HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ways to keep both Schenn and Couturier all year long?

Old
10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
which I cannot see them doing, although it really solves everything.
How does waiving Shelly solve everything? Who would claim him and his contract?

They need to get rid of any pro contract to keep Couturier up all season. There are a number of guys on the phantoms in the last year of their contract who won't be back next year anyway - just trade one of them for a bag of pucks: Bourdon, Legein, Kalinski... (in no particular order).

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:05 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
How does waiving Shelly solve everything? Who would claim him and his contract?

They need to get rid of any pro contract to keep Couturier up all season. There are a number of guys on the phantoms in the last year of their contract who won't be back next year anyway - just trade one of them for a bag of pucks: Bourdon, Legein, Kalinski... (in no particular order).
It's not the idea of claiming him, but the idea to free up cap space and send his ass to the minors. If it comes to it, I wouldn't doubt if we released Betts or someone else.

But if we could trade some players who will never be in the NHL for us, it would be fine to trade one or some of them.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:07 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It's not the idea of claiming him, but the idea to free up cap space and send his ass to the minors. If it comes to it, I wouldn't doubt if we released Betts or someone else.

But if we could trade some players who will never be in the NHL for us, it would be fine to trade one or some of them.
They can't just release Betts

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:45 AM
DUHockey9

I didn't get to see Saturday's game but I was pleasantly surprised by Lilja in game 1. Had a solid game for a #6.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post

Waiving him is in essence the same thing as releasing him. However he still gets payed since NHL contracts are guaranteed and his contract still counts towards the fifty limit. The only way to get rid of a contract is to get someone else to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I didn't get to see Saturday's game but I was pleasantly surprised by Lilja in game 1. Had a solid game for a #6.
He had a couple moments in game one where he stood out in a positive way. In game two I didn't really notice him one way or another. Which is a good thing for a #6 IMO.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:51 AM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Just wait... that's how he started for us too. If he plays regularly for you guys, it'll start to haunt you later on in the season.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I recall OD started out as a nice surprise too. I expect if Lilja tries to play 82 games he's going to be pretty bad by April.

10-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I don't think so. He's playing some really shielded minutes and he's money on the PK. So he should be fine here with the minutes we rack up on the PK

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I recall OD started out as a nice surprise too. I expect if Lilja tries to play 82 games he's going to be pretty bad by April.
He was significantly better early on in the season, but so was the whole team. I don't think he was terrible later on either, though he began to show his age, it wasn't like some of the other d's we've had in recent years on the bottom pairing.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
I can't imagine that'd be the case. I thought he was brought in as a 6/7. Once we free up some space with the Betts and Schenn situations, I can see Bartulis and/or Gustafsson getting some time.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I can't imagine that'd be the case. I thought he was brought in as a 6/7. Once we free up some space with the Betts and Schenn situations, I can see Bartulis and/or Gustafsson getting some time.
I think Bart needs to pass re-entry and if that's the case we won't be seeing him again.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I think Bartulis has to go through recall, so I don't think we'll see him with the Flyers this season. Though Homer has had a few players go through in the past of course.

Goddamnit Banger, why can't you type slower.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

what do you make of Schenn right now guys? does he have a big role to play on the team or more of a wait and see approach this year...

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
what do you make of Schenn right now guys? does he have a big role to play on the team or more of a wait and see approach this year...
I think he'll be the third line C and won't get much time on the PP.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:50 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
I agree. They should limit Lilja to around the 60 game mark.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
2 assists and 2nd star in his AHL game on the weekend, good start

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote