HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik to start Friday

Old
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
To be an Avs fan in the fans, I think Wolski will get an hard time there. This guy could be a realy good player, but played his hockey like when he was with Joe Sakic. Then, he wasn't able to get a similar center. Brad Richards supposes to be this kind of mentor for him but it seems they prefer to waste his talent. The country club philosophy is not so far away. Rangers need to change their way of thinking if they want to be on top
What?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Don't be so harsh on Torts. Really, 16 minutes man? Enough is enough about Tortorella with the line changing. That said, it will take at least 18 minutes...
In the wise words of Brad Richards, “When we were winning in Tampa we didn’t change lines much. We didn’t have to.”

Torts changes lines that don't work.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 03:45 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Our father, who art in LORD STANLEY, hockey be thy name, thy will be done, the CUP will be WON, on ice as well as in the stands. Give us this day, our hockey sticks and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us not into elimination but deliver us to VICTORY, in the name of the NEW YORK RANGERS, their FANS AND THE HOLY PUCK.....AMEN

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Levitate

I assume someone mentioned this but just to say it (possibly) again, Wolski and Stepan and Zuccarello played some of their most impressive offensive hockey paired together. I wouldn't doubt that was on Torts' mind when he made that line up, AND I'm sure Wolski will see some time on the top line at some point as well

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 04:37 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I assume someone mentioned this but just to say it (possibly) again, Wolski and Stepan and Zuccarello played some of their most impressive offensive hockey paired together. I wouldn't doubt that was on Torts' mind when he made that line up, AND I'm sure Wolski will see some time on the top line at some point as well
This is true, but that chemistry did wear off. It will be interesting to see if they can recapture that chemistry early on.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Boyle was great in the preseason, easily one of the best forwards and IMO that's just a continuation of a strong finish to last year where he was one of the most relied upon forwards. Coach would be wasting him putting him on the 4th line, he should be seeing top6 LW minutes over Feds who is offensively anemic. BB forechecks Just as good as Feds, put him on with AA and Cally.

Starting Dubi with Richards and Gabby is obviously hoping to get the hot starting Dubinsky going with Richards and Gabby who, lets face it, the other two haven't lit it up in preseason yet.

I'd rather see Feds with Step and MZA, for 3 scrappers, but I'm willing to see what Wolski can do.

Feds with the above like I mentioned or with Rupp and Prust scrapping it out on the 4th line like he did with Boyle and Prust. Bottom sixer, not a top sixer. Things aren't looking right out of the gate for this team.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 06:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

i thought erixon was recalled? is he not playing tomorrow?

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:08 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Anisimov-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Wolski-Boyle-Zuccarello
Prust-Christensen-Fedotenko

imho

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:36 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Our father, who art in LORD STANLEY, hockey be thy name, thy will be done, the CUP will be WON, on ice as well as in the stands. Give us this day, our hockey sticks and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us not into elimination but deliver us to VICTORY, in the name of the NEW YORK RANGERS, their FANS AND THE HOLY PUCK.....AMEN
LOL.

Awesome.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Kritikal

Send a message via MSN to Kritikal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
why do i get the feeling you'd complain about any line up that doesnt contain Avery, Valentenko, and Lisin?

I was actually disappointed when Lisin did not work out. He could have been a pretty good player if he had developed any hockey sense whatsoever. If I remember correctly, he was off-side more than Avery and made the worst decisions with the puck. He had the work ethic (unlike EC), just didn't have the smarts to make it in the NHL.

Kritikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
why the hell hasnt this been the lineup for even 1 preseason game

*grumble grumble grumble*
One of the benefits of having a team with very little summer turn-over is that the coach is familiar with how many of the players play together. This preseason seemed to be more about trying out new players (Richards & the kids), and putting players he is familiar with in unfamiliar positions to see how they do (e.g. Boyle with Richards and Gaborik).

My guess is that he knew exactly what Dubinsky could do for him on the first line, so tried a number of players there in the preseason to see what they'd do. And he didn't like what he saw.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:56 AM
NYRangers16

I thought Boyle looked great on line 1...

Boyle - BR -Gabby
Dubi - Ani - Cally
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Feds - Rupp - Prust

We pretty much got everything there...the top line is balanced...Boyle can go into corners and can play good D and has enough skill to keep up with BR and Gabby...the second line has undeniable chemistry and plays a two way game...the 3rd is secondary scoring and the 4th is a physical checking line with good defense. Very very balanced offense this way.

Having said this, assuming Boyle can develop chemistry on line 2, I think Dubi can put up 65+ pts on line 1 and be that #1 LW.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
NYR Viper

They are doing this because I think they feel they have a player close to the deadline who could fill that 2nd line LW spot.

