HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Jaffe Back Covering Isles?

Old
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
frankthefrowner

vCash: 500
The real difference between Butch and Jaffe is that Jaffe has been at this for about 15 years. IMO it is NOT fair to compare Butch to Jaffe as there is no Comparison.

I think at this point it would be bad to just yank the job away from Butch without atleast giving him another season. But he was pretty bad im not gonna lie.

The other thing, you guys had a dissapointing season last year. So at times watching the games were already painful for you then you add in butch and it just makes him seem that much worse. Get off to a Hot start and your probably not gonna give a crap about Butch's commentary.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
The real difference between Butch and Jaffe is that Jaffe has been at this for about 15 years. IMO it is NOT fair to compare Butch to Jaffe as there is no Comparison.

I think at this point it would be bad to just yank the job away from Butch without atleast giving him another season. But he was pretty bad im not gonna lie.

The other thing, you guys had a dissapointing season last year. So at times watching the games were already painful for you then you add in butch and it just makes him seem that much worse. Get off to a Hot start and your probably not gonna give a crap about Butch's commentary.
It's like watching an elephant try to play tennis.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Thats not fair to the elephant.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
...with peanuts as tennis balls?

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Butch doesnt annoy me so much...its perspective to me
Getting angry at how much our color guy sucks (and he isnt that great, but getting a little better)

Things that upset Pnut
1-My sister (a big one)
2-The way the gov't is in cohoots with the Banks & Wall Street, thankfully people are standing up finally.
3-NYRanger fans that act every year that there buying spree over the summer (when girls are still in bikinis) matters dick.
4-People who hate the NY Yankees

Butch Goring is not among the special few

It is funny how I was one if not the ONLY person on this board who liked Jaffe from the start. Jaffe got better over time and so will our Butchie. Well maybe....

I like Jaffe and Butch Goring did get better, he did less mispronunciations and actually did do some analyzing of the game.....lets give him one more chance

C'mon guys(?)
*clears throat, straightens tie*

**** the Yankees!

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Pondwaterpierre*

I was thinking about this last night. The Isles, Rangers and Devils all have the worst commentators on hockey yet the best one in hockey is sitting in a studio. WTF were the Isles thinking putting Goring as the commentator? I guarantee you Jaffe will be Rangers commentator in the next year or so whenever Micheletti's contract runs out.

Pondwaterpierre* is offline   Reply With Quote