HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

News and Notes 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2011, 01:49 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-matt-bradley/
Quote:
Slava Malamud: Is the commotion around that statement by Matt Bradley affecting you?

Alex Semin: Itís total nonsense. Why pay attention? I am not little, this is not my first year playing here. So he said whatever he said Ė now what, blow it out of proportion? I already forgot about it. I donít care.
#Sashacares

There's also a bit about him preferring to talk to Tarik.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:51 AM
txpd

sasha minor?

Old
10-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Leonsis just gave a pretty lengthy interview on WTOP. Near the end, the interviewer asked him about his streaming video site, which is apparently called "snagfilms." I'm like 90% sure that the interviewer botched it and initially called it "stag films."

Also, he would appreciate more emails about the things the organization does right, and less emails complaining about the mayonnaise at the Verizon Center.

10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Katie mentions Halpern playing RW to get MJ into the lineup. I like it. I have thought all summer that we can do better than Beagle. Not better than his cap hit to save you the typing. I dont care how bad a camp MJ had, I would have liked him in the lineup to start the year. He earned it with is fine play last year. Demote his ass to 4 if he played that poorly in the preseason, for in the end, the kid needs to play, something you always hear mentioned when talking about prospects. Beagle, not so much.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Katie mentions Halpern playing RW to get MJ into the lineup. I like it. I have thought all summer that we can do better than Beagle. Not better than his cap hit to save you the typing. I dont care how bad a camp MJ had, I would have liked him in the lineup to start the year. He earned it with is fine play last year. Demote his ass to 4 if he played that poorly in the preseason, for in the end, the kid needs to play, something you always hear mentioned when talking about prospects. Beagle, not so much.
I dont.

I see it as scratching Beagle to keep Perreault in the line up.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:50 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

That 4th line is going to be interesting. I guess that means BB didn't think they did what he wanted them to do last game, because they're certainly not going to be able to play the same way tonight.

As for Halpern at RW, I'm fine with it as long as he still takes the faceoffs (or, rather, gets kicked out of them ).

Old
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
bonzaibondra12

MaJo needs to be in the lineup to play on the pk. He was a key cog in that last year, and it was much improved. His speed helps that system.

Old
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Oh, and Leonsis also said that he wants to start a wireless food ordering program, where you could use your cell phone to order food and have it delivered. That would be pretty awesome.

Old
10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
sasha minor?
Sasha major = OV. At least on RMNB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Oh, and Leonsis also said that he wants to start a wireless food ordering program, where you could use your cell phone to order food and have it delivered. That would be pretty awesome.
Not if it deliver Verizon Center mayo.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Sasha major = OV. At least on RMNB...

Not if it deliver Verizon Center mayo.
So you're the guy who's been sending him those emails?

Old
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
So you're the guy who's been sending him those emails?

Old
10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Does John Carlson always talk like Yogi Bear?

Just saw a brief interview with him, and the vocal resemblance was uncanny/awesome.

Old
10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Why I have some hope.

Still wait and see but as I said in the "bench TV and MoJo" discussions. Its all part of the plan. And it was also reinforced in the TB game. As much as I bash BB for several things. I will begin to love the guy if he can continue this trend.... and fix the damn PP/bench minors.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-tone-for-caps

Old
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Pretty sure cell phones already do that.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Capitlols

Accountability [uh-koun-tuh-bil-i-tee] (noun) - the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Why I have some hope.

Still wait and see but as I said in the "bench TV and MoJo" discussions. Its all part of the plan. And it was also reinforced in the TB game. As much as I bash BB for several things. I will begin to love the guy if he can continue this trend.... and fix the damn PP/bench minors.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-tone-for-caps
I can't deny I'm impressed by that article.

GMGM and BB obviously know that can't survive another playoff meltdown.

It's time for a bunch of these incredible talents to grow up!

No more Mr. Nice Guy who curses a lot.

It's time for BB to go FULL BELICHICK and put THE FEAR in some of these players.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

It's all about a Tiger's ability to change stripes... will these guys who were coddled accept a different tact.... what happens under adversity. These will dictate more than words.

And if these words can translate into adherence to structure and better decision making (assuming BB is a great coach they all say and his defenders suggest), this discipline should make its face shown on the ice.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
dpj0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
I can't deny I'm impressed by that article.

GMGM and BB obviously know that can't survive another playoff meltdown.

It's time for a bunch of these incredible talents to grow up!

No more Mr. Nice Guy who curses a lot.

It's time for BB to go FULL BELICHICK and put THE FEAR in some of these players.
The real test will be whether he will bench Ovechkin if Ovie keeps sucking as he did in the first two games. Does BB have the nads??

Old
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

He pulled the #1 line after the bad goal by Moore. I still blame Hammer's sargeque fumbling of the puck as much as anything.

He then put the 3rd line out on an offensive draw in a tie game with 50 sec left. That DOESN'T happen under BB. I can't recall Ovi not being out there behind and left of Backstrom from that dot in that circumstance. Then there was a whistle and another offensive draw with 20 sec I think... something like that.... and no Ovie line.

Then in OT, the first two shifts we NOT Ovie's line. I think he came out just before the PP or on it.

Very much kudos for BB. And guess what... we still got 2 pts. And even if we didn't. To me, the message was far more important than the extra pt.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
He then put the 3rd line out on an offensive draw in a tie game with 50 sec left. That DOESN'T happen under BB. I can't recall Ovi not being out there behind and left of Backstrom from that dot in that circumstance. Then there was a whistle and another offensive draw with 20 sec I think... something like that.... and no Ovie line.
It wasn't just the last 50 seconds the top line was sitting. In the last 4 minutes of the game (which included time before the Caps tied it up), they got 1 shift. And that's how it should have been -- Ovy and Backie played lousy defensively. BB was right to ride Laich-Chim-Ward down the stretch.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:43 PM
txpd

interesting take on the new discipline in force from boudreau. some props while others call him a clown for scratching johansson or claim that boudreau can't effectively deliver the harsher penalties because its too late.

not really surprised. if boudreau said they the sky was blue, somebody here would rip him for that conclusion.

btw...just for clarification. it appears that boudreau was in fact sitting semin for his late game 1 penalty when he left him on the bench for the 4 on 3 power play that started when his penalty expired. it was suggested that leaving semin off was the 4 on 3 set up.

last night there was again 4 on 3 in OT and semin was out there, replacing wideman.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

There's going to wide range of opinions on everything BB does.

Old
10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Ridley Simon

Detroit rumoured to be moving to the SouthEast??

And no one is talking about this?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...stars-cap-woes

So much for divisional domination. Removing a doormat and adding the SuperPower? I like it as it'll make for a sweet rivalry!

Thoughts?

Old
10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Capitlols

Wouldn't Nashville make the most sense though? Detroit to the Atlantic/Northeast also makes more sense. Not that I'm opposed to the DRW coming to the SE.

Old
10-12-2011, 05:33 PM
TRASHCAT

Crosby had 0 points through the first 2 games last year.

Closed Thread