HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Betts sent back to Philly - Failed Physical

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2011, 12:18 PM
  #76
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Awards:
Unfortunate that Betts didn't pass the physical. He would have been great centering the fourth line with Moen and White on wing. He's a good face-off guy and can kill penalties. It's a shame really.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:18 PM
  #77
KanyeWestLEGEND*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Hahaha, I find this extremely humorous because of how excited you all were about a marginal player.
LOLLL yeah, habs fan on hfboards = Epic LOL.

bringing my popcorn for this thread

KanyeWestLEGEND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:20 PM
  #78
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Sorry, I was unclear. My question, I guess, is when the physical took place. Sending him back now implies he just failed the physical. If he had the physical 5 days ago, then why would he only be getting sent back now?

I would have thought that would be the first thing a team does after claiming a player?
The injury must have been worse than previously thought. The Habs knew he couldn't go for game 1 (due to some unknown lower body injury) and I guess after they dug a little deeper they found out he'll be out a lot longer. Only speculation on my part, but if he were only going to miss a couple of games I doubt Montreal would send him back to Philly.

Now it's up to the league to determine whether or not Betts was significantly injured before being waived. Considering how small a part Betts would play on either team, this is probably more about finances than anything right now.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
  #79
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Unfortunate that Betts didn't pass the physical. He would have been great centering the fourth line with Moen and White on wing. He's a good face-off guy and can kill penalties. It's a shame really.
Too good to be true I guess...that we got him for free.

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
  #80
Jesse Pinkman
Registered User
 
Jesse Pinkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Things just keep on getting better don't they...

Jesse Pinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
  #81
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!
 
TheHabMan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Did this honestly just happen?

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
  #82
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Why don't we wait for REAL, CREDIBLE informations about it ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
  #83
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500
This is ****ing ridiculous

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:27 PM
  #84
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
PG is a total joke. No idea how to actually improve his team.
Yah what an idiot! He can't even use his crytal ball to see if a player he got for free was injured. What a jack ass!

Seriously, it sucks that he didn't pass his physical, but how is our GM supposed to know unless he acquires him and makes him pass a physical which is standard protocol.

My guess is that my hypothesis about nittany is correct after all. He's a troll who won't like anything management does. Can't get more obvious than this. He wants Betts, when Betts is acquired he laughs because he is not tough, then when he is sent back, he laughs because he is sent back. Does it get any obvious than that? no.

So what do you even contribute to this board? Nothing. Must be a sad world you live in that you need to contradict yourself just to disagree.


Last edited by Andy: 10-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:29 PM
  #85
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yah what an idiot! He can't even use his crytal ball to see if a player he got for free was injured. What a jack ass!

Seriously, it sucks that he didn't pass his physical, but how is our GM supposed to know unless he acquires him and makes him pass a physical which is standard protocol.

My guess is that my hypothesis about nittany is correct after all. He's a troll who won't like anything management does. Can't get more obvious than this.
About 15 other teams passed on him... I guess some GM's know better than others...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
  #86
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
trade a 4th for Steckel, oh wait...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
  #87
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
About 15 other teams passed on him... I guess some GM's know better than others...
How will Gauthier ever get back those 30 seconds it took for him to claim Blair Betts off waivers?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
  #88
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
About 15 other teams passed on him... I guess some GM's know better than others...
That is stupid logic.

If GMs knew Betts was injured, then they could all complain to the nhl that the Flyers violated waiver protocol by waiving an injured player.

Seriously, you gusy make no sense and are taking this to bash management for no reason, further showing you true colors. You guys are trolls and it's obvious.

If Philly tells people Betts is injured, then they admit violating waiver protocol...why would they tell people when it ****s them over?

Gauthier had a need and picked up a guy for free to fill that need, he failed the physical and was sent back...why is it a bad move? He filled a hole and the guy failed because the Flyers tried to pull a fast one. Now the Flyers are over the cap and perhaps could face a penalty if proven that they knew about the injury.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:35 PM
  #89
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
About 15 other teams passed on him... I guess some GM's know better than others...
Or you know, you could go with the highly logical explanation in that those 15 teams did not have a use for Betts.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:36 PM
  #90
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
It's a bad move cuz it's a need that could have been addressed months ago.

And Andy, or whatever your name is - try not to make up bogus facts to back up your argument. (I never said anything about Betts not being tough enough).

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:37 PM
  #91
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Who is still available that can help our Habs?

Madden?
McCabe?
Begin?





Is there a link of available UFAs...?

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:38 PM
  #92
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Or you know, you could go with the highly logical explanation in that those 15 teams did not have a use for Betts.
It's 50-50. You could be as right or as wrong as me... But it smells fishy as hell.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:38 PM
  #93
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 500
This is seriously bad news... now we're stuck Enqvist! Noooo!! haha

Habs13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:39 PM
  #94
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Who is still available that can help our Habs?

Madden?
McCabe?
Begin?





Is there a link of available UFAs...?
Bégin would play for free lunches to get back with the Habs...

I like Steve but no...

Habs missed a huge opportunity last week by not acquiring Steckel.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
  #95
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
****, we're now stuck with Engvist...

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
  #96
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
It's a bad move cuz it's a need that could have been addressed months ago.

And Andy, or whatever your name is - try not to make up bogus facts to back up your argument. (I never said anything about Betts not being tough enough).
How was getting a player that filled a direct need a bad move? You're making no sense. You're a troll and just admit it, it's painfully obvious.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:43 PM
  #97
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
It's a bad move cuz it's a need that could have been addressed months ago.

And Andy, or whatever your name is - try not to make up bogus facts to back up your argument. (I never said anything about Betts not being tough enough).
I agree with Andy. I don't get people criticizing the GM for the very logical decisions of both picking up a player that we would find useful and sending him back for failing a physical.

I think PG addressed a need that was created due to injuries, and has been making good moves since he was appointed as GM. And how do you know that management wasn't trying to address this need "months ago"?

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
  #98
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I agree with Andy. I don't get people criticizing the GM for the very logical decisions of both picking up a player that we would find useful and sending him back for failing a physical.

I think PG addressed a need that was created due to injuries, and has been making good moves since he was appointed as GM. And how do you know that management wasn't trying to address this need "months ago"?
Gauthier'management is very short-sighted. He is just fixing the pot holes, giving away young players and good second-round picks.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
  #99
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,944
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sign Madden now.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:48 PM
  #100
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
How was getting a player that filled a direct need a bad move? You're making no sense. You're a troll and just admit it, it's painfully obvious.
A need that existed months ago.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.