HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 5-1, spoil the party

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2011, 08:26 PM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Reading the mainboard here is always so much fun whenever the Habs win and the haters come out.. It's almost as much fun as reading on this board when they lose..
Checkout this gem (talking about Subban):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
Watch the game again and watch his sarcastic clapping to the crowd after the game or his constant talking with the refs and faking an injury by going down like the ***** he is.

If this guy would ever become a Redwing I'd stop supporting the team cause I expect some higher standards from pro athletes in hockey (this is not Basketball, Football or Baseball).

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 10-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old
10-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Checkout this gem:

Haters gona hate! The guy's a hypocrite to say he wouldn't support his team if PK were on it. I just love seeing these morons try to troll and call other teams/players cheap, fakers or whiners. If only they could see their own teams...

Old
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Checkout this gem:

Classic meltdown right there folks.

It was cute of the Jets fans to boo Subban, trying to fit in with everyone else.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
CBC's headlines just went up in a great line!

Canadiens ground Jets in Winnipeg
Air Canada Union rejects deal, set to strike

Old
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
habfan1968

Kinda wondered why the Jets fans were booing PK? He has never played there and he did not do anything tonight that would have prompted the boos? Why were they booing him?

Old
10-09-2011, 08:42 PM
TroyM

For any posters complaining about Cole's ice time, the guy is fifth for forwards in even strength ice time. And even strength is his bread and butter. As long as he is getting top 6 even strength ice time, I don't know what people are complaining about, but then again, this is Montreal. The power-play will work itself out, and he could certainly get more time there in the future, but Carolina fans seem unanimous in agreement that it isnt his thing. And he aint a PKer, so no need to whine about Cole's usage, certainly not yet.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Moen obtained more puck skills over the summer.

Maybe Cole is injured or something...he clearly looks off and he's being played like a 3rd/4th liner.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Kinda wondered why the Jets fans were booing PK? He has never played there and he did not do anything tonight that would have prompted the boos? Why were they booing him?
I don't recall any PK booing in the Bulldogs-Moose games I went to (CAREY chants in the Calder Cup run on the other hand...). Probably just fitting in with the rest of the league.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:47 PM
neofury*

At this point would not be surprised to see a UFA like McCabe signed. (Not specifically him but somebody)

Campoli is going to be out and if Spacek is out... ugh

Old
10-09-2011, 08:47 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Checkout this gem (talking about Subban):

Yeah I saw it.. That guy would take PK on his team any day as would every other PK Subban hater out their would and there are many it seems..

Seems Price is getting some hate too but that is what happens when you are very good and other fans get jealous..

Old
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Same reason people on the main forums say he isn't a future superstar.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
SB164

PKSubban1 P.K. Subban
Good bounce back game for all of us! One game at a time, next stop... #habsNation #ALWAYSON #Sizzle!

"No one in the corner have swagga like us..."

Old
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
For any foolish posters whining about Cole's ice time, the guy is fifth for forwards in even strength ice time. And even strength is his bread and butter. As long as he is getting top 6 even strength ice time, I don't know what people are complaining about, but then again, this is Montreal. The power-play will work itself out, and he could certainly get more time there in the future, but Carolina fans seem unanimous in agreement that it isnt his thing. And he aint a PKer, so no need to whine about Cole's usage, certainly not yet.
You see he's not really top 6 in strength time. Even with Cammalleri's injury: Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn all had as much if not more even strength ice and significantly more total icetime. He never averaged 14 minutes/game in any of his successful seasons. If you look at his icetime in his good seasons and bad seasons you'll notice he's best when playing 18+ (like he was in preseason). He played 9 more even strength seconds than Moen too. His icetime is definitely closer to being a 3rd liner than a top 6 forward.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
onice

I know this is kinda of petty but I'd like to know who is the moron that designed the CBC graphics. Either I'm getting too old or the moron made everything so small that you can't read anything.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You see he's not really top 6 in strength time. Even with Cammalleri's injury: Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn all had as much if not more even strength ice and significantly more total icetime. He never averaged 14 minutes/game in any of his successful seasons. If you look at his icetime in his good seasons and bad seasons you'll notice he's best when playing 18+ (like he was in preseason).
You may also have noticed that Cole, for all his goodness, is not playing great though, so the low ice time is warranted so far.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
TroyM

Quote:
You see he's not really top 6 in strength time. Even with Cammalleri's injury: Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn all had as much if not more even strength ice and significantly more total icetime. He never averaged 14 minutes/game in any of his successful seasons. If you look at his icetime in his good seasons and bad seasons you'll notice he's best when playing 18+ (like he was in preseason). He played 9 more even strength seconds than Moen too.
Over two games he is sixth in ES ice time if you include Cammalleri, which is definitely fair. I agree I'd like to see him get a bit more time, but we've also been shorthanded a lot which cuts into his available ice time cause that is not his bag. Like I said, I think he should get some PP time to see how it goes, even though he's reportedly not great at it, and I'm sure he'll get his chance there. But if he is consistently top 6 in even strength ice time, not much you can say against that.

EDIT:

Quote:
You may also have noticed that Cole, for all his goodness, is not playing great though, so the low ice time is warranted so far.
And of course this is true. He just hasn't shown a demand for more ice time yet, no doubt in my mind he'll get it going and his ice time will improve, but right now I think top 6 ES ice time is definitely fair for Cole.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Neither has Gionta but you don't reduce your veteran big money player's icetime because of it this early into the season.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
The refs were TERRIBLE. For both.

They lost because of Oduya.
And byfuglien's cheetos diet

Old
10-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
CBC's headlines just went up in a great line!

Canadiens ground Jets in Winnipeg
Air Canada Union rejects deal, set to strike

Synergy...

Old
10-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Over two games he is sixth in ES ice time if you include Cammalleri, which is definitely fair. I agree I'd like to see him get a bit more time, but we've also been shorthanded a lot which cuts into his available ice time cause that is not his bag. Like I said, I think he should get some PP time to see how it goes, even though he's reportedly not great at it, and I'm sure he'll get his chance there. But if he is consistently top 6 in even strength ice time, not much you can say against that.

EDIT:

And of course this is true. He just hasn't shown a demand for more ice time yet, no doubt in my mind he'll get it going and his ice time will improve, but right now I think top 6 ES ice time is definitely fair for Cole.
He actually has PK'd in Carolina and his PK TOI per PK goals against is pretty good but obviously we have better options. Our powerplay has been awful so it can't hurt to have Cole in front of the net or something to change things up. His 12 EV min is still 3rd liner type minutes (compared around the league). He played nearly 15 EV min in Carolina.

For the love of god take Plekanec off the point though...what a waste. It didn't work in preseason and it sure as hell didn't work in regular season perhaps it's time to change it lol.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:05 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Same reason people on the main forums say he isn't a future superstar.
Yep. Jealousy.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Craig71

Eric Cole, I want to say something positive, does Carolina have a team message board on HF? Maybe I should go there and ask questions about him and what we should expect. I am a bit puzzled by him, can't criticize, can't compliment.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Bill McNeal

A game their fans didn't give them a chance to win and nobody outside of Quebec (and our loyalists scattered across the world) wanted them to win. Down 2 men for more than 2/3 of the game. Character win, with a great performance from Price and some of our shots getting behind the opposing goaltender for once.

Can't wait for the home opener.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
You see he's not really top 6 in strength time. Even with Cammalleri's injury: Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn all had as much if not more even strength ice and significantly more total icetime. He never averaged 14 minutes/game in any of his successful seasons. If you look at his icetime in his good seasons and bad seasons you'll notice he's best when playing 18+ (like he was in preseason). He played 9 more even strength seconds than Moen too. His icetime is definitely closer to being a 3rd liner than a top 6 forward.
Didn't play the 4th line for obvious reasons so the third line got their ice time inflated though.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
la25ecoupe

I thought Habs would have had more class and win by 1 goal or lost by design.

Closed Thread