IMO Wolski will be out of NY by then anyways.

Hemsky
Doan

Both would look amazing on that 2nd line.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Hemsky/Doan-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Stepan-MZA
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Dubinsky might wanna stay out of the box if he plans on helping that 1st line.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Vitto79

Not sure why Torts mixed things up when they didnt even play together in the pre-season

just put the Packline back together and if Wolski is healthy play him on the top line.

Go with Boyle, Feds, Prust again and Rupp, Stepan , Zuke

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Ahhh the ripple effects that WW stinking has on everything...

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Man I wish we had a legit LWer.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Am I the only one who thinks Callahan may be the perfect fit switchin over to the LW with richie and gabby? I do think Dubinsky is a great fit there but Callahan makes things happen every single shift and since he seems locked in right now, he may be the perfect recipe to get Richards and Gaborik hot and help jumpstart some chemistry. It may be silly to make cally play a position he's not familiar with, but I think if the line doesn't start working, it may be worth a look. The lines could shake out like this:

Callahan Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Zuccarello
Avery Stepan Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust

OR

Dubinsky Anisimov Boyle
Fedotenko Stepan Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

OR

Dubinsky Anisimov Stepan
Fedotenko Boyle Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

OR

Boyle Stepan Fedotenko
Avery Rupp Prust

I know it's too early to be changing things up this much but I think it's an option to keep in mind if we're still talking chemistry/line combos in December.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Callahan may be the perfect fit switchin over to the LW with richie and gabby? I do think Dubinsky is a great fit there but Callahan makes things happen every single shift and since he seems locked in right now, he may be the perfect recipe to get Richards and Gaborik hot and help jumpstart some chemistry. It may be silly to make cally play a position he's not familiar with, but I think if the line doesn't start working, it may be worth a look. The lines could shake out like this:

Avery Stepan Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust

OR

Dubinsky Anisimov Boyle
Fedotenko Stepan Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

OR

Dubinsky Anisimov Stepan
Fedotenko Boyle Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

OR

Boyle Stepan Fedotenko
Avery Rupp Prust

I know it's too early to be changing things up this much but I think it's an option to keep in mind if we're still talking chemistry/line combos in December.
Avery is not getting called up. We can't afford to risk having 1 mil of dead cap space just to bring him up.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Avery is not getting called up. We can't afford to risk having 1 mil of dead cap space just to bring him up.
As the team is now, you're right. But I think/hope that Wolski and his nearly 4mil cap-hit will be gone sooner than later. Christensen is fine as the 13th fwd/healthy scratch but I'd be fine if Newbury was that player instead. He's certainly not as skilled as EC but skill doesn't really help us if he doesn't use it consistently, so unless it's to replace an injured Richards, Anisimov, or Stepan, I'd rather have Newbury in the lineup than EC and Avery over Wolski in all cases.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Not sure why Torts mixed things up when they didnt even play together in the pre-season

just put the Packline back together and if Wolski is healthy play him on the top line.

Go with Boyle, Feds, Prust again and Rupp, Stepan , Zuke
Zucca is absolutely useless in a limited ice time 4.line checking role. If that`s Torts plan with him,then rather send him to the Whale or trade him ASAP

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Zucca is absolutely useless in a limited ice time 4.line checking role. If that`s Torts plan with him,then rather send him to the Whale or trade him ASAP
If he's on the right side of Step he is not in a checking role. As a Ranger fan I am more offended by Stepan getting 4th line minutes than Zucc. Although the 4th line should have Boyle, Prust and either Rupp or Feds on it. Zucc, Step and (insert LW) should be expected to provide offense. If we are playing with a lead I can see the 4th line getting more time than Step's line unless Step's line is going better than one of the other two lines and then they will get the ice time for offensive purposes.

If that other person is Hagelin I can see them "checking". I think Stepan will be a good checker as he gets stronger and I think the same for Zucc as he gets better acclimated to the NA game as he has strong puck battle skills (i.e., a good stick and quick feet). Just not this season.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Dubi is fine on the first line. Let them play it out. Learn each others games. The'll figure it out on thier own.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Dubi is fine on the first line. Let them play it out. Learn each others games. The'll figure it out on thier own.
I tend to agree, but Dubi seems to do great with the digging/cycle game... BR and Gabby not so much.

Asking Dubi to dig every puck out of the corners won't work. He looks alone against the boards (because he is) and BR and Gabby probably need a defensive-minded LW who can pass and shoot (they grow on trees right?). Seems like we've weakend our one complete line, by moving Dubi up to fill a hole he can't fill.

But I have no problem giving them some more time to see.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote