HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad would it have to get this season...

Old
10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
juve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Carbo is so good that he has no job in the nhl while Martim has over 1000 games coached and IIRC over 600 wins.
And has never won a Stanley Cup......

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
OK. Answer this. Who would you rather have behind the bench today. Carbo or Martin?
Martin in a walk. Not even close.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
old scotia

As I've stated in other posts on this forum I can't wait till Pierre Gauthier gets fired. Gainey left his flunkies in charge and still manages to be behind the scenes.

The worst part is, for this to happen MTL has to lose. I hate to se Carey Price lose but for the long term success of this team a horrible start to the season may just be what the doctor ordered.

Cheers---------MAKE WAY FOR PATTY ROY----------WINNER AT ALL LEVELS

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Carbo is so good that he has no job in the nhl while Martim has over 1000 games coached and IIRC over 600 wins.
Guaranteed this Martin's lat coaching job in the NHL. In fact had Mpntreal not sccoped him up when they did he would have fired as GM of the Panthers and be without a gig today!

The game is way passed him!

Heck Pierre McGuire would be a better coach!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Guaranteed this Martin's lat coaching job in the NHL. In fact had Mpntreal not sccoped him up when they did he would have fired as GM of the Panthers and be without a gig today!

you dont know that, it's your opinion, not a fact.

you dont know that either, it's your opinion, not a fact.

same...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
juve

I guess 28 other teams were all dying to have him.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
juve

Quote:

I agree, but why did you post this again?

Old
10-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At this point, I think that not only you'll not see a firing but even if we don't make the playoffs, you'll see new contracts being handed out. Molson and Co are just buying the philosophy. Add the fact that it's not like tons of candidates are knocking on the door with the criteria that they have to be franco....The only candidates right now for whatever position are: Patrick Roy, Martin Raymond (who TBay will let go if he is offered a head coaching job), Michel Therrien, Bob Hartley (if he can leave Europe), Guy Carbonneau (and we know it won't happen), Jean-François Houle (though he's more subject for a head coaching job with the Dogs after the Jodoin era) and/or whoever is fired this year for whatever reason between Julien and Vigneault. So a whole lot of coaching possibilities though some will say NONE are good enough.....and not a whole lot of GM jobs. Unless you immediately want Patrick Roy to do it while tons of people in here would be against. Who else am I missing?

So for the possible lack of, and the love of the people in place, I feel a new 3-year contract coming near you....whether we like it or not. I'm already prepared for it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

say it again, a 3rd time, and it may become true.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't like the idea of another rookie coach, but I would've rather had Patrick Roy as an assistant this year. At least he has emotion.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't like the idea of another rookie coach, but I would've rather had Patrick Roy as an assistant this year. At least he has emotion.
I personnally don't see Roy as a rookie as far as I'm concerned. I mean, you can't put Jean-Francois Houle and Patrick Roy in the same sentence as far as rookies are concerned.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I personnally don't see Roy as a rookie as far as I'm concerned. I mean, you can't put Jean-Francois Houle and Patrick Roy in the same sentence as far as rookies are concerned.
Players need motivation. Kirk Muller was that for us this year. I don't see much behind the bench but stone cold, stoic guys.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:02 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Roy has been a head coach for many years, for the junior side. He still has that experience.

Old
10-08-2011, 08:01 PM
HCH

I think both are safe for the remainder of the season.

In Martin's case, I think his role with the team in the future will be discussed after the season is over. Maybe it already is being discussed. It will be partly what the team wants and partly what Martin wants. Whatever his position will be, I think it will be with the Canadiens.

I don't like his coaching style but that is a personal opinion. There are other qualities, such as his unflappable personality and his professional demeanor, that bode well for future employment with team. Personally, I think we may see a change at the head coaching position but not during the season.

As for Gauthier, I think he has done a pretty reasonable job after the Gainey fiasco. He still seems a bit unimaginative compared to a few of the other GM but he hasn't killed the team's chances with horrible decisions. I think he will be here for the remainder of the season and a few more.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I think both are safe for the remainder of the season.

In Martin's case, I think his role with the team in the future will be discussed after the season is over. Maybe it already is being discussed. It will be partly what the team wants and partly what Martin wants. Whatever his position will be, I think it will be with the Canadiens.

I don't like his coaching style but that is a personal opinion. There are other qualities, such as his unflappable personality and his professional demeanor, that bode well for future employment with team. Personally, I think we may see a change at the head coaching position but not during the season.

As for Gauthier, I think he has done a pretty reasonable job after the Gainey fiasco. He still seems a bit unimaginative compared to a few of the other GM but he hasn't killed the team's chances with horrible decisions. I think he will be here for the remainder of the season and a few more.
So realistically, we are looking at probably ten more years without a Cup.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
not his fault his bosses kept thinking Lalime was going tog et the job done. Getting to game 7 of the EDF with Lalime in net a hall worthy accomplishment.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:52 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Let's just bring Roy in to GM and Coach. He'd destroy the team but at least it would be entertaining. We'd even end up with Grigorenko.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Let's just bring Roy in to GM and Coach. He'd destroy the team but at least it would be entertaining. We'd even end up with Grigorenko.
Why would a proven winner destroy the team? Hey, I could even use the Gomez super argument....if Gomez was suppose to have attracted Gionta and Cammy....my guess is that Roy would be an argument to attract some players that would want to play for such a legend.

There is a possibility that to a Roy, you can assign him old vets that will help him in the process. Though again, not sure how much help he will need but it's never bad to have experience around you.

Old
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
oh well if that's how we rate coaches, i guess a ton of them ****ing suck, including guy boucher mind you

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Teufelsdreck

As of today the Habs have as many points in two road games as the Bruins have in three home games, and the Habs one game in hand. By coincidence, each team has already been shut out once and has scored a total of five goals

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Beakermania*

Habs are 1-1-0. FIRE EVERYBODY!

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
oh well if that's how we rate coaches, i guess a ton of them ****ing suck, including guy boucher mind you
or Lindy Ruff...

Old
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Agreed, the press conferences would be great and the in game coaching in back of the bench would be quite a bit more animated.

Destroy the team? Like JM was intent on destroying OB, SK74, Pouliot, Lats, Laps, AK46,... Everyone cries about the small Habs - note the size of these JM castoffs.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Agreed, the press conferences would be great and the in game coaching in back of the bench would be quite a bit more animated.

Destroy the team? Like JM was intent on destroying OB, SK74, Pouliot, Lats, Laps, AK46,... Everyone cries about the small Habs - note the size of these JM castoffs.
How can you take yourself seriously? If the habs had these players you would just complain about how SOFT these BIG guys are. haha hypocrites! Pukes! the lot of ya!

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote