HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Cory Sarich hits Matt Cooke to the head [YT#1]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2011, 06:35 PM
  #226
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 15,608
vCash: 500
Players come skating in like that to scrums all the time, that doesn't mean you crosscheck them in the face.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
  #227
Saving Greiss
Drum solo of life!
 
Saving Greiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,040
vCash: 500
Altercations can be tense after whistles. However, it doesn't justify decapitating the opponent.

Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
  #228
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Wow, you guys still going on about this? There will be no suspension for anything involving Sarich.

Flames fans did the same thing and wanted Rick Nash suspended for a pretty vicious cross check to Giordano's head last year and nothing resulted.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
  #229
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,050
vCash: 500
Good. I watched the video and enjoyed it. They should proclaim Sarich the player of the week.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
  #230
stingo
Registered User
 
stingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
Cookie deserves every bit of it. Who cares.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
  #231
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
No problem on that one

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
  #232
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 500
And the NHL and all of its fans give a collective "I don't give a crap"

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:09 AM
  #233
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
And the NHL and all of its fans give a collective "I don't give a crap"
Speak for yourself.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:11 AM
  #234
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Wow, you guys still going on about this? There will be no suspension for anything involving Sarich.

Flames fans did the same thing and wanted Rick Nash suspended for a pretty vicious cross check to Giordano's head last year and nothing resulted.

So, when it happened to your guy, you thought it deserved a suspension, but now that your guy did it, you don't think it does?

Cool. Intellectual honesty like that makes posting here on HFBoards super fun.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:13 AM
  #235
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
So, when it happened to your guy, you thought it deserved a suspension, but now that your guy did it, you don't think it does?

Cool. Intellectual honesty like that makes posting here on HFBoards super fun.
Of course I thought it Nash's cross check was suspension worthy.

But when I saw that it wasn't ruled a suspension, or even looked at by the league, my opinions changed, because I had new knowledge. Precedence.

How's that for intellectual honesty?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:33 AM
  #236
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Of course I thought it Nash's cross check was suspension worthy.

But when I saw that it wasn't ruled a suspension, or even looked at by the league, my opinions changed, because I had new knowledge. Precedence.

How's that for intellectual honesty?
There is obviously a new standard. Last year cannot be used. Last year was a joke under a joke of a supplementary discipline regime. Look at Rome's suspension in the Finals.

It has always been illegal to crosscheck somebody in the face. Sarich should be suspended for it. In years gone by, it might not have happened. If the rules are applied honestly this year, as they are supposed to be, Sarich should be suspended.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:35 AM
  #237
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
There is obviously a new standard. Last year cannot be used. Last year was a joke under a joke of a supplementary discipline regime. Look at Rome's suspension in the Finals.

It has always been illegal to crosscheck somebody in the face. Sarich should be suspended for it. In years gone by, it might not have happened. If the rules are applied honestly this year, as they are supposed to be, Sarich should be suspended.
He should have been suspended for it? Not every penalty is a suspension.

Apparently the league agrees with me, as he will be playing in less than 14 hours.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:45 AM
  #238
AllByDesign
Thomas who?
 
AllByDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Location, Location!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
The worlds smallest violin is playing for Matt Cooke...

AllByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
  #239
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Speak for yourself.
We've found the only non-pens fan who cares about Cooke.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:33 PM
  #240
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,034
vCash: 500
Clean hit, full body contact

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
  #241
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold
 
Ace0813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Wish I was allowed to say what I was feeling, but I don't think this is suspendable.

Ace0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:51 PM
  #242
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,489
vCash: 500
Look at Cooke's reaction. What a faker.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
  #243
James Franco
Registered User
 
James Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Matt Cooke to the GROUND!

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.