HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 5 untradable predators

Old
10-10-2011, 01:33 AM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Top 5 untradable predators

So if we were to make a move to bring in a top line forward, who would we move to do this?
I'm saying that the big three is not involved in any such deal,

So if we were to trade for an offensive powerhouse, who would be the top five ubtradable predators outside of the big three? (prospect included obviously)

My pick (in order) is,

1. Ryan Ellis
2. Jon Blum
3. Craig Smith
4. David legwand
5. Martin erat

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:46 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Ellis is one of the most tradeable, imho.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Legwand and erat have ntcs so that point is kinda moot. And if we are gonna get a current nhl roster player who is a legit big time scorer we can't really have ellis on that list because he would be the kind of prospect that a team might actually consider in a deal for a high value asset.

My list is:
Smith
Wilson

And that's pretty much it, if we want a top line forward, its gonna cost us, and more than just our throwaway pieces

Last edited by PredsV82: 10-10-2011 at 07:27 AM.
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:25 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Legwand and erat habe ntcs so that ppoint is kinda moot. And if we are gonna get a current nhl roster player who is a legit big time scorer we can't really have ellis on that list because he would be the kind of prospect that a team might actually consider in a deal for a high value asset.

My list is:
Smith
Wilson

And that's pretty much it, if we want a top line forward, its gonna cost us, and more than just our throwaway pieces
I think Poile and co. are still concentrating on trying to get a forward in. I honestly wouldn't mind trading Ellis + a high draft pick for one. We have more than enough defenseman coming up the ranks to cover the Ellis loss.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
thomas magnum

I think Ellis is only expendable once we find out if either Suter or Weber plans on re-signing.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I think Ellis is only expendable once we find out if either Suter or Weber plans on re-signing.
This. Ellis is our biggest trading chip right now, however if the idea is to use him to aquire a forward and then we lose one or both of our top pair were gonna be scrambling to fill those spots with the same level of talent. If Ellis can't fill that role then he is equally valuable as trade bait for a top 2 defensman. Trading him without locking Weber and Suter up is a mistake in my opinion.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

With the hype and Poile-Love, I would say Smith, currently, is #1.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
goalscorer

I think at this point only Blum and Smith are truly untouchable. Blum has solidified himself as a legit top 4 and Smith as of right now is the only Pred who has skipped the road through ML. With his play in the first two games, I'd have to think Poile and Trotz will keep him up and hope he turns into our "elite" forward.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

Don't know if he counts, but I'd say Radulov is pretty much untreadable, since no one would really offer what he's worth.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I would trade anyone not named Weber Suter or Rinne to get a top level forward.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
jlsg

Time has proven over and over that there is no such thing as an untouchable player when it comes to trades.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:29 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm not sure you can have untouchables (I guess that is what you meant when you said "untradable") outside of Weber, Suter, Rinne, and guys with NMCs. Even then, if any of the big three make it known that they want out they have to be traded.

I really don't think Poile is going to be so willing to pull the trigger on another forward right now. The team isn't completely healthy up front. We have only played two games, each on the road with lines designed more to limit the advantage the home team got from last change (which seems to have worked) rather than designed for optimum offensive output or chemistry. The WLS line is producing for now. The power play is producing for now. I'm thinking Poile watches the team until November at the earliest, Xmas at the latest, and goes from there, but a PP QB is likely first on the wish list ahead of a top line forward.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
maplepred

I think if we traded Ellis it could go down in the books as one of our worst trades ever. Ellis is going to be something special and I don't think there is any way he won't be a too defenseman/PP qb

I would trade Wilson, Blum or josi all before I would trade Ellis

Old
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I think if we traded Ellis it could go down in the books as one of our worst trades ever. Ellis is going to be something special and I don't think there is any way he won't be a too defenseman/PP qb

I would trade Wilson, Blum or josi all before I would trade Ellis
I have to disagree. I understand your point, and I think Ellis has a legitimate shot at being a special player. The thing is, if a deal has to be made soon you cannot give up those two roster players before giving up a defenseman who isn't even on the team yet. It would be better to just hold off

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Weber- if able to resign
suter-if able to resign
blum
Wilson
Smith

no order

Edit: after reading the OP more in depth, change Weber Suter to Legwand and Erat.

Last edited by CantbeatzPekka: 10-10-2011 at 01:30 PM.
CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Weber
Suter
Rinne
Wilson
Smith

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

The original post said outside of the big three, so I'm going to throw in my pocket change here.

-I think Blum is without a doubt one of the top young prospects in our organization, and his contributions last season solidified that notion. I'm not chomping at the bit to trade him.

-Ellis is a hit or miss, because although we all expect him to pan out to be a very good player, we don't know yet. We've been successful without him in the fold, so is he truly a necessity by assuming he's going to be fantastic, or is he a prospect we could use in a big deal?

- Smith is obviously looking good so far, but my prediction on the year is 20 or so goals, and I'm hoping for 25. If his first two goals are any indication of how he will produce for us, he may not be a prolific scorer but could fill the "secondary" goal scoring that is so vital to our successful teams.

- Wilson IMO is the most trade-able. I feel that he has a ton of skill that may not be properly utilized in Trotz's system. I just have a feeling that an uptempo team might be willing to overpay in a package including Wilson.

All in all, Ellis and Wilson are my choices to be "most trade-able", although that's kinda the opposite direction that this thread was supposed to go.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
maplepred

If we did get a star forward, we would definitely need to clear up a roster spot on the forwards.
Maybe Wilson is a better option to deal rather than Ellis. Especially if two of the big three (suts and webs) don't come back to Nashville, we will be really missing Ellis...

Old
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Blake Geoffrion comes to mind because that would be a blow to the fanbase and hurt the team's image in Town. Anyone else is possible but he's a Nashville Kid and very marketable.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:40 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Blum, current!Craig Smith and Wilson come to mind.

I think it is a possibility that Wilson could get traded, but I'd rather keep him. I think at worst, he'll be a 25g/20a type of player.

I think one of Suter and Weber will inevitably re-sign long term. the other is still a maybe.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Everlong
-

Weber
Legwand
Erat
Blum
Rinne

Wilson, Suter, and Ellis seem like guys who would garnish the most interest. Not saying that they will be dealt by any means but they seem like they would be sought after and would receive decent returns.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

As weird as it is because he isn't a star, but the one person I can not see being on another team in any way is Tootoo. Imagine the backlash from the casual fan if he's dealt, and the backlash from the die hard fan that appreciates his growth into a legitimate player. I think Tootoo will be a Pred forever and will never be traded.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:23 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
As weird as it is because he isn't a star, but the one person I can not see being on another team in any way is Tootoo. Imagine the backlash from the casual fan if he's dealt, and the backlash from the die hard fan that appreciates his growth into a legitimate player. I think Tootoo will be a Pred forever and will never be traded.
Agreed.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think you are absolutely right! He is probably THE ONLY player on this team that Poille would not consider trading! Marketing is so important and he is a HUGE draw!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I think tootoo is tradable, particularly if geoffrion continues to improve

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote