HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 MLB / Montreal Expos Thread (June 2012 - A Rally for the Expos)

Old
10-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Empty stadium in Tampa, were all keeping out eye-ball on that! If Winnipeg can come back to the NHL, Montreal an international City can play NL ball again, for sure!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Empty stadium in Tampa, were all keeping out eye-ball on that! If Winnipeg can come back to the NHL, Montreal an international City can play NL ball again, for sure!
Not without a new Ball Park, Winnipeg got a new building to play in a few years ago and the reason the NHL went back

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
htpwn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/70...odel-untenable

Might interest you guys, although I wouldn't get your hopes up too far.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
June 2012 - A rally for the Expos

Mods, please don't merge this (or at least please change the title of the other thread).

http://www.facebook.com/ExposNation

The latest post there makes it sound as if they want to get a group of people to go see the Jays/Washington games in June (11,12,13) at Rogers Centre (formerly Skydome).

Just posting this here to spread the word. I know it's months in advance, but seeing how it's on a weekday some people may need to plan far in advance to get time off work if they want to go.

Damn right I'll be there if an Expos rally is planned, and I may even go if this whole thing falls through.

VIVE NOS AMOURS!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Coldplay
Courage

As a current Nationals fan, I will be in attendance if I can. Nothing would make me happier than to have Nos Amours return.

I'm still clinging to the hope Brulotte's story is true, and that there's some serious **** going on behind the scenes.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:45 PM
icerocket

I don't wanna sound like an ass. But the Expos are dead and they aren't coming back. Also, Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Sorry...

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I'm still clinging to the hope Brulotte's story is true, and that there's some serious **** going on behind the scenes.
At the MLB level or baseball in Montreal? Because I know a group is trying to build a small baseball stadium in Griffintown to bring a CanAm team or something like that.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
As a current Nationals fan, I will be in attendance if I can. Nothing would make me happier than to have Nos Amours return.

Seriously, how can you be a Nationals' fan? Even if I tried.... I hate them more than any other franchise in sports. I don't get it, man...

And I don't expect this to mean the Expos (or baseball) will be back in Montreal. I just think it'd be a hell of a good time.

Old
10-10-2011, 12:01 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I am going. Whenever.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!

If this catches on, screw whatever I may have planned, it can wait. Anything for Nos Amours!

Slippin Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I don't wanna sound like an ass. But the Expos are dead and they aren't coming back. Also, Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Sorry...
Hey, one can always hope...ask the Jets fans!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
1UP

If we can get to work to get our Nordiques back, you guys can get to work to get the Expos back!

But you have the same roadblocks - A new stadium and the commish.

And, really, I prefer my chances with Bettman than with Selig, that dirty rat. I'm still certain he had a hand and a heavy one in what happened to Nos Amours.

I just hope from the bottom of my heart Loria and Samson didn't do too much damage. God, was the Stade Olympique dead in the last few seasons. But get a serious owner and a new stadium and it's going to fly for sure. Baseball always flew in Montréal.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:38 AM
walsy37

Quote:

The only franchise in all of sports that I hate more than the Nats are the Marlins. How the State of Florida has not thrown Samson in jail for lying to their legislature to get their new stadium is beyond me. I hope G-d strikes that stadium with a category 5 hurricane (that turns into a rain storm immediately after.

How can you be a nationals fan?

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
KanyeWestLEGEND*

I have played baseball from the age of 6 to 21, went to the Canadian championship, played agaisnt USA team and I must say that even though it's a great sport to play, It is ****ING BORING to watch ...

I don't understand die hard fans, it is such a snoozerrr.

won't be attending

KanyeWestLEGEND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
ChoseLa

It seems impossible to me that the Expos would return, the last seasons were pretty terrible in terms of rating and attendance. To me it's hard to believe we had a MLB team not so long ago... i'm pretty sure there is other markets in the US that would get a team before us. If it happens i'd be extatic though.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
HeyTony

Bring back the Expos!

HeyTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not without a new Ball Park, Winnipeg got a new building to play in a few years ago and the reason the NHL went back
Given that the median attendance achieved by a team at MLB games this year is about 28,700 and the average attendance was about 30,300 at an MLB game what is the optimal size of a stadium.

Many stadiums have been (over)-built on best case scenarios or for that once a year event that really doesn't justify spending the extra capital expenditure. In addition, the empty seats create a horrible atmosphere and create no sense of urgency for fans to buy tickets.

The financial model should allow for a team to be profitable with an average of attendance of about 25,000. If that is not the case, then over one-third of the teams are losing money.

Given all of that, the balance between capacity and cost would indicate that a stadium of 33,000 to 35,000 would be ideal, especially for a small market team. Unfortunately Montreal's climate would demand a domed (preferably retractable) stadium and that puts the cost right out sight.

I loved the Expos and thought the entire situation was mishandled. Now that they are gone, I think the obstacles that must be overcome for a return are nearly insurmountable and that is unfortunate.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post

Sorry...
Wow. If you don't want to sound like an ass, then don't write stuff like that. Nobody knows what the future will bring, so please don't pretend you do.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:11 PM
SB164

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Former Expos great Gary Carter received good news from latest CT-scan: tumors reduced by 10%, now 75% smaller than at time of diagnosis.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Former Expos great Gary Carter received good news from latest CT-scan: tumors reduced by 10%, now 75% smaller than at time of diagnosis.
This is great news. The Kid is important to our Island, he's our catcher! #8. Looking forward to seeing him up North soon!

Old
10-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Wow. If you don't want to sound like an ass, then don't write stuff like that. Nobody knows what the future will bring, so please don't pretend you do.
YeaH 36 years of MLB, Jackie Robinson & were out of the game in his Opinion. We've been out for over 60-100 years! Why even bother in the 1st place), but we brought baseball to the Island of Montreal. Some people I swear! Are happy with no future! Terrible world ahead! We will play MLb Ball again in Montreal & it Might be in the AL With Tampa's Team. Come on! I came back to the Island, If you really have no hope in life, then whats the point? Montreal is part of North America, we have been playing baseball for ever & we will never stop!

we will again! We always have!

Why even bother doing anything? Because it's worth it!

The Expos will be back! Trust me, just be patient, were years away. Some of us are not going anywhere. American League next time though, Yankees-Red Sox-Jays!...........................us. Were working on it, almost everyday.

Never Give up!

Just, please be patient & never give up! Enjoy the World-Series.

BTW, The negative poster that calls himself icerockets, has probably never lived on the Island of Montreal, nor even had a grandfather that may have attended a Royals game @ DeLormier Downs or even a damn MLB game Vs the Mets!.... If Your going to talk Expos, be one of us!

it's E-Z to throw rocks when the animal is wounded. Were getting back, respect it! At least respect the City of Montreal! Lot's of baseball history.

Nuff Said.

Last edited by Player 61: 10-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

30 years ago today

Old
10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Frak, do I ever miss that team.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:40 PM
HabsByTheBay

There's not really a US market available that's better than Montreal. They've all got significant downsides and are all being pounded by the recession.

So the idea of an MLB team coming back to Montreal isn't that far-fetched.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
peate
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
30 years ago today
I heard a rumor that it was actually Jacques Martin who sent Steve Rodgers out in the ninth inning.

peate is online now   Reply With Quote