HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Cole So Far

Old
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Young Gun

vCash: 500
Erik Cole So Far

Let me start by saying, Eric, keep your head up, your gonna get hit by a freight train if you don't. Got rocked in preseason and hit at least twice in the last 2 reg games.
The guy as the speed, big body, good vision, why is he not a the pp? His salary don't warrant him getting third line minutes. Third liners come cheaper than that.
Leave Ak on the third line, he only shows up every 10 games or so anyway. Hopefully
with lars coming back it will get ak up and running, if not, he can have his xmas dinner,somewhere in america..lol
Cole is by no means our answer to toughness, but he is a big body, if he can pot 25, i'm happy

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
ThaDevilGirl

He sucks on the power play.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Way too early to tell anything yet.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Erik*

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Stradale

It still mind blowing that a guy that plays one game out of 10 can score 20 goals and get 45 pts. Imagine if the guy plays every games!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
neofury*

He potted like 22/26 on ES last year, is not a PP kind of guy at all as he typically scores off the rush, and it's been 2 games with injuries all over.

The fact that he was shifted to the 3rd line in order to balance the line up and you claim due to overall ice time he's a 3rd liner... without putting into context the fact that he's not a PP/PK player at all... doesn't prove he's being used incorrectly.

Also as the year progresses, Lars Eller comes back and that 3rd line becomes more and more responsible... they will see more ice time, but I doubt by then Cole isn't on the first or second line.

People need to calm down with the overreactions though. It's been two games, one where we should have been leading 3-0 after the first but were tied 0-0 and subsequently lost 2-0. One where we slaughtered Winnipeg 5-1. Both were road games and we're .500

People need to chill out. On the plus side of things...

Price has looked phenomenal and arguably should have gotten a SO already. Gets plowed into the net and it's a goal

Either way 3ga in 2 games... same old Price only one difference... anyone notice he's seemed more calm and more confident in the crease than ever before? I'm really excited to see what this guy can do for us this year.

Subban... we still have him and he's still healthy.

Cole... will be fine.

We have enough depth that with Cammy injured we still have 2 top lines and an effective enough bottom six. Let the good times roll, we've got depth and it shows. I see a lot of more positive than negative though personally injuries do scary me.

Oh and...

Weber... stepping up finally
Diaz... looking great for a rookie
Emelin... looking great for a rookie

We're actually pretty lucky... in the end it looks like it just was the preseason. So people need to stop getting hysterical after 2 games one of which we won.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
guest1467

Have some patience.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He potted like 22/26 on ES last year, is not a PP kind of guy at all as he typically scores off the rush, and it's been 2 games with injuries all over.

The fact that he was shifted to the 3rd line in order to balance the line up and you claim due to overall ice time he's a 3rd liner... without putting into context the fact that he's not a PP/PK player at all... doesn't prove he's being used incorrectly.

Also as the year progresses, Lars Eller comes back and that 3rd line becomes more and more responsible... they will see more ice time, but I doubt by then Cole isn't on the first or second line.

People need to calm down with the overreactions though. It's been two games, one where we should have been leading 3-0 after the first but were tied 0-0 and subsequently lost 2-0. One where we slaughtered Winnipeg 5-1. Both were road games and we're .500

People need to chill out. On the plus side of things...

Price has looked phenomenal and arguably should have gotten a SO already. Gets plowed into the net and it's a goal

Either way 3ga in 2 games... same old Price only one difference... anyone notice he's seemed more calm and more confident in the crease than ever before? I'm really excited to see what this guy can do for us this year.

Subban... we still have him and he's still healthy.

Cole... will be fine.

We have enough depth that with Cammy injured we still have 2 top lines and an effective enough bottom six. Let the good times roll, we've got depth and it shows. I see a lot of more positive than negative though personally injuries do scary me.

Oh and...

Weber... stepping up finally
Diaz... looking great for a rookie
Emelin... looking great for a rookie

We're actually pretty lucky... in the end it looks like it just was the preseason. So people need to stop getting hysterical after 2 games one of which we won.
Not to single you out, but I hate when people say that about weber. He's been ready for a while IMO.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Have some patience.
The guy is on pace for a 0-0 season,i'm hitting the panic button.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
hockeyman*

shhhhh............

Just quietly back away from this thread, and pretend it never existed.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Hopefully Martin & Cole don't have the patience of a chipmunk like most of us, and aren't worrying. Since you know...it's been a grand total of 2 games and whatnot.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:23 PM
le_sean

I just don't like that he's letting up with his hits. If you have the opportunity to crush someone, do it. That's the reason they gave you a contract. I could care less if he only gets 15 goals, hurt people (cleanly).

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Habs

Looks like the Cole from Edmonton so far.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not to single you out, but I hate when people say that about weber. He's been ready for a while IMO.
No worries. Not saying he wasn't ready just saying he's stepping up in general. In preseason he looked awful at times and the effort seemed to fall short at times.

Now he's really turned it up a notch, I think he responded well to being moved back to D, he wanted to prove he's capable and he did. Just needs to be more consistent. I expected more out of Weber for the preseason, I guess because he's young and I still expect him to compete big time out there even if it's preseason. I can see now that he's just like Price in that regard

Old
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Tusk

So far? 2 games.

Do people not know anything about the rest of the league around here? Who do you think was signed? This was a solidifying top 9 signing, not a saviour signing, he fits the system well on a systems team. Actually, after writing that, do people here not know anything about their own favorite team?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Hopefully Martin & Cole don't have the patience of a chipmunk like most of us, and aren't worrying. Since you know...it's been a grand total of 2 games and whatnot.
I hope next game Cole scores a hat trick so we can see half of the same people be all like "Cole's going to win us the cup! plan the parade! Cole is better than Kovalchuk!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
So far? 2 games.

Do people not know anything about the rest of the league around here? Who do you think was signed? This was a solidifying top 9 signing, not a saviour signing, he fits the system well on a systems team. Actually, after writing that, do people here not know anything about their own favorite team?
Like I said I'm not worried about Cole. He scores off the rush even strength. Nuff said really. He's a perfect fit.

Old
10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Protest the Hero

It's only been two games. He's been bad these two games, but it's only two games. Let's wait a little longer than two games to start extrapolating. He should be playing Darche's spot on the PP, stand in front of the net.

Two games.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
It's only been two games. He's been bad these two games, but it's only two games. Let's wait a little longer than two games to start extrapolating. He should be playing Darche's spot on the PP, stand in front of the net.

Two games.
Why? Darche is really good there. He made some slick plays both games in that spot, and he is excellent at tipping the puck.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
paddy

Welcome to Montreal Erik, where fans don't watch 82 games of other team's players so they think that everyone else is good during 82 games, and only our players are inconsistent.

Same reminder for you Mr. Kostitsyn... all the players in the league are consistent, why aren't you? I saw how consistent they are by watching highlights and stats sheets. I'm actually watching you play 82 games now, and why can't you score points every game like players elsewhere that I don't watch play?

Mr. Cole and mr. Kostitsyn, you're overpaid and should really give a more consistent effort. Same for you mr. Cammalleri. You were much more consistent when I wasn't watching you play for 82 games...

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Andy

FFS people it's 2 games.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Why? Darche is really good there. He made some slick plays both games in that spot, and he is excellent at tipping the puck.
Not to mention Darche's track record on the power play is actually stronger than Cole's. Granted its been over limited minutes but Darche has solid personal and team production with the man-advantage while Cole does not.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I agree.
Weber played well for us last year and showed he could hang in the NHL. Don't understand why people never gave him much of a chance. The kid will become solid for us.
Also didn't understand why Martin was using PK-Diaz-Plek-Spacek before him on the PP point. IMO, he is our best PP point man after Markov. I'm glad he scored, that should definitely buy him more PP ice time.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Well I meant he should be doing the same thing Darche is, not playing on the boards where his passing isn't up to snuff. Also, if we're paying him 4.5/year, he should be getting powerplay time, whether he replaces Darche or not.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
coolasprICE

Prediction:

Road = 41 Gp , 5 Goals, 6 Assists

Home = 41 Gp, 22 Goals, 20 Assists

Total = 27 Goals, 26 Assists

Bookmark This

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

OP's making all sort of amazing threads! Just what we needed. More knee-jerk reactions from Habs fans.

It's been a whole 2 games, my god...

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote