HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Where are you sitting October 15th?

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
That's all you got? Come up with something a little better than that there Sparky. And I wouldn't be yapping to much cause if Staal misses any large amount of time that AHL will be past your great NY Rangers. Look at the bright side you guys can use the Staal injury as your excuse for losses. That and the of course the Rangers fans #1 excuse The Refs cost us the game. Go check any GDT and you'll have that excuse a few times a game.

But back to the original question is Draftguru wearing the Rangers or Whale Avery jersey it's a legit question being he's on the team. Have a pleasant evening.
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

But since you tried to come here and talk **** unnecessarily, I'll at least reply to your ridiculous post. Staal may be our number 1 and without him we're definitely not a team capable of home ice advantage, however, to suggest that the Sound Tigers will finish ahead of the Rangers is an absolutely ridiculous claim. The Islanders finished with 73 points last year and the only real upgrade they've made is getting Streit back. Even though I think Tavares will take the next step, those picking the Islanders to top 85 points or even challenge for a playoff spot are in for quite a surprise come March and April.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:26 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

But since you tried to come here and talk **** unnecessarily, I'll at least reply to your ridiculous post. Staal may be our number 1 and without him we're definitely not a team capable of home ice advantage, however, to suggest that the Sound Tigers will finish ahead of the Rangers is an absolutely ridiculous claim. The Islanders finished with 73 points last year and the only real upgrade they've made is getting Streit back. Even though I think Tavares will take the next step, those picking the Islanders to top 85 points or even challenge for a playoff spot are in for quite a surprise come March and April.
We will see at the end of the year. Reasons I think the Isles can get 85+ points are as follows. 1- they will hopefully have Streit for the full year and he is a real nice addition for them on the blueline in all aspects of the game. 2-the younger guys are a years older I expect some big things from Tavares this year. 3- Their goaltending while still not great is a bit better supported this year. Unfortunately I still have sit watch DP make a mess of the game but atleast this year when he goes and he will they have some capable NHL calibre goalies in Montoya who played well for them last year and Nabakov. At least I won't have to watch young kids from the AHL not ready for the NHL be put between the pipes when they should be nowhere near a NHL rink just yet. We'll see what happens.

And briefly on Staal believe me I was not making fun of his injury I hope the kid recovers from the PCS and is able to get back on the ice soon. They cannot rush him back to soon he is far to valuable to the Rangers franchise to mess around with him. It's scary though as this happened at the end of last season he went on to play the last 8 games and playoffs and now after having the summer off is running into these complications. Hope he get's better soon.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
We will see at the end of the year. Reasons I think the Isles can get 85+ points are as follows. 1- they will hopefully have Streit for the full year and he is a real nice addition for them on the blueline in all aspects of the game. 2-the younger guys are a years older I expect some big things from Tavares this year. 3- Their goaltending while still not great is a bit better supported this year. Unfortunately I still have sit watch DP make a mess of the game but atleast this year when he goes and he will they have some capable NHL calibre goalies in Montoya who played well for them last year and Nabakov. At least I won't have to watch young kids from the AHL not ready for the NHL be put between the pipes when they should be nowhere near a NHL rink just yet. We'll see what happens.

And briefly on Staal believe me I was not making fun of his injury I hope the kid recovers from the PCS and is able to get back on the ice soon. They cannot rush him back to soon he is far to valuable to the Rangers franchise to mess around with him. It's scary though as this happened at the end of last season he went on to play the last 8 games and playoffs and now after having the summer off is running into these complications. Hope he get's better soon.
Tavares will definitely hit 75 or 80 this year, but without much of a supporting cast I fail to see how the Isles will improve so much. I could see 85 points for the team but not more than that. The issue is that the players Tavares is surrounded with Moulson and Parenteau just aren't that good, and he makes them play at a much higher level than they should be at (see: PA hitting 50 points). Comeau is a one dimensional offensive player and it's sometimes painful watching him play defense. Bailey looks lost on the ice half the time. Grabner hit 34 goals but his lack of playmaking ability has to scare Isles fans a little bit, no? As for Montoya, I haven't seen enough to say he's a legit NHL goalie yet. No one knows if Nabokov can play in the NHL anymore either, as he looked awful in the KHL last year and he's no longer playing behind the Sharks

Streit's a huge addition like I said, but I still don't see enough depth in their defense to say they can make a playoff run. At least not this year. But that's just my opinion. I think the Isles season will depend a lot on how MacDonald, Hamonic and the third line play this year. If Bailey and Comeau can hit 45-50 points maybe I'll be wrong.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:46 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Tavares will definitely hit 75 or 80 this year, but without much of a supporting cast I fail to see how the Isles will improve so much. I could see 85 points for the team but not more than that. The issue is that the players Tavares is surrounded with Moulson and Parenteau just aren't that good, and he makes them play at a much higher level than they should be at (see: PA hitting 50 points). Comeau is a one dimensional offensive player and it's sometimes painful watching him play defense. Bailey looks lost on the ice half the time. Grabner hit 34 goals but his lack of playmaking ability has to scare Isles fans a little bit, no? As for Montoya, I haven't seen enough to say he's a legit NHL goalie yet. No one knows if Nabokov can play in the NHL anymore either, as he looked awful in the KHL last year and he's no longer playing behind the Sharks

Streit's a huge addition like I said, but I still don't see enough depth in their defense to say they can make a playoff run. At least not this year. But that's just my opinion. I think the Isles season will depend a lot on how MacDonald, Hamonic and the third line play this year. If Bailey and Comeau can hit 45-50 points maybe I'll be wrong.
We will see what happens. I disagree with about Mouslon guy has back to back 30 goal year he gets the goals in the dirty areas. Agree about PAP, Bailey and Comeau. I'm not a big Comeau fan he's a nice 3rd line guy but that's it. I like Graber and they he played as the year went on they began to give him alot more responsibilty o the ice as far as PP and PK and he responded very well. Guy can flat out fly you watch games expecting to get at least on breakway or odd man rush with his speed.

As for the d they'll be OK Hamonic and AMac played well for them last year Steir is a solid d man who will probably play with Staios for while leaving Eaton, Jurcina and and Mottau to fill the other pair. I like the kid Mayfield they picked up in the 2nd round I'm not a big fan at all of Dehaan didn't like when they moved down to get him don't like it now. Unfortunately the Devils slipped in front of them at the draft and you knew there was no way he was letting Larsson get by him otherwise the Isles defense would have looked alot better for years to come.

On the goalies only game I saw Nabakov play was the preseason game vs Calgary and played very well allowing on like 20 shots. Oh well we'll see what happnes. Take care.

Old
10-06-2011, 06:24 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Behide Heatherwood Golf course. How about you?
I live off Old Town Road, near Boyle. Small world!

10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I live off Old Town Road, near Boyle. Small world!
You back in by Rush, Janet, West Braodway, John, Rodney and all in that developement?

Old
10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
You back in by Rush, Janet, West Braodway, John, Rodney and all in that developement?
Actually my best friend lives on Janet. I live off Half Mile Road, which is opposite Boyle but like a minute away from those streets.

Did you go to high school over there? I graduated from Comsewogue in 2006.

Old
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Actually my best friend lives on Janet. I live off Half Mile Road, which is opposite Boyle but like a minute away from those streets.

Did you go to high school over there? I graduated from Comsewogue in 2006.
I live on West Broadway down from Janet. I did not go to school in Pt. Jeff area only did my senior year at Smithown East and graduated in 85.

Old
10-08-2011, 08:43 PM
ghirshorn

I am looking to get tickets to the game still. Dose anyone know where I could find a pair of seats for 45-50 a piece? PM me with any ideas.

Old
10-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
We will see what happens. I disagree with about Mouslon guy has back to back 30 goal year he gets the goals in the dirty areas. Agree about PAP, Bailey and Comeau. I'm not a big Comeau fan he's a nice 3rd line guy but that's it. I like Graber and they he played as the year went on they began to give him alot more responsibilty o the ice as far as PP and PK and he responded very well. Guy can flat out fly you watch games expecting to get at least on breakway or odd man rush with his speed.

As for the d they'll be OK Hamonic and AMac played well for them last year Steir is a solid d man who will probably play with Staios for while leaving Eaton, Jurcina and and Mottau to fill the other pair. I like the kid Mayfield they picked up in the 2nd round I'm not a big fan at all of Dehaan didn't like when they moved down to get him don't like it now. Unfortunately the Devils slipped in front of them at the draft and you knew there was no way he was letting Larsson get by him otherwise the Isles defense would have looked alot better for years to come.

On the goalies only game I saw Nabakov play was the preseason game vs Calgary and played very well allowing on like 20 shots. Oh well we'll see what happnes. Take care.
Rangers or Whale jersey? Cool attempt to troll, bro.

If you're gonna be a fan of a team, at least learn how to spell the players' names right...

One week until the home opener, as Bart Scott would say, CAN'T WAIT!

Old
10-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
so all u guys want to meet up in the OFFICAL ISLANDER TATTOO PARLOR during the 1st intermission lol

Old
10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Anyone getting there early to tailgate?

Old
10-09-2011, 08:39 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghirshorn View Post
I am looking to get tickets to the game still. Dose anyone know where I could find a pair of seats for 45-50 a piece? PM me with any ideas.
Stubhub is probably your best bet at this point. Only scattered singles left on TM

Old
10-09-2011, 10:43 PM
useref15

Just bought tickets via ScoreBig in section 222. They were $68 each. Pretty good deal. This will be my first time at the coliseum. Gonna be a pain to get there. We're going to take the NJ transit to Penn then the LIRR, but which stop do we get off of to take a taxi to the arena?

Old
10-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Just bought tickets via ScoreBig in section 222. They were $68 each. Pretty good deal. This will be my first time at the coliseum. Gonna be a pain to get there. We're going to take the NJ transit to Penn then the LIRR, but which stop do we get off of to take a taxi to the arena?
Westbury on the Port Jefferson branch

10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Westbury on the Port Jefferson branch
Is that the one closest to the dump?

Old
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Is that the one closest to the dump?
Yes. According to Google Maps, it is about a 2.5 mile drive. Taxi should take 5-10 minutes.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Yes. According to Google Maps, it is about a 2.5 mile drive. Taxi should take 5-10 minutes.
alright, cool....thanks

Old
10-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

No problem, always glad to help a Ranger fan in need.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:32 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
alright, cool....thanks
I think from one of the stations you could take a bus too. Remember someone telling me that on the Isles board.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:09 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i have a block of 20 in the end the rangers shoot twice towards the top of the 300's
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
^^^ I'll be with this clown
Damn it trueblue, you really bringing him? I don't want to go now.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:10 AM
patnyrnyg

The closest LIRR station is Hempstead. Best bet is to take the LIRR to Garden City and get a cab.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:11 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Stubhub is probably your best bet at this point. Only scattered singles left on TM
You can get cheaper prices on stubhub, too.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Rangers1135

Is anyone going to get tickets to the February 24th game? I'm going there with my family dead center ice in the 300's.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:13 AM
MSuarez23119
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Anyone getting there early to tailgate?
Yes, a group of 3 of us Rangers fan are planning on tailgating. What time do they open the parking lot? I've never been there before.

Closed Thread