HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoards Fantrax Flyers League Draft Topic

Old
10-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Bryz4shiz

vCash: 500
Checking in. Sorry I'm late, my internet was down the end of last week and I was out of town this weekend

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Prongo
Beer

I tried to add some of my prospects but it says i will have an illegal contract?? I thought we were gonna be able to add our 5 prospects?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Garbage Goal

My team sucks lol. Has like four points so far this week.

Anyhow, I'm considering turning all forward positions into just Forward rather then dividing them between Center, LW, and RW. So, as far as keeper selections go, don't worry about having too many players at any single forward position.

Like I said a long time ago, since this is an inaugural season there will be changes made entering next season. Should be relatively minor changes like the one I just talked about, but changes nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I tried to add some of my prospects but it says i will have an illegal contract?? I thought we were gonna be able to add our 5 prospects?
You should be able to. I'll try to add them myself later.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:37 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
My team sucks lol. Has like four points so far this week.

Anyhow, I'm considering turning all forward positions into just Forward rather then dividing them between Center, LW, and RW. So, as far as keeper selections go, don't worry about having too many players at any single forward position.

Like I said a long time ago, since this is an inaugural season there will be changes made entering next season. Should be relatively minor changes like the one I just talked about, but changes nonetheless.

You should be able to. I'll try to add them myself later.
I don't think that falls under the "minor changes" category.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I don't think that falls under the "minor changes" category.
Even if it's not seen as a minor change I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Would make the lineups a lot simpler and a lot easier to setup. Consolidating all forward positions into one position would make keeper selections to be more versatile as well. Basically helps everyone from both a commissioner and membership standpoint.

Can you think of any legit reasons not to? Only reason I can think of is the off-case that someone already drafted and/or traded players based purely on the balance of their forward keepers in terms of positions. In which case, I'm sorry, but the positives still outweigh the negatives I think.

Regardless, I won't make a move like that without a vote or at least some understanding of what the community thinks of such a move. Just letting everyone know at the moment that such a change is possible.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:58 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Even if it's not seen as a minor change I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Would make the lineups a lot simpler and a lot easier to setup. Consolidating all forward positions into one position would make keeper selections to be more versatile as well. Basically helps everyone from both a commissioner and membership standpoint.

Can you think of any legit reasons not to? Only reason I can think of is the off-case that someone already drafted and/or traded players based purely on the balance of their forward keepers in terms of positions. In which case, I'm sorry, but the positives still outweigh the negatives I think.

Regardless, I won't make a move like that without a vote or at least some understanding of what the community thinks of such a move. Just letting everyone know at the moment that such a change is possible.
You didn't do this? Not to come across as a dick, but that's part of fantasy hockey. I'm not even saying this because I think I have some sort of perfectly distributed team; it's just the way it's played IMO. Should we just get rid of positions entirely and pick 20 hockey players for our squads?

Old
10-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

Im with JVR on this one keep the positions. It makes you make the tough decision of who to play and not to play sometimes that will determine a win from a lose.

I also was able to add my prospects!

Old
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
You didn't do this? Not to come across as a dick, but that's part of fantasy hockey. I'm not even saying this because I think I have some sort of perfectly distributed team; it's just the way it's played IMO. Should we just get rid of positions entirely and pick 20 hockey players for our squads?
When I draft I draft best person available, regardless of position. If you're committing to drafting players based on balanced positions and balanced keepers then you're already committing to a rebuild I think.

With that last sentence you're way oversimplifying it. If there's no differentiation made from a right d-man or a left d-man in fantasy hockey then why differentiate between three forward positions? Seems nonsensical to me. I like having one forward position for the same reason that d-men are only at one position in fantasy hockey. It keeps things simple and versatile from both a commissioner and management standpoint.

Have you ever played in a league that consolidated all forward positions into one? I'm playing in a few currently and I find it to be much, much better.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
When I draft I draft best person available, regardless of position. If you're committing to drafting players based on balanced positions and balanced keepers then you're already committing to a rebuild I think.

With that last sentence you're way oversimplifying it. If there's no differentiation made from a right d-man or a left d-man in fantasy hockey then why differentiate between three forward positions? Seems nonsensical to me. I like having one forward position for the same reason that d-men are only at one position in fantasy hockey. It keeps things simple and versatile from both a commissioner and management standpoint.

Have you ever played in a league that consolidated all forward positions into one? I'm playing in a few currently and I find it to be much, much better.
That's what NHL GMs do because they're drafting 18 year olds. Who knows what their teams will look like in 3 years when those drafted players might start making a significant impact? That style doesn't make much sense for fantasy hockey IMO.

I wouldn't mind if you chose to do this before we drafted, but the season has already started and I'm pretty sure most people don't like to draft guys who will be sitting on their bench even if they're the BPA. You've already changed the amount of keepers after the draft which was kind of a big deal because people probably chose whichever players would help the most this year rather than guys with potential once their keeper amount was full.

I'm not a fantasy hockey expert by any means, but it just doesn't seem right to make a change like this at this point.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I'm with JVR on this one. It's a little late to be making that change. I mean, if you're doing an NFL draft and pick Drew Brees to be your QB and Michael Vick is available on your next go around, would you draft Michael Vick because he is likely the best fantasy player on the board?

10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
I like it the way it is, because you can find advantages in drafting dual-purpose players. Although, I think I drafted two guys who were dual-purpose, and now they're both centers only.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Garbage Goal

Looks like I won't do it since it doesn't seem popular. I really wanted that change, but w/e.

I'm curious though, how many of you have actually played in a league that had all the forward positions consolidated?

Quote:
That's what NHL GMs do because they're drafting 18 year olds. Who knows what their teams will look like in 3 years when those drafted players might start making a significant impact? That style doesn't make much sense for fantasy hockey IMO.

I wouldn't mind if you chose to do this before we drafted, but the season has already started and I'm pretty sure most people don't like to draft guys who will be sitting on their bench even if they're the BPA. You've already changed the amount of keepers after the draft which was kind of a big deal because people probably chose whichever players would help the most this year rather than guys with potential once their keeper amount was full.

I'm not a fantasy hockey expert by any means, but it just doesn't seem right to make a change like this at this point.
The change would be made in the next off-season, not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I'm with JVR on this one. It's a little late to be making that change. I mean, if you're doing an NFL draft and pick Drew Brees to be your QB and Michael Vick is available on your next go around, would you draft Michael Vick because he is likely the best fantasy player on the board?
I'm not a football fan at all so that might as well be gibberish to me.

Old
10-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Looks like I won't do it since it doesn't seem popular. I really wanted that change, but w/e.

I'm curious though, how many of you have actually played in a league that had all the forward positions consolidated?
I did. Once. It was a 16-team league. All the fun, all the challenge was gone and we realized it within the first month. Guys started to drift to their other teams and ignored the league. There were only like seven people left by the end of that season. The league died before Year 2.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Prongo
Beer

Garbage goal... how about a deal revolving around Joe Thornton for H. Sedin

Old
10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I have the best team ever. 21 points!

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
You were pretty much the only person I could have beaten last week.

10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Garbage goal... how about a deal revolving around Joe Thornton for H. Sedin
No interest in old Joe. Sorry. Not much I'm interested in from your team besides Lehtonen, Daniel Sedin, and Granlund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I have the best team ever. 21 points!
David Legwand is literally the only reason I lost last week. His 14.75 points were the difference between losing and winning for me.

I got beat by David ****ing Legwand. Of all people.

Old
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You were pretty much the only person I could have beaten last week.
Funny how things work like that. You're welcome.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Funny how things work like that. You're welcome.
That's essentially how my one fantasy league has gone since week 1. I'm lucky as hell.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Prongo
Beer

Alright its okay.. how about something around Lethonen and another one of my centers for H Sedin?? Not granlund or Murphy.. really only two untouchables i have ofcourse besides the other Sedin

Old
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Prongo
Beer

anyone interested in Joe Thornton out there???

Old
10-11-2011, 01:25 PM
JVR21
G

Send me offers, ****holes.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
No interest in old Joe. Sorry. Not much I'm interested in from your team besides Lehtonen, Daniel Sedin, and Granlund.

David Legwand is literally the only reason I lost last week. His 14.75 points were the difference between losing and winning for me.

I got beat by David ****ing Legwand. Of all people.
Oh yeah, LEGGGGGGGGGGGS. That was a clutch win for the Wu. We're in talks with Zbynek Michalek about his recent lack of hustle and will at practice.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Garbage Goal

What does everyone think of the league scoring setup? Anyone think any changes should be made or anything? Just curious. Won't actually change anything unless there's a majority vote or consensus reached that there should be a change.

Old
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
What does everyone think of the league scoring setup? Anyone think any changes should be made or anything? Just curious. Won't actually change anything unless there's a majority vote or consensus reached that there should be a change.
Unless there's a major flaw we should likely wait until the end of the season to tweak it at this point.

While I haven't really studied the scoring in depth or anything, I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me as being problematic...except for the fact that my points don't count more than my opponent's points. Can we change that?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote