Gunning

He's been on the second line with Stefan and Kovalchuk, not the other players you mention. On the PP it's different folks, but it changes.

He looks fine. He's playing very responsibily and smartly. Not a lot of flashy moves so far, just simple plays. I think this is a result of Bob Hartley's warnings of what he had to do to keep his job. I don't see why he wouldn't stay up given that the team lacks scoring with Heater out. I could see him demoted to the third line if someone else is brought in via trade, but I don't see why he would be sent down.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:55 AM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
yea, i could have sworn i saw that he played a few shifts recently with those other two guys but as you mentioned it was likely the PP shifts when Kovalchuk was on the point....thanks for the heads up...i wish there were more ATL posters cuz i don't have center ice this year and can't follow the team as in the past.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:24 AM
Voynich

Kamil has been fairly invisible so far this season, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I can't really remember any glaring defensive lapses, on the other hand I can't recall any decisive offensive moves either.

I do like the fact that he is back checking like a possessed man and hitting anything that moves. I was expecting a bit more offensive punch from him though.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Barney Stinson76

I have Piros in a keepers league! Should i stay at him or drop him???
What would you guys do???

THX LP66

Old
10-23-2003, 12:09 PM
ATLThrashers15

Hartley challenged him in the paper on Wednesday, wait a little longer and see if he responds.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:37 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Hartley challenged him in the paper on Wednesday, wait a little longer and see if he responds.

Well he didn't score on Thursday. Was he still invisible in that game?

Old
10-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Well he didn't score on Thursday. Was he still invisible in that game?
Pretty much. He got a little over 8 minutes of ice time, that is the second least amount on the squad. He did look like he was trying to make something happen offensively but couldn't.

He will probably be on his way to Chicago soon unless he starts to produce.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:12 AM
Holly Gunning

The team is winning. No one is going anywhere.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:09 AM
Atlanta Jim

Piros

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
The team is winning. No one is going anywhere.
I agree. Hartley won't mess with things too much while they are winning. However, we do need Stefan or Piros to step up even if its to be able to package them in a deal for another scorer.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:20 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Jim
I agree. Hartley won't mess with things too much while they are winning. However, we do need Stefan or Piros to step up even if its to be able to package them in a deal for another scorer.
I think they responded minimally with the ice time they got. They played harder offensively, but not good enough to move up from that fourth line.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:39 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Winning or not, the performance of the 2nd line at even strength is piss poor. I do not see how sending down Piros would affect this team one way or the other.

The team is on a roll now, but either someone steps up in the 2nd line role(right now it is RandyRob and Serge's turn) or they make a move for a Top 6 forward.

It did not take Patty long to play his way off the 2nd line.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:54 AM
dunwoody_joe

Patty was invisible last night. Really did nothing of note.

I have been a proponent of his, thinking that he was on the verge. I was right, he's on the verge of being gone (I now think). Nothing from his recent play suggests to me that he's a long-term asset to this club.

Unless he's ill or hurt, if I was DW I would start the trade dialogue. If Edmonton wants him for Comrie, I would make that trade now. I would not have 2 weeks ago.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Holly Gunning

He's streaky, always has been. I'm not concerned...yet.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Voynich

Kamil isn't producing. His ice time is shrinking. If he doesn't start producing then he will be on the way to Chicago. Even if the team is still winning.

I don't expect any moves immediately, they'll probably give him another 5 or so games to get it together. If he doesn't then he won't play.

There very well may not be many changes while the team is winning, or even reasons to make changes, but I can't see Piros staying on the ice if he is in Hartley's dog house. Just ask Tjarnqvist.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Holly Gunning

And bring up who exactly? You can't say someone should be sent down without saying who would take their place.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Voynich

Send back Piros and bring me Karl Stewart.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Cyclops II*

Forget Karl Stewart. Give Gamache an audition while it is still early in the season.

Old
10-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 848
A side note to the deal that landed Piros in Atlanta- When the deal was made, Dave Waddell said he was offered his choice from a list of prospects and he chose Piros. I think it's likely that Ales Kotalik was also on that list. He and Piros were similarly rated. HF had Piros rated a bit higher due to an impressive showing at the WJC's.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I believe you meant DON Waddell (a great one game wonder as an NHL player for the Los Angeles Kings.)

Old
10-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 848
I will just call him Waddell. For some reason I'm always calling him Dave. :p

Old
10-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Holly Gunning

Don thinks Piros is the best stick-handler in the organization. Think about who all that includes, and that's a huge compliment. So yeah, he's high on him, getting him to a place where he can succeed is another matter.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:08 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Don thinks Piros is the best stick-handler in the organization. Think about who all that includes, and that's a huge compliment. So yeah, he's high on him, getting him to a place where he can succeed is another matter.

Piros played a decent game against the Predators...at least he seemed to be hustling more. Kamil along with Stefan appear to be heading towards coach Hartley's doghouse so they're both going to have to step up a touch to meet their potential

Old
10-27-2003, 05:41 AM
Simpleton

vCash:
I thought Piros played well the last two games (NSH/FLA) and actually created a few opportunities in his limited time. I think both he and Santala are a little snake-bit right now in terms of having something to show (points-wise) for their efforts.

Piros' is yet another guy who could stand to benefit from the top 2 center that we so desperately need. I've noticed several times that while he's trying to make something happen in the offensive zone there seems to be no one else around. He also needs a little more strength, as he often gets bumped off the puck down low.

That said, he's a fantastic puck-handler and pretty creative when on his game. Despite the defensive issues, I'd love to what Ilya and Kamil could do with someone like Comrie or Lang in between them.

Closed Thread