HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Betts sent back to Philly - Failed Physical

Old
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 500
****! this sucks

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

like i said when we picked him:

"i wouldn't put it past holmgren to waive an injured player".

holmgren at his best

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
thats what happens when you shop at the dollar store
we have a winner

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
And buddah, yea it's important to have penalty killers if you haven't noticed. After Pleky and Moen, we have nothing. And faceoffs? Don't get me started on our faceoffs.
I never said otherwise.

Gionta and Gomez are both good penalty killers, as are Engvist, and White. Penalty killing is one of the least of our worries, we have a top 10 PK in the league(if not better).

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I guess I'm a little slow today so please enlighten me....Why the heck would we make representation out of a small injury that would heal properly with little time? Unless, he's finally injured way more than anticipated...why not just accept him and deal with his injury as we move along? 'Cause we have other plans? Wouldn't a healthy Betts be better than Engqvist anyway?

Don't get it.

Unless Eller coming back is a reason why our doctors found Betts unfit....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:11 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Gauthier is a frickin' GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess I'm a little slow today so please enlighten me....Why the heck would we make representation out of a small injury that would heal properly with little time? Unless, he's finally injured way more than anticipated...why not just accept him and deal with his injury as we move along?
Depends on the seriousness of the injury and whether they were planning to play him once Eller was back. Also, not having him retroactively clears out cap space; that is a consideration.

Anyway, fourth line center on a one-year deal. There is no conceivable way in which this can be a franchise-crippling move either way...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Whatever I was not crazy about picking him up, not against it but not as happy as some around here. Better to send him back then have him take up cap space if he can't play for a while. We needed him now, not in two weeks from now.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:52 PM
habsrule22

the NHL should really nail philly for this, it s bush league and unprofessional.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Gauthier is a frickin' GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Earlier this week: "Pick him up Gauthier! It couldn't hurt! Even if his shoulder isn't healed, he has to be better than Engqvist! He'll add some veteran presence! Who cares! Go for it!"

Today: "Gauthier's a moron! How could he not have done his homework!? Who picks up an injured player?! What a joke!"

Keep it up kids.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Earlier this week: "Pick him up Gauthier! It couldn't hurt! Even if his shoulder isn't healed, he has to be better than Engqvist! He'll add some veteran presence! Who cares! Go for it!"

This week: "Gauthier's a moron! How could he not have done his homework!? Who picks up an injured player?! What a joke!"

Keep it up kids.
Don't take SouthernHab seriously, 99% of his posts in the GDT are about hating Martin/Gauthier.

Also it was more like, "Gauthier sucks and is a moron, he won't pick up Betts, he's too tough to be on our team!"

to, "Gauthier is a moron for picking injury prone Betts!"

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
sammy d

Kids is the key word here.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:59 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Depends on the seriousness of the injury and whether they were planning to play him once Eller was back. Also, not having him retroactively clears out cap space; that is a consideration.

Anyway, fourth line center on a one-year deal. There is no conceivable way in which this can be a franchise-crippling move either way...
What everyone is missing here is that we could have taken other actions rather than wasting time on the Betts pick up. Perhaps no harm done but Holmgren has cost us about a week of time in taking other actions to obtain a 4th line Center. We could have lost out on a UFA or other player because of this, and Holmgren and the Flyers should be fined for it.

It is actually quite a serious situation, and Holmgren is not going to be appreciated by other GM's for this. If Buttman does not act on this, then he is a joke. Some investigation at least is required.

On thing we should appreciate about PG and the Habs is they always act in good faith, they don't cheat other teams, and they treat players very well. I think the Habs are appreciated by other teams for this, and I think they benefit now and then for it, with fair deals from other GMs.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

gauthier had no way to know that betts was injured. teams don't have that kind of access toward other team's players and that's the bottom line. gauthier, rightfully, assumed that betts would be healthy and that holmgren wouldn't pull **** like this, but holmgren will be holmgren so there is always that...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:14 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
You'd hope the league would punish the Flyers for this, they are constantly violating the CBA.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:52 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
gauthier had no way to know that betts was injured. teams don't have that kind of access toward other team's players and that's the bottom line. gauthier, rightfully, assumed that betts would be healthy and that holmgren wouldn't pull **** like this, but holmgren will be holmgren so there is always that...
This is why they do physicals for the player when he arrives...how would PG know this guy is already injured? Some people on here should look in the mirror when calling out a genius...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote