HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Anybody in Atlanta able to get the Canes game? Not on FSS for me, and blacked out otherwise on GCL.
It's on for me.

Old
10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Anybody in Atlanta able to get the Canes game? Not on FSS for me, and blacked out otherwise on GCL.
Yeah i'm able to get it. Game is 0-0 after 1.

Old
10-08-2011, 07:09 PM
kevinqx

Well, in Atlanta, I can't seem to get any games on CenterIce from Comcast, nor can I get the Predators via GameCenter because it says I my region is blacked out.

This is unbelievably frustrating. My team gets moved to Canada, and the powers that won't let me watch my new team.

Old
10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinqx View Post
Well, in Atlanta, I can't seem to get any games on CenterIce from Comcast, nor can I get the Predators via GameCenter because it says I my region is blacked out.

This is unbelievably frustrating. My team gets moved to Canada, and the powers that won't let me watch my new team.
at least a stream?

Old
10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:

I have the Canes game on mute while i'm listening to the Preds game online.

Old
10-08-2011, 07:36 PM
kevinqx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Thanks for the article, I didn't realize about the double black out region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
at least a stream?
I tried the one that I saw on the GDT, and I just get rainbow bars. Even if I could get it, I've never been impressed by the quality of bootleg restreams, it always looks god-awful and inconsistent, especially on our larger TVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLfan25 View Post
I have the Canes game on mute while i'm listening to the Preds game online.
Yes I noticed the Canes game was on FSS. However, I'm not interested in the Canes. As far as listening to the Preds goes, I can listen to teams on the radio from time to time, but I can't do that for more than half the games during the year.

Anyway, I don't mean to whine, I'm just frustrated. Thanks for the suggestions and information.

Old
10-08-2011, 07:40 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Thanks for the article, I didn't realize about the double black out region.

I tried the one that I saw on the GDT, and I just get rainbow bars. Even if I could get it, I've never been impressed by the quality of bootleg restreams, it always looks god-awful and inconsistent, especially on our larger TVs.

Yes I noticed the Canes game was on FSS. However, I'm not interested in the Canes. As far as listening to the Preds goes, I can listen to teams on the radio from time to time, but I can't do that for more than half the games during the year.

Anyway, I don't mean to whine, I'm just frustrated. Thanks for the suggestions and information.
The Preds first game to be televised here will be on Thursday.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Time to trade coke in for pepsi & home depot for loews?

Old
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Broom of the System

Jets have looked absolutely awful so far, but it's still early.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Jets have looked absolutely awful so far, but it's still early.
Damn, if I was Camelleri I'd be pissed that I couldn't get immediate medical attention right there. He looked scared.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Damn, if I was Camelleri I'd be pissed that I couldn't get immediate medical attention right there. He looked scared.
Yeah, that was a bad situation.

Old
10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
jcupp

Anyone happen to catch the prejudice comment about Atlanta wouldn't have known that wasn't a penalty on Byfuglien?

I used to like Canadians. These boards and freaking idiot commentators have changed my mind. That comment really pissed me off.

I think we need a wall on the Canadian border.

Last edited by jcupp: 10-09-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
IcedinGold
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
Anyone happen to catch the prejudice comment about Atlanta wouldn't have known that wasn't a penalty on Byfuglien?

I used to like Canadians. These boards and freaking idiot commentators have changed my mind. That comment really pissed me off.
I was just about to say the same thing! That comment was unnecessary...they even said that the Atlanta fans wouldn't have known the FIRST name of the opposing goaltender like these Jets fans (chanting Carey, Carey...even before they scored a goal)

Old
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:

Not listening/watching so don't care. Go Preds!

Old
10-09-2011, 06:44 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:

I caught it too. The part about not knowing Price's first name was a nice way to finish off the insult.

Overall, their media and broadcasters never had much class to begin with. Now they are just so full of themselves with one more team that it's coming out in waves.

Playing to your target audience is one thing, the comment crossed that line. It's not like they're gonna stop though.
In a way, that's good. They'll just keep making themselves look more and more foolish, far more so that we could ever do.

Old
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedinGold View Post
I was just about to say the same thing! That comment was unnecessary...they even said that the Atlanta fans wouldn't have known the FIRST name of the opposing goaltender like these Jets fans (chanting Carey, Carey...even before they scored a goal)
Anyone not expect those types of cheap shots it's gonna happen all year long.

Old
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Anyone not expect those types of cheap shots it's gonna happen all year long.
Those who care enough need to compile as many of these insults as they can (on-air and in print), find a creative way to put them together some point in the year, then send them to someone willing to put the story out.
That would be one hell of a compilation.

Never gonna stop them from doing it; I'm cool if it only gets put back in their face once. They can throw as many little rocks as they want, as long as someone drops just one cluster-bomb on them.

Old
10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Those who care enough need to compile as many of these insults as they can (on-air and in print), find a creative way to put them together some point in the year, then send them to someone willing to put the story out.

Never gonna stop them from doing it; I'm cool if it only gets put back in their face once. They can throw as many little rocks as they want, as long as someone drops just one cluster-bomb on them.
Wait until you start reading Scott Burnside's articles and his cheap shots toward the Preds. This is the life of a Southern hockey fan, Media People and people here complain that they is not many of us here and then insult the ones of us that are fans.

Old
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post

If you watch ESPN's College Gameday, you'll always see at least one huge Washington State Cougars flag in the background no matter where the premier game is being played. Basically, a bunch of WSU alums decided that they would ship this flag to an alum close to the city for the upcoming game, complete with an instruction book on how to make sure that it's displayed in plain sight for everyone to see.

Since no one would actually print a story detailing the ridiculous slings and arrows directed toward Atlanta...who's got a giant Thrashers flag?

Quote:
Wait until you start reading Scott Burnside's articles and his cheap shots toward the Preds. This is the life of a Southern hockey fan, Media People and people here complain that they is not many of us here and then insult the ones of us that are fans.
True story. The poster with the user name of Palinka was actually disciplined for blasting someone with either CBC or TSN credentials at the 2007 draft (in Columbus) who had apparently made a rather unkind comment about recent expansion cities. I'll have to PM him to check this thread out; it's a pretty funny story.

Old
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
thomas magnum

Quote:

I was so damn pissed when they said this. It's so ridiculous considering that at Phillips our fans regularly did chants taunting the opposing goalie. I officially hate everything that has to do with the Winnipeg Jets. Not like I almost didn't already. I'd also like to add this is exactly why I chose to become a Preds fan instead of following the team to Canada.

I feel like I wanna go up there and Canadian Bacon those mothers, John Candy style!

Old
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
I'm pretty used to all southern hockey being trashed. Saw a different side of that sour coin when I lived in Nashville; the formula stayed the same, only the name of the team changed.

Can't take it too personal. It's the media, it's their job to attract viewers. Even though it wouldn't make a difference, I'd still like to see them get a taste of their own hypocrisy at least once. If that makes me sound bitter, so be it. It's been a crappy year (losing the Thrashers was only a blip on that radar).

Old
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
predfan98

meh.......we are used to the media comments here in nashville. However it is that attitude that comes from media --- and so is reinforced in their fans-- than makes me firmly in the camp of "root for anyone other than a canadian team."

Old
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Canadian commentators dissed Atlanta?

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Atleast they're fans went home with a whooping of a first loss.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
I was absolutely appalled by some of the comments from CBC.

There's no need for that.

Closed Thread